Cops, Drunk Chicks ...and Taylor Hicks?!

3/19/2009 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Craziness exploded in Hollywood last night -- and it all went down mere inches from our cameraman ... and some guy named Taylor Hicks.

Taylor Hicks: Click to watch
The drama started after Taylor's show at the Roxy -- which the "American Idol" WINNER(?) performed in front of an audience of people who got their tickets for free because nobody would pay actual money for them.

The cops came, the cops helped a drunk chick, and then the cops got back in their car, flipped on the sirens and chased after something else. It was super intense, but we only caught bits of it ... because, for some completely unknown reason, our guy thought keeping the camera on Taylor Hicks would provide better material.

Even Taylor Hicks knew Taylor Hicks couldn't compete with that.

shell

Again TMZ has shown us what low class is all about. I am a Taylor Hicks fan. I watched him on AI and have gone to a few shows. He has never dissapointed his fans...EVER! TMZ must stand for "Too Many Zero's" meaning that's all that they have working for them...alot of nobody's. They have the lowlifes, the dreds of society, and the the job throw aways who will do anything to create a story just to earn a buck. By creating, I mean making up stuff just to get a story out there.
They decided to "stalk" Taylor cuz their "story" on his tickets didn't pan out to be true, so they figured they would see if they could ambush him. I wouldn't be surprised if they got the woman drunk only to use it to embarass Taylor.
When will you people realize that this kind of stuff doesn't work?? My advice to Taylor naysayers...If you don't like the guy..then don't watch or listen to him...won't bother any of us fans! My advice to TMZ trolls: Give it up and find some other celeb to bother...LA has tons of them!

2022 days ago

rtay

WOW!!! I love the video...wish you all would have started it somewhere more appealing for this beautiful man. I loved the Concert, as all the concerts I have attended for him. I met only 1 person who got the free ticket, and it wasn't really free, he still had to pay somethng for it....so UP YOURS TMZ!!!
Taylor is a strong performer, and has a strong fanbase...he will always have us! We love his music....and because he gives us that music , we love him!
Get a life all you Haters!!!

2022 days ago

maryqtpi

Too funny!! I have watched it a few times now cause he is so damn clever. How real was he, could be more right.
AND DAMNNNNNN, HE IS HOT!

I would go see him over and over. He needs to come to the east coast.

2021 days ago

Kathy

If you really want to see Taylor Hicks, go to the legit websites Getty Images and WireImage. You will not only see pics of his Roxy performance but all of the other things he has been doing since he is passing through L.A. with Grease. His time has been spent doing radio interviews, charity gigs, Grease and the Roxy gig. He has his own label, he has great musicians around him, and he has never stopped working since he won. Just in the past month. besides his Grease performances in different cities, 8 days a week , he has had to fly to Fla and NY for tapings and appearances. I really am ashamed of how TMZ has marred his time spent in L.A.
TMZ is a trash site that treats every celebrity badly. Just look at their front page. The young kids that work for it should be ashamed of themselves for doing what they do. The owner couldn't make it in show biz so chose to diss others to make himself feel big obviously.
The Strip has always been sleazy. Its still sleazy, and always will be. Hollywood is an illusion, American Idol is an illusion and as much as I hate to see Taylor move on, I hope he stays as far away as he can. And for #14, you should write about what you know, and you know little about the workings of artists being on the road and all that entails in keeping schedules and managing appearances. Anyone can say what they want in the anonymity of the internet.

2021 days ago

UnderMySkinner

A hundred bucks says that was one of the "fans" from one of the boards that I use to frequent. There are a lot of us out there who liked him for his music, grew tired of more of the same and wised up after the nasty streak came out. Still there are some who hang on out of devotion yet are wise and see it for what it is. Then there's the rest, those who like the ones posting here have nothing better to do with their lives than to sing his praises despite the turth staring them in the face. Any why come here in the first place? It's not like I go to their boards and bash him. Makes no sense at all.

On a side note, he can still charm someone when he needs to in order to come across as the good or misunderstood guy. That charm might still be working for now, but soon enough the lenses will fade away completely and he'll be nothing but a thing of the past. Something I've been saying for years and have always been called names for as well as been put down and called a non fan for speaking the truth.

2021 days ago

UnderMySkinner

"Also, free tickets are handed out at many different artist's concerts ALL the time."

Not the ones I go to.

"Every concert, no matter what the capacity of the crowd, have people smiling, singing, dancing, and hearts filled with joy watching and listening to his soulful renditions of ANYTHING he sings."

It's good you said people and didn't make a broad claim, the shows I attended didn't have everyone smiling, leaving with a spring in their step and satified.

"He has never dissapointed his fans"

This statement is very untrue.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they got the woman drunk only to use it to embarass Taylor."

No need for that, he's done a well enough job on his own.

"I met only 1 person who got the free ticket, and it wasn't really free, he still had to pay somethng for it....so UP YOURS TMZ!!!"

And TMZ stated in their original story that there was a small charge just not a ticket charge, I believe the charge covered tax and processing but I'm too busy to backtrack and look it up right now. But feel free, it's there. Perhaps you should pull your head out of whatever you have it up and check your facts before you go making sweeping assumptions.

2021 days ago

UnderMySkinner

"For those of you dissing him, why? Do you feel good about yourselves? They say that when people put other people down, it is because they have some really ugly baggage they are trying to pass on to some one else..sad for you!"

Yet you're doing it in regards to them, feel good about yourself?

2021 days ago

Jenn

I saw him in Grease today, and honestly, I'm embarrassed FOR him! Prior to today, I had no opinion of him either way. However. after witnessing the decauchery of Beauty School Dropout, and the ridiculousness of him singing a song from his album after the show, I have to admit that he seems like a schmuck.

The fact is, the other actors are much more talented, but this loser steals the spotlight. It's sad and unfair.

2020 days ago

SHL

I have watched the Grease clips and I just don't feel his part. IMO JENN#46 is right. Hicks is not a stage performer. I do not feel he is in the same par of the professional braodway level singers and dancers that are in Grease. Don't get me wrong, I think Hicks is great at what he does during his own concerts or in that type of setting. It suits his style, Agian JMO Hicks throws off the flow of the play. And who's horrible idea was it to put in that ear wretching harmonica playing in there. For Christ sake he doesn't even play on key.

If you want to see Hicks at his finest go to a concert not Grease!

2018 days ago

SHL

Who is the drunk chick? Did She go to the concert or is it a homeless person?

2010 days ago