Rihanna Wants Right to Remain Silent ... in Court

3/14/2009 2:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

RihannaSources connected with Chris Brown and Rihanna tell TMZ Brown's lawyer, Mark Geragos, wants the judge to give Rihanna a pass from testifying because of leaks in the case.

We're told Geragos and Rihanna's lawyer, Donald Etra, believe Rihanna was compromised when her name surfaced as the alleged victim in the beating. They claim this and other leaks violate her privacy rights and therefore she should not have to further put herself out to the public by testifying against Brown in the case.

It's further proof Rihanna and Brown are back together and in lockstep.

Geragos asked to meet with the judge in chambers, along with the prosecutors, on March 23 to discuss letting Rihanna off the hook. Brown's arraignment is set for April 6.

Toria

I hope Rihanna loses all her endorsements. She deserves to. She is sending the wrong message to women in abusive relationships by telling them they should forgive the guy and stay with him. Chris and Rihanna are both losers who deserve whatever they get.

Haviah Mighty

Thanks #73, for that. "Domestic VIOLENCE is when one spouse, male or female, abuses the other one without provocation."

i guess this ISN'T domestic violence since he was provoked. next ...

Toria

Maybe she's afraid of having to admit under cross examination by Brown's lawyer that she hit him first and in doing so, started the fight.

eazyb

Rihanna is a dumbass so when he beats her again and he will no one should give a dam what happens to her .

Michael Madsen

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me_86

Rihanna is an idiot. He probably knocked all the sense out of her! He's going to beat her up again!! She's a dumbass. Her career is OVER. She's giving up everything over this loser that beats the crap out of her! She's just saying to everyone that it's ok for men to beat women.

Dani

She's a tool and deserves an a** whipping daily now. How sad to be 21 and have no self-respect for herself or women around the world. She should move to Afghanistan where it's the norm and no one cares. I hope both their careers tank and they end up on Celebrity Rehab.

Peace and Love people, peace and love :)

pat

The reason she doesn't want to testify is that she has something to hide. Something she doesn't want to have to admit.

Something that will make her look worse than right now.

Layla

Sorry, Hairy, I was ridin DF's Mama. Little spitfire didn't wan't me to take it out of her.....ya dig?

nonoway

The both of then just plane make my stomach turn. She sure had a lot to say to the cops the day he knocked the crap out of her. I say MAKE her testify and also MAKE her pay for the 911 call, police and every other emergency service she used when it happned out of her own pocket. Tax payers can't afford to pay for her and Chris Browns STUPID azz games.

Jeannie

Yes she needs to testify.
If you had to call the police to help you out when you needed it then you need to help the system out and tell what happened and remember the panic and how you felt when you needed the help.

Echo

Like so many others that are commenting...
Its sad to see that she is willing to be with a wife beater...
She is a terrible role model...

I never liked or disliked either of them...but now I can honestly say I will avoid supporting their music from this point on. I hope both of their careers fail.

PamMatt

Goodbye Career!

reagan

As a victim of domestic violence that lost my parents, brother and rest of the extended family because I testified against my abuser - this pisses me off to no end. What a TERRIBLE example for young women! I went through over two years of absolute misery being begged, blackmailed and stalked to drop the charges, but I still stood my ground and put the SOB through court.
Ladies (and gentleman) - NO ONE has the "right" to hit you. NO ONE. If they do, they were never worth the love you ever gave them no matter what. REPORT them, TESTIFY against them and remember that you are worth way more than that- no matter what.
WALK AWAY. I used to think RiRi was so refreshing, and now this. If she stays with this abuser (and if she hit him-he should press charges too). They both have huge problems, obviously.
Take care out there y'all - and yes, you do make it - I have never looked back for one minute on my decision.

Sue

NOT TESIFY AGAINST A WOMAN BEATER, WHO BY THE WAY, LEFT HER ALONE IN THE STREET, AND TOOK OFF,
THE COWARD !!!! I have lost all respect for her. Shame on her. This will bite her in the butt, career wise