TMZ Saves Andy Dick from Imminent Arrest

3/10/2009 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Andy Dick: ExclusiveAndy Dick had a warrant out for his arrest -- for a crime he didn't commit -- that is, until yesterday, when TMZ stepped in and unintentionally helped Dick get off.

Here's how it all went down: On February 6th, a Riverside County judge issued a bench warrant for Dick when Andy's court-ordered alcohol monitoring bracelet (SCRAM) tested positive for booze.

Andy is still on probation for that drunken fight at a chicken wing joint last year, so a positive booze test means he could have been arrested and hauled off to jail.

Andy says he never took a drink, and claimed booze on the floor of a comedy club must have set off the device -- but who's gonna believe that guy? Turns out, Dick was right.

When TMZ called the people who monitor the SCRAM they told us Andy's SCRAM turned in a "less than .02" reading, which, according to that group, means environmental circumstances probably DID cause the positive reading. The group incorrectly reported the incident as a "violation."

The court never noticed the mistake, until we started making calls on the situation. Eventually, we spoke to the DA, who informed us that the judge had rescinded the warrant -- because of the new information provided by yours truly.

To reiterate the important part -- we didn't mean to get Andy Dick out of trouble, it just happened that way.

Sorry.

justin

idk what the story iz. but 1st too comment.. yahoo

to little

and again

colleen

You should have letg him rot in prison where he belongs.

annette

jc...shut the hell up

Go Andy! You're doing fantastic!!!

wolfer

Good Job TMZ.

kb

so then andy owes tmz a juicy story/photo or two

Kristi Jo Dee

Cool, I'm glad you helped Andy even though you are sorry you did. BTW what is up with DWTS only letting AT&T customers text their vote. I also tried to vote online and it told me someone already had my email address, um yeah me and they would not let me vote even though online is open until Tuesday noon. Oh well, I was hoping to keep STEVEO in but you have to have the right phone and computer carrier because it is fixed. Sucks.

Gaby♦

Thank God for TMZ!!

Gaby♦

And all those people who say TMZ is no good. Shame on them!

ss

Keep it up, Andy! I'm so happy for you and your son...you're inspiring others! :)
Good work, TMZ!

Kenneth

Hey

mr.money

whatever i dont care

Linda Mott

Pay the devil his dues. If someone is right, they are right and if they are wrong they are wrong. I wish our polititions were as objective as TMZ is and it is good that TMZ has a lawyer as the executive producer (Harvey Levin)

Paul Petersen advocate

Shame on you TMZ guys! Don't you know that alcoholism is a disease, and Andy is working so hard to overcome his addiction. I wonder if you would say the same thing if it were your father, brother, etc. I don't think so! To the TMZ staff person who wrote the storyline, you're an ignorant jerk.

handymike

WAY TO GO TMZ............WE LOVE YOU!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments