Nickelodeon: If Chris Brown Wins, Blame Kids

3/9/2009 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown - NickelodeonEveryone's wondering why in the world accused woman beater Chris Brown is still up for two Kids' Choice Awards. We finally have an answer -- Nickelodeon is blaming the kids.

Instead of being responsible adults and taking a stance, Nickelodeon, which airs the award show at the end of the month, is hiding behind their tiny voters. A Nick exec tells TMZ Brown "was nominated by kids several months ago, and the kids who vote will ultimately decide who wins in the category."

In other words -- kids rule! Who needs adults stepping in to teach young minds why Mr. Brown might not be the best role model?

Remember, kids also want cake for breakfast, unlimited allowance and the keys to Dad's new Porsche.

h20

As a mother of two children who watch Nickelodeon (although not his show), I will quickly turn the channel if I see him on it. If I am asked why, I will tell them. This man is a role model to no one except loser cowards who have no other idea on how to solve their problems sans violence, especially towards women. I don't care if she hit him first; then he should have called the cops or let her out and walked away.

2001 days ago

Zoya

In the world of Nickolodean kids dont need us to protect them or to lead by example.. So dont worry abt watching your child talking to that creep on the internet because they Choose to talk to the perv, and kids have all the power to make rational decisions. So next time ur kid decides to shoot up stop and remember the lesson that Nickolodean is teaching us here and now: The Kids will do what they want and we are not at liberty to stop them

2001 days ago

GGG

Shame on Nickelodeon for supporting a woman beater!!!!! They have NO backbone to do the right thing and kick his ass out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2001 days ago

T

This man earned it. TMZ has turned into the courts here and not the courts that has charged him.. What is the public going to allow TMZ to do, nickel and dime this young man into utter financial choas. Leave him alone, he did earn this plus KOBE Bryant was nominated for the Kid's choice, so was Michael Phelps and TMZ was nowhere to be found in this. It is making me think, who is policing you guys(TMZ)?

2001 days ago

Carrys F.

Angel, feel free to let Nickelodeon and anyone else how you feel about other nominees. I feel strongly about Chris Brown and have no intention of fighting your battles for you.

2001 days ago

MG

Go to nickelodeon.com and voice your opinion for those who are concerned. He is not a role model for our children.

2001 days ago

Angel

@Beth, I dont need or want to you to fight my battles, its just that you and others are talking about role models. What makes one more acceptable than the other. The double standards are just glaring. That all i'm sayin.

2001 days ago

Michael Phelps didn't leave anyone with physical or emotional scars, but he too has not been the best citizen and I don't think his name should be on any Nick ballot. And is Jamie Lynn Spears nominated too? What the he** is wrong with Nick?

2001 days ago

Schel

My children (girl and boy) and I will continue to support Chris Brown as an ARTIST! His personal life is not what we and other dedicated FANS pay for. We will continue to buy his CDs, DVD.s, etc. as long as he continues to put out a good product!

As a parent and a DEDICATED FAN we have started gathering votes from other kids who would like and will VOTE for him on the Nickelodeon site for an award in BOTH categories, he has WORKED hard for this and should be nominated to win!!!!

His PERSONAL LIFE should have NOTHING to do with him as a TALENTED ARTIST!!! BACK TO WORK CHRIS BROWN!!!

2001 days ago

Anisha

I've seen worse things happen and kids still love them. They are kids and they shouldn't have to deal with that. Let them worry about kid stuff and if that means voting for Chris Brown then so be it. Thats the problem, we want kids to grow up too fast.

2001 days ago

Mike

I love how people along with TMZ sorry asses are being Hypocrites. Why not have on of Michael Phelps or Jamie Lynn or even Vanessa or Meily that both got nude. WHY NOT THEM??? It's still made message to the kids. If TMZ are trying to pretend like the give a damn STOP BEING HYPOCRITES!

2000 days ago

Christie

THANK YOU TMZ, I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET NICK TO LISTEN FOR A WHILE !

2000 days ago

MG

Michael Phelps and Jamie Lynn aren't role models but they also didn't hurt anyone but themselves Chris on the other hand HURT another person.

2000 days ago

LOL

#32 you must a be a moron teenager - see, the internet did not exist when sean penn beat madonna, which is why TMZ did not report it, seeing as TMZ did not exist.

2000 days ago

IF KICKELODEON DOESN'T KICK HIM OFF THEN GO TO THE WEBSITE AND VOTE FOR SOMEONE ELSE. THATS WHAT I WILL BE DOING WHEN MY KID GETS HOME!

2000 days ago