"SNL" -- You Can't Beat Us

2/21/2009 11:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kenan Thompson"Saturday Night Live" will not let a silly little beating stand in the way of what could be a rating's bonanza.

Kenan Thompson told Us Magazine Chris Brown is more than welcome on "SNL" anytime, saying, "We don't care about scandal. We just care about what brings us ratings! If we had them both on the show, that would be crazy."

But wait, there's more. Kenan says, "I know how women can get when you get a text message from another female, so I'm just saying -- you have to learn that you can't put your
hands on a female."

Kenan calls the whole Rihanna thing "an unfortunate situation."

There's a Latin phrase, res ipsa loquitur. Translation: The thing speaks for itself.

crash the DJ

The pictures of Rihanna are horrible too see and should never have happened. But I'm typing this sitting here at a buddies, with a black eye and a chipped tooth from my EX girlfriend after she accused me of cheating and thru me out of OUR place. I dont see any cops coming to my rescue or arresting her ? I dont see any homes or government places for me too sleep ? Its a 2 way street people !!! So maybe Rihanna did start it. But no argument should lead to a violent act.
Violence BY women is increasing every year I've just been reading in a news report. I read that too late.
Who is Keenan Thompson?

2012 days ago

kat

I will never watch anything this idiot is on again. He represents everything women hate about men.

2012 days ago

gurlsnguns

He's not funny on SNL, and clearly an idiot too.

2012 days ago

Juliettahere

This is not an unfortunate situation, it is a CRIME. SNL is starting to get on my nerves. They are out of bounds. Is there a ratings karma? Hope it bites them in the butt. Along with Tina what's her name who thinks she is beyond criticism.

2012 days ago

Carrie

Keenan is spelled wrong in the third paragraph. :P Can I have a job? I'm a great writer! LOL.

2012 days ago

gwen

So my best guess when I hear comments like Keenan's is "he beats women too" so of course Chris Brown is welcomed as far as he is concerned on SNL..but I won't be watching. It has been interesting to read some of the responses from these black men who seem to be in support of another black man who got busted in the public for almost killing a woman while beating her. I am not saying white guys are abusers and I am quite sure there are more white men who batter and assault women more than there are black men but at the moment..it is black men who are speaking out and defending the actions of a man who should be charged with attempted murder.

2012 days ago

media critic

"Saturday Night Live" will not let a silly little beating to stand in the way of what could be a rating's bonanza.

So I guess that makes SNL a lot like TMZ.

2012 days ago

beetches mcpherson

octoho should name one of her spawn after this gg, really

2012 days ago

Beth

RE: #58, Posted at 8:43AM on Feb 22nd 2009 by Amy

"Some people need to learn how to read..."

Oh. Please.

Mr Thompson's words speak for themselves, I don't need YOU to 'translate' his meaning and intent. He was being sarcastic? Says who? There is no way to interpret the man's tone of voice or his humorous intent from this quote. Sarcasm does not translate into the written word -- and Mr Thompson has given a quote to the print media (US magazine). Taking the words at face value they are hateful and callous and at best Mr Thompson is backtracking with his comment "I'm just saying -- you have to learn that you can't put your hands on a female."

What you choose to see as sarcasm and humour, I see differently. It's insulting that Mr Thompson justifies Brown's criminal behaviour, but I'm more enraged that Thompson hopes to exploit this crime for commercial benefit.

2012 days ago

Liv

Dude! He said you SHOULDN'T put your hands on a woman...why is that sexist???
He's telling the truth, they don't care about anything but ratings. Although, Chris Brown shouldn't have a career anymore, he doesn't deserve it...Karma is gonna bite him in his ass. And whatever made Rihanna make Chris mad...well, he deserved it! He shouldn't be cheating! WTF, IT'S RIHANNA, SHE'S GORGEOUS! Sheesh.

2011 days ago

Milf Biggenson

The only thing Chris Brown should be on, is trial. Maybe Scott Peterson could do some skits about wife and baby murder via satellite on next week's show. That being said, I sincerely doubt LORNE Michaels (not Lauren) or NBC shares the sentiment. Remember those "Opinions expressed do not reflect the management etc etc" warnings that you see at the beginning of DVD's? Let's not paint the entire GE/NBC organization with the same brush. Keenan is correct; the ratings would be through the roof. That doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

HOWEVER - nobody, NOBODY takes Oprah to task for the doing the same thing. If you think for a moment she has people on her show because she CARES about ALL of them, you're fooling yourself. I'm not implying that she's not empathetic or sympathetic to their situations, but they're on her show to keep up the ratings.

2011 days ago