« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Special Olympics Champ to Barack: Bring it On!

3/20/2009 10:57 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A bowling phenom in the Special Olympics has just challenged Prez Barack Obama to a White House roll-off ... and he'll probably kick Barack's butt.

Barack Obama

Kolan McConiughey, a Special Olympics competitor who has bowled three perfect 300 games, tells TMZ that the Prez has to score a lot higher than 129 to beat him. Kolan says he bowls an average of 266.

Play VideoKolan -- who works at a grocery store in Ann Arbor, Mich. -- said he'd love to go to the White House to beat Barack on his own lane. Kolan said, "He's cool, but he can't beat me."

We posed the challenge to the White House. They said "no comment."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Atlanta Private Investigator

Good for them!

TriniIslandBeauty

LOL...IT's on!!!!!! ;)

Str8UpNilka

Good for him. Stand up against the president. All these people saying "it is a joke" or "lighten up, prezident B didn't mean any harm" well eff yall. Tell it to this dude.

GypsyLaura

Bowling is a stupid game anyways.

jons an idiot

As a former special ed teacher and aunt to a child with special needs, the Special Olympics is no laughing matter -- you should have seen my hubby light up some young USAF troops for not taking their volunteer work for the Special Olympics seriously! Those kids work hard and are better athletes than a huge percentage of the US (me included!!).

President Obama's joke could have been a lot worse, but HUGE kudos to Kolan for speaking up... I think it would be most fitting for the pres to have Kolan (and teammates/coaches) over to his own lanes as sign of good humor/faith. I will be disappointed if he doesn't. If any president can pull this PR hiccup off with smoothness and charm, it will be President Obama.

Michael Madsen

Obama will announce this match within the next 24 hours. hey... he's got time to bowl... he's the President.
I approve this message.

hop on top

No one bowls an average of 266.

Party 'till you die!

Dude reminds me of Suge Knight, except that he's probably a lot smarter than Suge!

Habibus

His average is 266!? He must be the best bowler ever! He would clean up in the PBA, where the highest bowling average is 224. http://www.pba.com/stats/ytdstats.asp?Stype=Average&Tour=1
Maybe he is Amish and bowls 15 frames.

Hateful

What a retard! I could beat him with my eyes closed, special people annoy me.

La Mom

You GO Kolan!

This I would LOVE to see, PAY GOOD MONEY for, and raise awareness for the developmentally disabled. If I were the Special Olympics board, I'd tun this lemon into lemonade in a heartbeat - jump on this story while it's still fresh and challenge Obama in an extraordinary fund raiser. C'mooooon Special O! What are you waiting for?!?

Kathleen

Team Kolan all the way! Obama sucks.

baby

OBAMA HATES WHITE PEOPLE!

MommyWhatsADoucheBag?

Jesus H Christ, TMZ! You guys are friggin pathetic. Lets keep post stupid stories like this and see if we can't make a mountain out of a mole hill. Thats the problem with america today, all these whiney people with all these so-called 'feelings' that are constantly offended. Toughen up, you bunch of panty wastes!! it's like like he tried to to an impression of a tard or anything!

mal, MNN

ummm, that's the point, our President says he's NOT a good bowler, and group himself with Special Ed kids. why would Kolan want to take advantage of the President, knowing that the Prez is not a good bowler... enough already..
should the Prez counter-challange with basketball??

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments