« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Held After Pedestrian is Killed

3/14/2009 10:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donte StallworthNFL wide receiver Donte Stallworth is being questioned by Miami Beach police after allegedly hitting a pedestrian as he was driving his Bentley earlier this morning. The unidentified victim died shortly thereafter.

Police tell TMZ they have taken blood samples from Stallworth to see if he has any drugs or alcohol in his system. It's unclear what circumstances caused the accident.

Stallworth is currently on a seven-year, $35 mil contract with the Cleveland Browns.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

xcalibur

IF DOUCHE BAG MICHAEL VICK GOT WHAT'S COMING TO HIM SO SHOULD THIS IDIOT. STRIP HIS CONTRACT AND THROW HIM TO THE DOGS!!!

roo

He's rich. He'll walk.

TEXAS_AGGIES03

Another one bites the dust. What will be this one's excuse? Unbelievable!

Borat

I just hope the victim wasn't black because if it was then he's in big trouble. Otherwise it's no big deal.

Hey, I don't make the politically correct rules. I just follow them.

He an idiot

Paige

Reply to #16....Because one particular race seems to F up more than any other...that's what is has to do with it? And, if you want to tell me Im wrong, prove I am wrong!!! Mothaf'er. And, Kanye West is from that particular race and that is enough to...god I can't even put it into words.

Brenda

$35 mil contract =HIRE A DRIVER

billyboyhere

I sincerely hope to high heaven this guy wasnt out "blinging" after partying all night given Friday was the day he was to collect a large first payment of his new multi million dollar contract....please lord jesus tell me this man was not out all night before he did this very bad deed. He has taken anothers life. I truly hope it was because he was on his way to the gym for an early morning workout...otherwise----hang him for being stupid. The memo went out when Obama got elected---no more hip hopping and acting the fool for Black Sports Stars and Entertainers.

If he killed this man from a night of partying he should be up on murder charges.

csigal

I can understand what some of you are saying. My brother-in-law was killed by a driver. He was walking on the side of the road at night wearing black and the girl driving didn't even see him until it was too late. It turned out that he was high on drugs and was drunk. He probably didn't even know where he was. We probably won't hear anything about it. BUT, if the football player was white and the ped was black, we all know that Al Sharpten would be the first one there to hollar racism. Since that's not the case, this will be the end of it. Plus he's rich and famous and we all know they get away with all kinds of things.

L

They throw a ball, they catch a ball, they run with it, try to prevent other team from getting it - and for this he makes enough to buy a Bentley!!

wolf man

You all must be dumber than advertised because everyone is jumping to their typical reactionary and bigoted comments. No charges have even been filed yet and you all are ready to give him the death penalty. Since when has analytical thinking become so forgotten?

Paige

#30, quit trying to sound smart, cuz I can tell the way you put your sentences together and your choice of words indicate something else. Most folks on here are just having a good time, playing around, don't take it so serious. Fyi, you ever heard of the saying...where there is smoke there is fire? Well, this young black athlete, like many others has a small brush fire around him right now.

why?

Again and again and again...theres something wrong in the world today...somthing just aint right!

MindyD

I'm so sorry for this poor person's family.

Biff

When You get to Your new Home Donte, Man whatever You do, DON'T DROP THE SOAP...

2011 days ago