M.I.A's

Real (Crazy) Baby Name

3/23/2009 3:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We got our hands on singer M.I.A's new baby's birth certificate and, as she disputed on her blog, the baby's name is not Ickitt. That's just ridiculous, who in their right mind would name their baby that? The real name happens to be Ikhyd.

M.I.A.According to the document, Mathangi Maya Arulpragasam officially named her son Ikhyd Edgar Arular Bronfman, common spelling.

Another interesting fact -- baby faced M.I.A's birth date is listed as 7/18/75 which makes her real age 33.

Sarafina

I have a question. WHO GIVES A $HIT?

3K

I agree with # 18. Hope her 15 minutes are up soon!

Marissa

Maybe it is pronounced like " I keed".... like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog's "I keed, I keed"....

Karen Ann

There should be a law naming kids weird names. How selfish of the parents to do that. What about the poor kids when they start school? The are probably going to be laughed at and made fun of. Kids have it hard enough without their parents being selfish and making it harder on them.

Keirran

The child's first name does not make much of a difference when his last name is Bronfman. I doubt that the offspring of billionaires will be scarred for life by a name that seems unusual to the average American.

Wow

That child will be called "Icky" by his classmates. Traditional names are generally better than the weird ones celebrities think and think about before inflicting them on their children.

Spandex never looked better

Those who criticize this child's name are showing their ignorance. There is a huge world out there and millions of names that might sound odd to the average American. Wake up people and travel outside your little box called USA!!

Kate

I'm guessing there is some sort of backstory to his first name, given her families decent. I'd bet he'll probably be called Edgar.

Brittany W.

Wow. Well I guess her blog is just inspiration to all the illiterate idiots out there. Turns out you don't have to know how to spell to be famous!

Thanks for the age comment TMZ; after reading her blog I was under the impression that she was 14.

steelers6

why she came to america to have this paki baby,i so sick of these nasty pakis and indians and their filthy ass restaurants in america, they have crazy looking terrorist eyes and they dont bathe, she is ugly and manly looking

Benjamin

Re #29: That's the most disgusting, racist comment I've seen in a long while. You are an idiot.

Kayan Phoenix

Anyone know who this is .. i have no clue .. help LOL

eli

Sounds like - A KID

Mahogany23

TMZ staff are ridiculous! They spend 8 -12 hours a day digging up nonsense and dirt on ordinary people. Pathetic! Go find a real job and stop trying to destroy other peoples' lives. Karma is a ****ch and it sure to bite you in the butt! I don't know why I'm on this site....I'm out of here.

toeknee

I love the way she told the press "My baby name is not Ickitt. Who in their right mind would name their child Ickitt? For God's sakes, Why don't you go pick an apple or some moon unit , whatever..."

And then she does this behind our backs. How shocking! I am at a loss for words, not that I have much in my vocabulary, anywho, but this is quite an insanity. How am I gonna get some sleep tonight thinking that that kid is going to be trashed by his future classmates. I know children could be very difficult that was why I used to bully them odd named kids. nyah-ah-ah! Bwaaaahhahahahaha.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments