Family: Natasha Richardson Is Dead

3/18/2009 8:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Natasha Richardson Liam Neeson and his family have just released the following statement about the passing of Natasha Richardson:

"Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

FEED THE GIRL!

TMZ is not the "last to report this" - People still doesn't have it on their website at this moment. Also, even if she had been sent to the hospital immediately after the accident occured, it's likely the end result would have been the same. Head injuries are not often treatable. Very sad story.

Marie

I AM JUST SO DEVASTED TO HEAR THIS TERRIBLE NEWS!! SHE WAS A BEAUTIFUL PERSON INSIDE AND OUT!
TO DIE THIS YOUNG AND ALSO HAVING TWO YOUNG BOYS AND A HUSBAND, CANT IMAGINE WHATTHEY ARE GOING THROUGH!! THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL CONTINUE TO BE IN MY PRAYERS! GOD BLESS! RIP BEAUTIFUL NATASHA, YOU WILL BE MISSED VERY MUCH!

hmmmm

May you soar with the angels and smile down upon your family...

Janet Thompson Deaver

My prayers are with Liam Neeson, his and Natasha's son's, her mother, Vanessa Redgrave and all others who loved her. She's healthy again with God. I loved her as an actress and knew Liam and her marriage was one of a kind. Those are few and far between. God be with you all! ~ Janet

Shevaun

I rarely ever post anything like this on a site when something like this happens, but Natasha Richardson was a beautiful woman with a great talent. I'm sad that her dear sons and husband will no longer have her as a part of their lives. I had hoped that the reports of her head injury had been overstated and that the reports would improve as time went on. It seems so tragic that something so insignificant that we've all done before, falling down, could take a life so quickly!

Bonnie

My thoughts and prayers are with natasha and all her family and friends. May she suffer less now and may you watch over all her family and friends and ones that loved her dearly that they get through this terriable time.

Patti

i am so sorry. This is heart breaking! Condolences to the family.

April

Thoughts and prayers to beautiful Natasha's, husband, sons, mother and sister, aunt and loved ones....Gone to soon this lovely lady you shared with us. We share your grief so that some day you will be able to come to peace with the sudden loss of your beloved. May God rest her soul.

ALL DOGS CAN BITE

Booby,

I think it will be either Natasha's mother due to this loss or Hugh Hefner because of his "loss." What do I win?

mklaw.commdewakaton

This is such a terrible loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and close friends during this difficult time.
I hope TMZ and other media give the family space and time to heal.

sheesh

So horrible, so sad.

justsharon

my gosh how awful,i send my prayers to her whole family,she was a beautiful lady ,i hope the media lets her family have the time they need without making a frenzy around them,she was a classy person,and my heart goes out to liam and her boys,mrs redgrave and the rest of her family

Kemi at Impaired Stars Canada

I heard this at 2pm today in a Canadian newsroom and that the statement would be released later on but It ended my day right there. HORRIBLE TRAGEDY!!! To think that I posted it on my Facebook status hours ago as R.I.P and nobody cared hurt even more. Now everyone is bombarding me with comments and I told em "Go to TMZ" I am meditating and praying for this sweet lady I met during the premiere of the Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan. Here in Canada, we have stiff fines for motorcycle helmets and kids helmet on summer bikes. Do we need helmets on ski slopes now Prime Minister Harper?

april

My god - I can barely it! Life can be taken from us so quickly.

My heartfelt condolences to Liam and their children...

Amazed

My condolences to the entire family........
RIP Natasha