Jackie Mason -- How Dare You Say I'm Racist

3/16/2009 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Jackie Mason was pissed Sunday as he left a gig in New Jersey, in the wake of criticism that he was wrong to have called President Barack Obama a "schwartza."

play video
TMZ posted a story yesterday about Mason's performance Thursday at Feinstein's at the Loews Regency in NYC. He referred to the Prez as a "schwartza" -- the literal translation in Yiddish is "Black" -- but some say it's a disparaging reference to African Americans, akin to the "N" word.

Mason repeated his frustration -- he believes "White people have no freedom of speech." He also says there's a complete double standard -- that Chris Rock can trash whites without apology or criticism.

Logan_LCS

# @ 93. What most people who have cried racist (to which I can only guess are black), here have failed to think about is.... Jews have gone through something far more worse in this past century than blacks have gone through with slavery. Don't know what I am talking about??? Then read a book about World War Two.

If you had been a black in Germany during the late 1930's and early 40's.... you would have been worked to death far worse than in a cotton field, then marched to a concentration camp to a certain death!

If your unhappy about being a black in America.... then there's nothing stopping you going back to your ancestral homeland!

Posted at 11:09AM on Mar 16th 2009 by PL
....................

If you ever read a book you would know that for hundreds of years starting in the early 1600's you would know that slavery as a whole was much worse than the Jewish Holocaust. Its just a fact. Hundreds of millions of Africans died on the ships and in the water alone. Not to mention those who died once they reached mainlaind, whether it be in the carribean islands, south america & north america. From disease, malnourishment, from exposure and overexertion. The statement you made clearly has come from an ignorant place and my solution would be for you to read up on this subject before you speak anymore on it.

I bet you would like me to go back to Africa huh?

Theo

I DONT KNOW IF JACKIE IS RIGHT, BUT HITLER WAS RIGHT

PL

Luciana

Being 1/2 Irish I'll gladly buy everyone on the board today a green beer tomorrow!
Speaking of the oppression of various white immigrants, please don't forget the inhumane manner the Cherokee were subjected to being marched along the Trail of Tears, over 4,000 of 15,000 died due to starvation, hypothermia and exhaustion. Many escaped slaves joined this forced march as spouses as well, so to say most white people don't have a drop of black blood in them is an uneducated statement. If anything this 'conflict' should reinforce the need for racial harmony and point out that we're all HUMAN above anything else.

Luciana

107. I've come to the conclusion that the TMZ demographic is ignorant, white trash. You are all truly disgusting.

Posted at 12:06PM on Mar 16th 2009 by kelli
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why 'white trash'? There are many others commenting here whose statements are just as derogatory and inflammatory, I'll dare to say you just spewed a racist comment.

steven stroup

Anybody who is a celebrity or in the news are going to be targets for comics and (hee, hee) news (activist) groups. Its called free speech. Try to understand that comics are making fun of them, and don't expect you to to take them serious. Some news groups, or activist want you to take them serious. The next time your in a store look at a can of KIWI Black shoe polish on the side it also says swartz, noir, German and French for Black. Is Black racial now that the President is Black.

Logan_LCS

@ # 111. It wouldn't make any difference to me Logan.... I am not an American... LOL!!! So I really don't care about all of your problems. Flame away, but this is what the rest of the world sees of you.

Posted at 12:07PM on Mar 16th 2009 by PL

If you don't care why comment at all?

San Francisco

He's right.
When "Kramer" got called out for using the N word in his comedy rant, no one noticed someone in the audience called K a "CRACKER" ???
Why is CRACKER not racist. too?
Equal rights for everyone.

Steph

Logan....quit getting your statistics off Bet news!! You're way off if you want to talk real percentages! And your comments clearly show that you have no concept of personal responsiblity....look it up! I bet you're a card carrying member of the ACLU too, huh?

Steph

Luciana....I completely agree! Kelli...shame on you!

sublime

I don't understand why everyone has been so sensitive lately about what is only said in jest. Since Mr. Obama became president, he's been untouchable as far as negative comments are concerned. Seriously people, why can't anyone speak their minds? Is he so holy that he is above all criticism and name calling??? when Bush was president, no one held back their opinions and they have called him everything from a redneck to much worse. President Obama is black, so Mason called him "black" in yiddish, OMG...let's get the torches and pitchforks and go beat him to death!!!! It's just ridiculous that there is so much scrutiny on whites for their jokes. It's so obvious that there is way too much over-sensitivity from the black community. It's a joke, let's get a grip!!! I bet most of us have heard much much much worse names for black people, so what is so bad about SCHWARTZA??? I mean, it can't be that bad because most people would have known or heard about that word by now. I think the only discrimination going on here lately is the utter lack of regard for white people's freedom of speech. You go Jackie, keep doing what you are doing...and SPEAK YOUR MIND!!!!

Never was a fan of Maya

@ 111. It wouldn't make any difference to me Logan.... I am not an American... LOL!!! So I really don't care about all of your problems. Flame away, but this is what the rest of the world sees of you.
Posted at 12:07PM on Mar 16th 2009 by PL

Brilliant post PL!

Steph

The term "cracker" is acually a racist term...it basically means white trash and God doesn't make trash!

Steph

PL....too funny!! "Flame away"..I love that!!

xcalibur

THEY ALL HYPOCRITES!!!! BLACKS KEEP USING SLAVERY TO TIE THE WHITE MAN DOWN INSTEAD BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS. NO ONE IS CLEAN BUT STOP USING WHAT HAPPENED 200YRS AGO AS A PRESENT DAY EXCUSE!! HEAR, HEAR..