Not a Dry Eye in the House -- redirect

2/23/2009 12:23 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

COMMENTS

Debzilla

Heath did an amazing job as the joker, seriously it was beyond dark and unlike anything to be seen again. Dead or alive, he DID deserve it!! I am sad we lost such a treasure, His acting ability was way overlooked and under appreciated!!

steve

whats the big deal about heath winning the movie was over hipped from the start all it could manage is one stupid oscar nomination for simpathy he wasn't even nominated in the for best actor or best pic after grossing over 100 some million i bet that when matilda turns 18 shell ask how did this and who was heath ledger and shell prob won't care about the oscar anywaysdid enyone notice that heath wasn't even in the mem of deaths this year

Nicole H.

this was the highlight of my night!

magnoliasouth

"Not a dry eye" and gee, I wonder why. Perhaps it's because most of them there were actors? They know how to shed tears at the drop of the hat for appropriate moments such as this. The thing is, Ledger did something stupid and he paid for it. I don't feel anything for Ledger, but I will admit I feel for the family. They had nothing at all to do with Ledger's irresponsibility and they obviously loved him, faults and all.

hh

HEY #8

it's people like you who make me ashamed to be American sometimes...

or rather, NATIVE American.

YOU SOUND LIKE SOME BIGOT, NOT UNLIKE COLUMBUS. SO WHY DON'T YOU CRAWL BACK UNDER WHICHEVER ROCK YOU CAME FROM

There's NO ROOM for IDIOTS like you in this great, FREE country

although people like you never wanted it to be free in the first place....WELL TOO BAD

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. NOW GO SUCK AN EGG YOU STUPID PIECE OF TRASH, YOU ARE NOT AMERICAN IN THE LEAST!!!!!!!

Mary Worth

I agree that there are morons here who don't make sense and cannot spell. I think they're products of inbreeding.

No one EVER won an oscar BECAUSE they died. If that were true, there'd be more posthumous awards, and James Dean would have been a recipient!
And Heath Ledger won the greatest compliments from actors such as Michael Caine, Maggie Gylenhaal, and many others BEFORE the award season even began.

pollynoo

A douchebag no-talent 'actor' who took his own life...no loss there, but giving him an award for a characater on its 3rd run is a joke.

Kristin Hutchins

I am taken aback by the negative comments~ He deserved this very much. At the last minute I thought, after the Globe, perhaps they wouldn't, but then thought... He REALLY was well deserved of this. Sad part is, of all the news sites that I have come across in the US, this is the ONLY place that really gives him respect more so because of the video footage of his Parent's and Sister's speech in RESPECT. I clapped for Heath and his daughter. Much Respect to you Heath, and to you Matilda~

Dame

So no prob when Heath dies of an overdose and wins an award, but when you have a living crackhead with talent like Amy Winehouse, everyone is so opposed to her winning. Forget the Academy and all those who are crying over Heath, sure he was a good actor and a great talent. Now in his passing everyone wants to applaud. Let Amy have died and so many would have shamed her name. Since she is so infamous for her drug addictions no one wants to give her any props. Who the hell are these people that make these decisions. If you hate her while she's living, hate him while he's dead.

Holly

I'm sure Ledger deserved whatever award he got. I have no idea because I didn't even watch that movie. The bigger point here is who in the hell do these people, these stars, think they are?? They keep giving each other all these awards, crying and clapping vigorously because this one or that one acted in some movie they liked and then got awarded for it.

These people are living in crazy world in which they are some great beings...beings who must be celebrated almost constantly with awards, money, attention, etc. Nobody is THAT great. My God, so they pretend to be other people and act out stories other people wrote. Yes some of them even entertain us. But does that make them worthy of adoration, millions of dollars, and the ubiquitous award statues they are always handing out to them? No.

Your name:

I bet he was speechless!

puhllleeez

I can't believe how many people are here posting this degree of hatred. Heath was a fantastic actor. Anyone who comes to a celebrity messageboard and just spews hatred is frickin crazy. Whether or not you liked him, whether or not you feel he deserved the award, it's not worth the bordering on psychotic venemous posts.

Me, myself and I

Who didn't think the dead guy wouldn't get best supporting actor? Maybe someone should tell the Academy that just because someone decides to kill themselves, that doesn't mean that their ability to act has increased.

Ande

I believe Heath deserved this award. I saw most all the movies this year and Heath's portrayal of the Joker was truly unique and memorable. He pulled out all the stops to create brilliant and chaotic character. Good for the academy to recognize it.

I was torn about the Sean Pean winning for Milk. He was incredible in the role, but there was also something very special about Mickey Rourke's Wrestler. Sometimes I wish they could have a tie!

And man I don't understand the cruel remarks some people make on these boards. Attention seekers, I guess . . .

The Dude

Oh, Boo Hoo, He died so valiantly..from a drug overdose while lounging his time away spending the large sum of money he made fiegning complicated emotions and mugging facial expressions in an art we call "acting". He needs some recognition out of this because "acting" is so much more complicated than...Rocket science, dying in a war for your country, programming computers or designing electronics....hey let give him the Oscar..because he made a COMIC BOOK CARACTER seem intended of the way it should be portrayed.

Oh, they humanity! Does it really matter that some guy just got blown up in Afghanistan serving his country, when Heath sacrificed himself stepping in the path of that speeding Vicodine?? Think of how many people Heath saved from that hand grenade...oops, no I mean that bottle of drugs he threw himself on. Such a hero. Such a great message hollywood sends with this...