« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cop: Driver of Van in Adenhart Crash Drank

4/9/2009 3:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nick AdenhartDuring the Nick Adenhart press conference, a Fullerton PD spokesman said the man who caused the accident that killed Nick and two others was under the influence of alcohol at the time.

The spokesman also said he believes the man, 22-year-old Andrew Gallo, was also driving on a suspended license because of a prior DUI. The cop said Gallo will probably be booked on felony hit-and-run, felony DUI, vehicular manslaughter and possibly murder.

Also -- the Angels game tonight has been canceled.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rex

Gee, another drunken Hispanic committing a hit and run in SoCal --so what's new? I bet this guy wasn't legal, didn't have a job, was living off public assistance and food stamps, and was a drug dealer. True and not PC or racial profiling? Let's have a poll about that. I bet the media won't ask any non-PC questions about this killer Gallo.

1939 days ago

rminva

I completely agree with an early post that this was not an "accident:" the guy was drunk and driving on a suspended license. He should not have been behind the wheel at all. I hope they throw the book at him.

1939 days ago

levelle

This is a sad day all around. My prayers go out to all the families. My grandmother use to always say their is nothing but trouble out there after 1200am. Take care.

1939 days ago

ya right

Carol,
Nice bit of info you posted....I had no idea that El Salvador was that tough!!! I have to agree with you that harsher punishments are the way to go.
I am from California, but was recently in New Mexico on business. They seem a little stricter there with DUI offenders. There are cops just waiting outside bars and clubs and following cars which was great to see because it made me feel a whole lot safer. Albuquerque even has a ride share program where taxi service is free during the evening if you need a ride from a bar or club, so there is NO excuse for drunk driving.
I hope California starts toughening up its laws.

1939 days ago

GatorGirl4Life

Even the D.U.I. in -car devices do not work. I know a dumb #*tch that laughs about having to pull over at every convienent store to get someone to blow into her breathalyzer thing. She thinks its funny that it takes her 30 minutes to drive 5 miles to her house. People never take anything too seriously until it's too late!

1939 days ago

Mrs Joe Jackson

I hate drunk divers. They are a-Holes.

1939 days ago

Michelle in AZ

My condolences go out to the families and friends of those that were tragically killed, I truly think that most people do not have respect for human life, DRIVING IS A PRIVILEGE.... people need to be responsible and take some time to think about their actions before moving forward. I am extremely upset by this event, by the mva that occurred a few weeks back with two ASU students in CA, and many other mva that often occur.....this man that took the lives of these three people probably has a longer record of abuse then is actually recorded. His disrespectful action put a series of events in motion, and he has not only killed three innocent people, but he has also taken THREE LIVES FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILIES, AND he might say his life is over, but this man did it to himself. HE NEEDS TO PAY FOR HIS CRIME IN JAIL AND WHILE IN JAIL HE NEEDS TO GO THROUGH DETOX!!!!!

1939 days ago

Michelle in AZ

TO THOSE ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT THE WRECK, THIS IS QUITE INAPPROPRIATE, I AM NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE, IT IS TRUE SEAT BELTS IN MOST CASES SAVE LIVES, i CAN NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE PHOTOGRAPHS SHOWING THE ACCIDENT, BUT REGARDLESS WHETHER THE JAWS OF LIFE WERE USED OR NOT, WOULD NOT BE DETERMINED IF SEAT BELTS WERE WORN OR NOT, BUT AN ECLIPSE AGAINST A VAN, THE VERDICT IS THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE A CHANCE. i AM NOT A FORENSIC EXPERT NOR AM I TRYING TO BE, I THINK THE FOCUS SHOULD BE ON THE FAMILIES AND FRIENDS OF THESE INNOCENT PEOPLE....WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS BEING READ OR NOT READ, BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT IF I WERE A FAMILY MEMBER READING SOME OF THESE POSTS, I WOULD BE QUITE UPSET....

1939 days ago

thai le

Put in jail anyone caught driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs for the first time for at least one year, feed him with just plain bread or rice and water, make him do community services like cleaning public restrooms or picking trashes littered near our freeways after releasing him from jail, and suspend his driving privilege for one year.

1938 days ago

carol

There should not be a second chance for drunk drivers. Put them in prison the first go round. Everybody knows they will drink and drive again license or not.

1938 days ago

mitch

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OF THE FAMILIES THAT LOST THERE LOVED ONES.

YOU HAVE TO FEEL BAD FOR EVEN THE GUY WHO DROVE DRUNK AND KILLED 3 NICE PEOPLE.

PRAY FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY , AS THEY ARE HURTING ALSO.

BUT MOST IMPORTANLY PRAY FOR THE SEVERELY WOUNDED MAN,HIS FAMILY, THE DECESSED AND THERE FAMILIES

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3