Ex Beauty Queen

Busted for Intoxicating Qualities

4/3/2009 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Raelene AguilarThe chick responsible for one of the hottest mugshots we've seen in a while is Miss New Mexico USA 2008 -- taken right after she was popped for driving drunk in Texas yesterday.

Raelene Aguilar was arrested at 3:48 AM by El Paso PD after they originally pulled her over for speeding. They gave her a a field sobriety test, which she failed. She was eventually booked into county jail at 6:00 AM and went before a judge a few hours later. Aguilar was eventually bonded out for $600.

TMZ spoke with the president of the Miss Universe Organization Paula Shugart, a bigwig at Miss USA, who says, "She has our deepest sympathies and we're hoping she can make it through this difficult time. She's a good person."

Aguilar's reign as Miss New Mexico USA came to a close at the end of 2008.

UPDATE -- Aguilar's attorney tells TMZ, "Ms. Aguilar does regret the incident, although she denies all allegations ... My client denies that she was speeding and denies failing any field sobriety test, as she did not submit to any such test. Finally, Raelene can state with confidence that she has the unwaivering support of the Miss New Mexico USA Organization."

Abby

I think she's on her way to being famous! Obviously she's read "Red Carpet Suicide"!

1998 days ago

mmamomma

My mugshot was better...LOL

1998 days ago

jfp

The madcow that responded to me must not understand english. The facts are that it is not illegal to drink and drive. Another fact is that groups like MADD want to impose their Big Brother control over everyone and tear up the Constitution. It is a fact that these Police State Tactics are a scam meant to increase the purse of the police in the same way traffic tickets are. Like I said, its not against the law to drink and drive but there is a difference between "drunk" and "drinking".

1998 days ago

anonimo

she looks wack often, and drives WAAAAAY drunk all the time. it was just a matter of time before she got caught. she seriously parties like 4 nights a week.

1998 days ago

Liz

If you have ever had someone you loved killed by a drunk driver you would not be giving your little speech on how 2 or 3 beers are ok to drive.... Granted the police are really cracking down on dui, but that is a good thing. If she was under control yeah they could have gotten her a cab, but if she failed the onsite test i dont care who she is she should be held accountable. They do not reg the machine the onsite test are accurate. And even 2 or 3 beers can alter your judgement.

1998 days ago

malibu_chick

Not surprised at all - especially because she's from New Mexico. So many drunk drivers all over this state, and no one gives a sh*t about it. What a loser she is - nice weave, by the way. Get a stylist you chola.

1998 days ago

firas

breaking the law is breaking the law even if she wasn’t impaired, which I think not since well she’s a hot chick :), any1 can argue about this but I wouldn’t cuz that’s people LIVES we’re talking about, I mean common … should we print on each ones driving license the number of drinks he’s allowed for before call him too drunk for driving?!

1998 days ago

LH

This is no beauty queen material. She looks like any average hispanic to me. I heard her winning back in 2008 was rigged to reflect on furthering Governor Bill Richardson's political aspirations. That almost worked when Obama chose him for an important position. Just in time Bill's sneakiness caught up with him. This girl needs to grow the hell up and her face looks sneaky, too.

1997 days ago

LH

1997 days ago

bringthatbeatback

I'm a bartender at the bar Raelene was hanging out at. I wasn't on the clock, however, and in fact I bought her a shot that night, and can say definitively that she did not seem impaired, She is always pretty responsible and has any number of friends who are willing to help her out if she thinks she's had too many. The bartender who did serve her also attests that she spent at least the last hour of the night drinking water and seemed fine when she left.
El Paso has seen an upsurge in DWI's in the recent year, mainly due to the state turning up the heat on offenders. I myself was arrested last year for driving "impaired," and have yet to hear much back from the court's because the D.A's office is having trouble prosecuting the shear number of infractions that have very little evidence (i "failed" a field sobriety test by taking one extra step in the freezing cold, and the video shows me being ultra-cooperative... then out of nervousness I signed a waiver that declared my refusal to breathalyze, which at the time i didn't know texas law had changed and this meant A) i would go straight to jail, and B) would be subject to a lot of automatic punishments regardless of whether i am found guilty or not). A year later, I can surely see why people are offered "deep sympathies" in these cases. Sometimes the cops are just looking for something to do in this city, it seems. And accident-less DWI's are an easy slam-dunk for the night. Let the DA's, Judges, and juries be the final say on these incidents, and leave this poor (and may I add, sweet) girl alone.

1997 days ago

leave her alone

this girl is by far one of the sweetest people i have ever met and just because ofher hardwork in winning her title of MIss New MExico she is being over critized and not being judged fairly. I can guarantee that she is a way betterperson than all of you people writing those horrible comments about her. She makes mistakes shes human and she didnt do anything that everyone else hasnt done. Every one drinks and drives at one point and whther or not they get caught is another story, just let this poor girl live her life and stop acting as if shes some criminal shes not!

1997 days ago

pursuitdriver

Well If the Elpaso Police have done there job correctly, All the events leading to her arrest should have been captured on video, from the police vehicle dash camera and in the station.
She said she never took the field test.
We will see.
Assumtion of innocence is still the american way, until proven otherwise in a court of law.

Pursuitdriver

1996 days ago

rrg

SHE'S GOT GIANT EARS!

1996 days ago

Earthman

I was at the night club watching her dance. I didn't know she was famous. She was not drunk at 1am. She is one of the most attractive women I have ever seen. I didn's see her drinking. I bet the cops just wanted to handle her a little. If you dance like she was dancing you are going to stumble a bit in the early morning hours.

1995 days ago

Amy Clay

This is my "cousin in law" and she never received a field sobriety test, nor did they make her blow nor did they take her blood. So they dont even know how much she had to drink, TMZ likes to elborate on NOTHING!!!

1995 days ago