Britney Sneaks Calls -- Daddy Pissed

2/23/2009 7:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsThere's a hearing underway in the Britney Spears restraining order case against Sam Lutfi and Adnan Ghalib.

Daddy Jamie Spears is on the stand right now, explaining that Britney somehow got her hands on a pre-paid cell phone which caused him fits because they have been strictly monitoring the phones she's able to use.

The nanny heard Britney talking to Sam and Adnan on the pre-paid phone in the wee hours of the morning one day. It appears Jamie believes Sam and Adnan got her the phone in an attempt to poison her against Jamie and to torpedo the conservatorship.

If Sam did have any contact with Britney, he would have violated a court order to stay the hell away from her.

Jamie is trying to make the temporary restraining order against the dynamic duo permanent.

mayeb63

Back when Britney was hanging out with these 2 idots, everyone was screaming "where are her parents???" Now that her parents are in control, people are saying "she's 27, she's old enough to make her own decisions". I can see why the girl is crazy!!

2037 days ago

matt

just let her crash and burn already. if she was happier when she couldn't even have her kids for a hour a week then let her go back to it. shes a waste of life as far as i'm concerned

2037 days ago

Jan

Sam is terrorizing that family. He should go to jail. He almost let her die last year.

2037 days ago

GGG

Those two loosers need to just go away and leave Brit alone. Brit is finally getting her life together and those two leaches are waiting with baited breath to ruin it all for her. Keep up the good work daddy and keep those loosers away from Brit!!!!!!!

2037 days ago

Georgia Girl

Hope Sam goes to jail. Adnan too.

2037 days ago

QE2

I've never met these people, so I won't speculate about what they think or feel.

However, looking at the behavior of Jamie, I'm a little disturbed by his parenting. I think a primary job of a parent is to raise children to be able to go out into the world and take care of themselves and live productive lives. I don't think he is doing that--he should be working to get her better so she can manage her OWN life, children, and affairs. I can see why a conservator would be helpful, but the idea should be to help her get her back of her feet, not to send her out to make money. He should be excersizing his control to help her get better.

I think this is an example of really poor parenting.

2037 days ago

Tracey

Only Daddy has a girls best interests at heart. He is watching out for his baby girl. Good for you Jamie, Brit hasn't looked this good in years and it's thanks to her mom and dad

2036 days ago

jwoolman

Even though she's doing much better than before, I suspect she still is in the "incompetent" category as far as dealing with everyday decisions is concerned. She's basically operating at the emotional level of a young teenager, and I assume that's why the court decided to continue the conservatorship. If she really were being overly controlled by her dad, she has plenty of opportunities to say so, in and out of court, without her father present.

I wouldn't trust her alone with the kids myself - still too risky. I also wonder about her decision to take them with her on tour, even though supposedly they will be staying in one "home base" location among several. Why not just let the kids stay home and just pause the tour periodically to go visit them? Also use the technology to keep in realtime video contact - they're old enough for that now. That makes so much more sense. Why disrupt their lives more than necessary? I know Angelina/Brad are always dragging their kids everywhere, but they're full-time parents without a history of being more crazy than usual in the biz. Brittany has had more limited contact with her kids and some of it rather scary.... At some point she has to make decisions based on the kids' best interests, not her own needs. I hope the stress of a tour isn't too much for her right now, even though having such goals is probably good for her (she's actually a workaholic by nature). But what happens if she starts behaving erratically from the stress, with the kids in the middle, far from home?

Anyway, I can understand why her dad wants more control over the phones - she still is far too vulnerable and gullible, and also mercurial. Some days she probably realizes how bad those guys were for her, other days she's not so sure - and talking with Sam on the phone especially is likely to derail her from any progress. How do you think he got so close to her in the first place? He knew exactly what buttons to push. You don't let a child near a pedophile, and that's basically the kind of situation here. Sam's manipulations apparently are hard for even full-grown adults to resist, and with Brittany (27 going on 13) - well, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

2036 days ago

C

He's going to work damn hard to make sure nobody takes her money or controls her...but him. He's taking all her money for doing what a father should do in the first place and is proud of the fact that she has a cell phone, but can't use it without her permission. I only see one predator here and it doesn't seem to be Sam or Adnan.

2036 days ago

P Pierce

I guess everyone likes a trainwreck. When will people give up and let this crazy bi_ch slow cook in her own juices

2036 days ago

Harriet

I continue to worry about her rights. I know that she is off balance but how long can her father or anyone else control her to such an extent? I don't like Sam or Adnan but I think that her father is over the line asking for permanent control. When does this end? She sings. She dances. She brings home the money. Her father is in control of EVERYTHING. Isn't that making her into a cash cow?

2036 days ago

twinky

Something is VERY wrong here. IF IT WERE BIPOLAR, you would think the family would have admitted that. Do bi-polar people speak in other accents or take up a different personality? If she is this mentally ill, her dad should turn her over to a 24/7 psychiatrist. Does her dad think that going on tour is going to help her mental illness? Does dad like the money he is making? Does dad like the lifestyle he is getting accustomed to or would he like to go back to being a cook? Why does dad's concerns seem to be about money or control? Britney isn't even singing "live" on her tour. This has become a joke. She must be very mentally ill with a dad who wants to be in control for the first time in his life.

2036 days ago

twinky

TO 108 WSUP (aka Britney) People don't hate you, Britney. You are irrelevant now and we don't care but we are still disgusted by what you do.

2035 days ago

Party 'till you die!

Only a real loser would spell the word 'looseres' like that! Just how stupid do you have to be to spell it like that? Really, really stupid! Like brain damaged level of stupid!

2035 days ago

Patricia

Oh......my!!! How I love the little "NAUGHTY" side of Britney. It boils down to this: What Britney wants....Britney gets. This naughty behavior is what we just adore about Britney. I don't care what anyone says.... I think she is still in love with Adnan Ghalib. If she breaks through the Conservatorship~ she is headed straight into his arms.

2035 days ago