Jackie Mason -- How Dare You Say I'm Racist

3/16/2009 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Jackie Mason was pissed Sunday as he left a gig in New Jersey, in the wake of criticism that he was wrong to have called President Barack Obama a "schwartza."

play video
TMZ posted a story yesterday about Mason's performance Thursday at Feinstein's at the Loews Regency in NYC. He referred to the Prez as a "schwartza" -- the literal translation in Yiddish is "Black" -- but some say it's a disparaging reference to African Americans, akin to the "N" word.

Mason repeated his frustration -- he believes "White people have no freedom of speech." He also says there's a complete double standard -- that Chris Rock can trash whites without apology or criticism.

This just goes to show

you can never be too careful.

Never was a fan of Maya

@ # 46. White people are the main recipients of welfare and white people as a whole have the highest percentage of their race on welfare. I believe blacks are actually 3rd behind hispanics.
Posted at 3:00AM on Mar 16th 2009 by Logan_LCS

vaist

He should change his name to the Kosher KKKracker

Logan_LCS

@ #50 Logan - There are a far greater number of White and Hispanic people in the US than Black people (which is less than 13%) therefore it is logical that the White and Hispanic populations would have a higher number of welfare recipients. But if you want to talk real statistics, what do you think about the number of Black Americans in jails today? There are more Black people in Americas jails than any other race - and again Blacks make up less than 13% of the population. Now that is a frightening statistic.

First of all the amount of hispanics and blacks in this country is basically equal. Second of all I figured I would run into the "there are more of them" argument which is why I mentioned that the percentage of white people as a race is the highest race percentage that is actually on welfare. The "white" group itself is on public assistance more than any other "race" group. FACT.

The number of blacks in jail is a clear consequence of years of oppression that stems from racism and slavery. Most people are in jail because of drugs and drug violence, yet white people are the largest consumers of illegal drugs in this country. Meth is most the most popular drug in middle america, where there aren't many black people... and its also produced by the same people who consume it... white people... yet there are more blacks in jail for drugs? Anybody can draw a simple conclusion there

Jackie Mason is just an old guy who uses racist terms and thinks because he's old and joking that its all good. Realize the guy didn't call him a racist but yet Jackie denied being a racist. He's old enough to know what he's doing and actually not care about it

Never was a fan of Maya

@ 52. It's everybody else's fault isn't it. You're excuses are appalling. Remember, when you point your finger at others you have three others pointed right back at you, and rightfully so. Stop making excuses.

BTW, here's a nice little link for you with some welfare statistics... but since differs from your views it probably won't interest you.

Holly

A lot of people are sick of blacks making fun of whites and crying racism when any white person makes fun of them. In fact a lot of blacks scream racism at the drop of a hat, and whites go running in abject terror because if you get accused of being racist (no matter how unfounded the accusation), you're pretty much ruined.

I'm not a racist in any way, and I'm really tired of blacks in the media making their snide little comments about white people being racists, stupid, etc., all the time. A lot of blacks had MUCH more opportunity than I did growing up, and yet they keep yelling that they should get special treatment because of their race. It's BS.

At this point, I think blacks could make up 100% of the senate, the house, the Supreme Court and the presidency, and they would STILL be claiming they are discriminated against. A lot of non-black people are very tired of it. I'm also tired of hearing them say "ax" and "they be" "he be," etc. It's plain ignorance. You don't hear Obama or Colin Powell talking like that because they are not ignorant. Oh and PULL YOUR PANTS UP.

Rick

TO EVERYONE THAT IS SAYING THAT WHITES HAVE NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH, GET OVER YOURSELF! HOW MUCH FREEDOM OF SPEECH DO YOU THINK AFRICAN AMERICANS HAD WHEN THEY WERE BEING BEATEN BY THEIR SLAVE OWNERS? HOW MUCH FREEDOM OF SPEECH DID THEY HAVE WHEN THEY WERE BEING HANGED? HOW MUCH FREEDOM OF SPEECH DID THEY HAVE WHEN WATER CANNONS AND DOGS WERE USED TO DETER THEM FROM DOING SOMETHING THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD THE RIGHT TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE? HOW MUCH FREEDOM OF SPEECH DO THEY HAVE WHEN THEY'RE PULLED OVER AND HARASSED BY THE POLICE BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN?

Maui Girl

go to bed JackieIsright

Maui Girl

I mean Kaz

razzledazzle

Kudos to the pap for being VERY cool.

Holly

Rick, it sounds like you think it's okay for black people to abuse white people because in the past blacks were discriminated against. Well it isn't okay. I have never done anything racist to anyone, and I shouldn't have to tolerate being put down by blacks because they're ancestors were enslaved. Too bad. Lots of bad things have happened to large groups of people. Jews here murdered in the Holocaust by Germans, but you don't see them belittling Germans and calling them racists all over TV. It's just wrong. Women as a group are terribly abused all over the world at this very moment. A woman is raped every few minutes in America, for example, and yet women don't run around yelling sexism everywhere and demanding special treatment. You're argument is crazy.

Never was a fan of Maya

@ 57. I mean Kaz

Posted at 4:35AM on Mar 16th 2009 by haveyounoticed?

Why would I go to bed - it's the middle of the afternoon where I'm at.

Linda Mott

If you want to know what the word means ask Rabbi Mason. Andrew Dice Clay calls women a lot worse. I don't watch him. Many rappers call women a lot worse, I don't listen to them. We do have freedom of speach and I heard many people say hatefull things about our former President. I pesonally think you should respect him, but calling someone black is only a half truth.... he is half black and half white. He should be the symbol of unity, not division.
PS. Harvey Levin should be more upset than anyone. He's a lawyer and everyone makes jokes about them.

Vita

#52.........

Um...no. I can make a good assumption that NONE of the black people currently in jail were slaves in the United States. That stems from committing a crime. Thats how you go to jail...you do something wrong.

Vita

oh. and....

STFU about slavery already. Seriously. Black people need to come up with something a little more current if they want to throw excuses. I don't own slaves. My mom didn't. Hell....there's been like ten f***ing generations since slavery. I get it. It sucked. It was wrong. Do I agree with it? NO.

BUT I OWE YOU NOTHING. I owe you no more respect for the fact that your great(to the fiftieth power)grandfather got beat by a white dude, anymore than you owe me respect because when my Irish relatives were beaten and starved when they came off the boat...and many happened to be slaves too.

Fought for equality....WON....and that can't be enough....its gonna be poooooor me for f***ing ever. GET OVER IT YOU'RE NOT A SLAVE.