Jackie Mason -- How Dare You Say I'm Racist

3/16/2009 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Jackie Mason was pissed Sunday as he left a gig in New Jersey, in the wake of criticism that he was wrong to have called President Barack Obama a "schwartza."

play video
TMZ posted a story yesterday about Mason's performance Thursday at Feinstein's at the Loews Regency in NYC. He referred to the Prez as a "schwartza" -- the literal translation in Yiddish is "Black" -- but some say it's a disparaging reference to African Americans, akin to the "N" word.

Mason repeated his frustration -- he believes "White people have no freedom of speech." He also says there's a complete double standard -- that Chris Rock can trash whites without apology or criticism.

BigBlog

Where's Jimmy Carter when you need him?!? On a serious note.....I really can't figure out Jews. Why doesn't this guy stop blaming Obama and start talking about his fellow Jewish countrymen like Bernie Madoff? I guess it's easier to point your finger at the darkest person you can find *cough* the blacks or Arabs *cough*.

crazygirl

Luciana

81. I agree with him - there is nothing wrong with what he said. Obama is black! Black comedians can slam whites and jews and whoever else, but the minute a non-black says something - let the riots begin. We have African American heritage days, million man marches, even "minority" priveledge in certain employment divisions - what would happen if we had a white man march? The backlash would be the same as these silly comments. Get over it - we are what we are. Black, white, whatever - we are Americans. The slave and segregation days are long gone, the whites seemed to move on but the blacks never will (the ignorant ones that is). We dont have white Jesse Jacksons or Al Shaprtons, we have "rehab" and P.S.A.'s for the whites who dare to speak out. Sad world. The blacks want equality, but wont allow it.

Posted at 9:06AM on Mar 16th 2009 by crazygirl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget Black History Month, Nat'l Negro College Fund and the NAACP. If we had White History Month, Caucasian College Fund and the NAAWP we'd all find ourselves up to our ears in lawsuits and the cable news programs would never get Al NotsoSharpton & Jesse Jackass off the air. Every time those two even think there's a possibility to get free publicity regardless if the situation warrants their presence or not there they are, front and center. Much like Paris Hilton!!!

Baje

Mr Mason and his followers are trying to pull the wool over people's eyes. Whites have been racists for centuries and used supremacy as the basis for slavery. To this day a man or woman with a drop of black blood though born of a white parent cannot call him or herself white, he or she was referred to as black. White looking people who know they have black in their family history have to hide it. So Mr Maso is only deliduing people. Chris Rock with limited power as a black person making jokes is not the same as a white person with power referring to blacks as monkeys or jungle bunnies. Let's be honest, the state of mind and thinking behind the jokes is copletely different.

Lord Xenu

ANYONE who says anything negative (or is perceived to be) in public about The Messiah risks the wrath of the ObamaBORG lefties in Hollyweird. Jim Cramer who voted for Obama and said good things about him made the mistake of criticizing his policies on his show and the lefties turned on him immediately using Jon Stewart as the attack dog. Ok Cramer is a circus clown and a joke, its just that he wasnt attacked until he said something negative about The Messiah.

chris

RICK- I am Irish-Scottish and my ancestors were raped, killed, and enslaved by the English. I'm not bad mouthing or making people feel guilty for something that happened over 100 years ago! But Black Americans do! How long do you want White people that don't have anything to do with the slavery of your people-PAY? Noone that was involved with slavery then is alive today! It seems to me all the Blacks that can't get over it. Like playing victims! You all want to be Martyrs! Get over it! Believe me if your ancestors weren't slaves in this country they could or would have been in another tribe. You should be thanking God that you were a descendant of a slave! Or you wouldn't be here in this country today! Look what's offered in Africa? It's not better there. If it weren't through the many sacrifices that your ancestors had to make in the past. You would not have the FREEDOMS that you have today! You are one of the lucky ones! Count your Blessings!

PL

What most people who have cried racist (to which I can only guess are black), here have failed to think about is.... Jews have gone through something far more worse in this past century than blacks have gone through with slavery. Don't know what I am talking about??? Then read a book about World War Two.

If you had been a black in Germany during the late 1930's and early 40's.... you would have been worked to death far worse than in a cotton field, then marched to a concentration camp to a certain death!

If your unhappy about being a black in America.... then there's nothing stopping you going back to your ancestral homeland!

The Gay Nazi For Jesus

To all Gay Nazis For Jesus , it's time to come out of the closet.

greeneyedlass

Ok fine, perhaps his comment was on the racist vein, BUT he also has a point. It seems as though anyone else can say what they want, but white people can't. As far as I'm concerned, if those who are offended by statements like that don't want people talking that way...then stop making it acceptable for ANYONE to talk that way. I find racist statements offensive (I'm white), it offends me to hear someone use the word "N*gger" any time, but I find it equally offensive when I hear black people referring to each other as "N*gger" but getting up in arms when a white person does it. So, if people truly want this type of thing to stop...then stop doing it within your own groups as well.

Luciana

Mea ~ My direct ancestors are Irish (do you need a history lesson in how they were treated upon immigrating to the US?), Delaware and Cherokee (another history lesson required??). I don't refer to myself as Irish American or American Indian, I'm an AMERICAN PERIOD. Chris Rock has limited power? You're delusional. Chris Rock has more pull than all of us posting here combined as he has INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE, AN INTERNATIONAL AUDIENCE THAT HE COULD INFLUENCE IN THE PROPER WAY IF HE SO CHOSE. Rather than use his voice for good, ie: peace, he chooses to perpetuate the 'poor me, pity me because I grew up black so let's continue to slam the white man and blame generations of an undeserved sense of entitlement on them' as opposed to, 'Hey, I worked my butt off, made it big and now earn a good, honest living'. Hey Mea.....meet pot, pot, meet Mea.
Now please excuse me while I run to the grocery store to purchase items bought with the hard earned cash of myself and my spouse before I go to work on 3rd shift so I can help support my family with an honest living.

Fidel

I agree with him, Black comedians call white people all different kinds of names in their acts and thats OK but a white comedian calls black people by a name and he is a racist... thats one hell of a double standard. I think that some folks need to finally get rid of the victim mentality and learn how to take a joke.

kelli

I've come to the conclusion that the TMZ demographic is ignorant, white trash. You are all truly disgusting.

R.Zimmerman

Actually, it's "schwarter" not "schwartza". But Jackie's right anyway, so all of you hypocritical cry-babies STFU.

celebutaunter77

..black people smell like potato soup.

kenny darter

Barack has been the target of so much racism lately,it's ridiculous. There's so much on http://hateonme.com