"Real O.C." Guy Really Arrested

2/20/2009 7:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Slade SmileySlade Smiley from "The Real Housewives of Orange County" -- yes, there are guys on that show -- was picked up by Costa Mesa PD today on a civil contempt warrant.

We're told Smiley was popped this afternoon and is currently being held on $10,000 bail.

It's unclear what the warrant is for ... there's a buzz it involves unpaid child support, but so far we haven't confirmed it.

UPDATE -- Slade's people are saying he was "unaware" that the warrant existed until he was arrested. The warrant had to do with money he owed his baby mama for their son who has been suffering from a rare form of brain cancer for several years. He says, "This is an unfortunate situation that has occurred. My son is very ill and we have been working on resolving the issue of support vs. his enormous medical bills with the appropriate agencies for several months now. It is sad that individuals would take advantage of the situation in an attempt to defame and discredit me in such a public manner. For those who know me, there is nothing more important than my children."

Annette

Slade's child support case had to have been ongoing for quite some time in order for it to finally reach the status of "warrant". At least in Los Angeles County you go through the motions of having a hearing for being in contempt for nonpayment of support and found guilty if you have no evidence to support your reasons for nonpayment (it is not a quick process). In order to reach warrant status it has to be because you've neglected to attend hearings or did not try to resolve owed support through payments. The amount of money that he pays for his "Hum-V" from previous episodes could have paid, I'm sure, for his child support, but Slade has his priorities.....(sad really)
He and Gretchen are a true match, "The Gold Digger and her Tool" should be the title of their "reality" show.

1995 days ago

Heather

First! Love Real Housewives!!!!

Keepin' It REAL

THIS GUY IS SUCH A DOUCHE!

gus

Low rent wannabe douche-tool. But Id love to watch the Bravo series about his constant fight to not get but-raped in County.

TCH

If this cat failed to pay child support they need to take everything from his self serving douche being. Then give him a good beat down to make an example for all non-supporting fathers.

ya right

maybe he assaulted that one lady that called him a 'homo' on the season finale of the show this week. i would have!!!

USMC

How do you not pay child support to a terminally ill child?

rd

Tamra and Vicky are very rude and hurtful people. I would never want to be friends with people like that, but sadly I might be. I'd never know it because women like this are so nice to your face. But when the mask comes off...it's Freddy Kruger underneath.

Chris

I think ANYONE who choses not to support their children should be arrested. They really need to think of the affect that their non support has on that child/children and the other members of the family. DOUCHBAG!

So What

Pizza Girl said. "How do you not pay child support to a terminally ill child?"

Well, Dork, the same way, you, Pizza Girl, dumped your two boys at your x husbands house so you could spend all your time stalking this loser dad and all your loser idol housewives. Sheesh!

steve

He has two son's, older and a younger one,,,I heard his buisness career went south, so he became a producer for Jo,,,and put up a big wad of money to get her career going...Don't pay child support but can throw it all away on some terrible talent wanna be singer,,,,you deserve to sit in jail !!!!....Guy is a big joke !,,,and is scared of his own shadow !!

The Fuzz

I lived with Gretchen in Costa Mesa. And was living out of a suitcase with a friend when I left because she was going to dinner with Slade. When I went to pick up more clothes on Wed Feb 18th Slades car was in the driveway. I know Gretchen well so I called the police dept to do a civil asst and help me recover some more clothes. I had proper identification to be there so they attempted to get Slade or Gretchen to open the door. No response from them so when I told them I have a way to get in the dispatcher recieved a call from Slade saying he was with Gretchen and they were in Vegas. Slade called a recorded line to lie to the police. He also told the dispatcher that a neighbor called him to say the police were there. So that is why he called. So I proceeded to enter the house as I did I saw there was Slades wallet shirt Jacket shoes and car keys were in plain sight. The officer and I then heard foot steps upstairs. But Slade and Gretchen would still not come out of her room. This is public information and probably on a report. I did recover more clothes BUT did not have a moving truck set up so I was only able to get clothes not furniture. The officers did not tell me but I over heard them say He has a suspended Lic and a fake tag on his unregistered car as well as a warrant for $10,000 out of LA county. This is what I think I heard. I will be moving the rest of my stuff out next week.

PEPSI Generation

Doc was right ANTHROPOMETIC FIDO Howard Robard Hughes IIV!.

MaMaMia55

I thought he had custody of the kids, atleast he did when he was on the Housewives show !!??

Babs

I always knew he was slime.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments