Prince Indian Gives Guitar to TMZ Staffer

3/27/2009 12:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hey everybody, Daniel from TMZ here. So last night Prince gave me his guitar ... and then some guy took it back.

Play video
I was lucky enough to sit front row during a taping of "The Tonight Show." I was there for one reason, and one reason only -- to see Prince. After suffering through Paul Giamatti and Emma Roberts, Prince came on and performed "Dreamer."

As the song was winding down, Prince took off his guitar and walked out into the crowd -- I had no idea what he was doing. He walked right up to me and just simply handed me his guitar and walked away. I stood there stunned for about 20 seconds while my friend Trent went nuts. We both kinda strummed the guitar before I turned around and held it up to the crowd triumphantly.

After another 30 seconds or so, someone came around and retrieved the guitar. Now, I was all excited about this whole thing -- calling and texting everyone I can think of. But when I came to work today, everyone said the same thing -- PRINCE OWES YOU A GUITAR. I believe Harvey's quote was, "You're a schmuck for giving it back."

So here's the question, does Prince owe me a guitar?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Teenage Toto

First suckas!!!!!!!!

Cassiopeiae

First?

omg!

someone gives you something that you really want, you hold onto that sucker for dear life

Cassiopeiae

too Slow #3, too slow

Ahmad

Prince doesnt owe you anything. why did you give it to the man in the suit? he owes you a guitar.
Prince did you good so id think it a slap in the face to go around saying he "owes" you anything.

Jimmy

Prince is such a loser. He didn't even stick around to shake Leno's hand.

Bex

You are a weirdo for liking Prince more than Paul Giamatti...you deserve to have that guitar taken back!

northern gypsy

ummm...ya...that's messed up...i'm not gettin it...
if he didn't want you to keep it...he should have asked you to return it...and carried on with his gig...
otherwise...what was the whole purpose of him giving you his guitar ???

mamajj

How do you know the that took it from you worked for
Prince. If he does work for him then it's BULL SH*T.
You don't do that at a show. It's like drum sticks
they get thrown into the crowd you get to keep them.

The Dude

No dude, prince gave you a guitar, it's the freak you let take it away is who owes you a guitar. When it is all just sorted out, it probably will be some poser that took your guitar home and he was not probably even prince's staff.

teri

Yes, you are kinda owed a guitar, poor guy! Now about that Lost diary you owe us.... :)

DANCEorDIE

OH MY GOSH, I KNEW IT!!!...

Last night when I was watching this I was like, omg Prince is giving that dude his guitar! Then as the camera zoomed in I kinda just thought to myself hey, that dude looks like the dude on TMZ...

Seriously, I saw the dude walk in front of the camera with the guitar before the show ended, and I was like, that's totally LAME. lol. That's pretty awesome you got to hold it though... :D

Drew_Ill

All I know is Daniel owes us a Lost Diary...OWES US I SAY!!!!! : )

JLynne

You might be owed a guitar but WE are owed a LOST RECAP!!! :-)

Awesome you were so close to one of your idols!

Horhay

In these hard economic times Prince can't afford to just give his guitar away. Quit Whinning

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments