Miss Cali Claims She Was 'Biblically Correct'

4/21/2009 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sure, she alienated the gay and lesbian audience and probably lost the crown by saying "Marriage should only be between a man and a woman," but Miss USA loser Carrie Prejean has no regrets.

Carrie Prejean: Click to watch
Matt Lauer gave Carrie a second chance to answer the controversial question this morning on "Today." Her answer: "The way that I answered might have been offensive ... but for me, it was being biblically correct."

Marina326

I kinda feel bad for the winner of Miss USA. All this crapola has over-shadowed her actual win. Miss California is getting FAR more press then she EVER would have if she had won. And, unfortunately, Perez Hilton is getting WAY more press then he ever deserved.

shannon

"As a gay person I am completely appalled at the way this woman is being treated. The way the gay community, more specifically Perez Hilton, is treating her, is setting us BACK. This is the kind of behavior the public finds revolting. This woman was asked a question, and she gave her honest opinion. It's that simple. I 100% respect her for that. Right now, I am embarrassed that we have Perez speaking for us. Will an honest, intelligent gay person in the spotlight please step up? PLEASE! This is nothing but damaging for us.

Posted at 9:21AM on Apr 21st 2009 by werjmos"

Once again, I am so happy to see this post ^

allen antrim

I will be glad when the communist chinese eat this country

TEXASGAL

Yes she did good standing up for what she believes BUT she should of answered the question further with what she believes but still stating there was a time when miscegenation was a law and interracial marriage was not allowed the states were allowed to take it to a vote. So no matter what she believes she could of stated that she loves America because each state allows its voter's to make the decision and not leaving it up to one person to choose whats right or wrong.
the answer needed more, she didnt give it thats why she did not win.

uhHuh

WHY IS THERE A GAYLORD JUDGING WOMEN FOR MISS USA? AND HOW UNPROFESSIONAL TO BLOG THE NEXT DAY THAT 'SHE LOST THE CROWN BECCUZ SHE IS A STUPID BITCH" ....WHO'S THE STUPID BITCH PEREZ?YOU ARE. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH HER ANSWER-ITS HONEST. OBAMA SAID THE SAME THING AND NOT ONE BACKLASH. SHE CHOSE THE WORDS CORRECTLY WITHOUT CASTING JUDGEMENT, JUST HER PERSONAL OPINON AS ASKED.

I WAS REALLY HOPING THAT OOOMPA LOOOMPA WAS YOU PEREZ!!!
YOU'RE PART OF A PROBLEM, NOT A SOLUTION AND SHOULD NEVER BE INVITED TO JUDGE ANYTHING BUT BUTT FUDGE. AND WTF IS DONALD TRUMP THINKIN EVEN PUTTING YOU IN THERE? LIKE YOU WOULD KNOW ANYTHING.

janice

Ms. California is Biblically correct. And morally correct.

Dan

why is it these Bible Thumpers only care about "Biblically Correct" when it comes to homosexuality or same sex marriage?
Adultery, unwed teenage births, divorce, eating shell fish, women teaching, interracial marriage, nothing else seems to ever have to be "Biblically Correct". I'm sure Beauty Pageants are Pontiff approved right?
So hypocritical!

Krista

Good for you! I admire you for standing up for what you believe in and not giving the politically correct answer that you were maybe expected to give. You have many supporters behind you!

ACLU member

Miss California is not just beautiful but also very brave! She is more man than that butt loving girlie man Perez Hilton who does not know anything about freedom of speech! I think the ACLU should suit Perez Hilton for violating Miss California's First Amendment rights!

TEXASGAL

"same sex or opposit marriage, in my country, in my family" its not her "thoughts" that lost her the title is just shes not elliquent in her speach thats part of the contest.

offtheproperty

marriage -- the word -- means 1 man & 1 woman. she is right, God bless her.

John Edwards

She has a right to her opinion, period. Perez Hilton is a big stupid queer!

cathi

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! WHAT IDIOT ASKS PEREZ HILTON TO EVEN BE A JUDGE ON THIS SHOW? HAVE THEY SEEN HIM??!!!!! AND THEN THEY STACK THE DECK BY HAVING HIM ASK THE QUESTION ABOUT GAY MARRIAGE!! STUPID!! SHE DID ANSWER THE QUESTION AND SHE ANSWERED IT CORRECTLY. THIS PROVES THE WHOLE SHOW WAS FRAUDULENT JUST BECAUSE OF ONE JACK#SS!

Kat

Miss California shouldn't need to defend herself. Perez shouldn't have asked the question if he couldn't handle the answer. Him going berserk afterwards on his blog was completely unprofessional. Why was he a judge anyway? I disagree with her answer but she was honest and at least she did her best to actually try and answer the question.

JT

Perez Hilton needs to crawl under a rock. Why does this jerk get airtime. A question was asked and she answered. I don't always like the answers they give, but it's an opinion. She's entitled to hers as much as I am entitled to mine and you are to yours.

I think someone needs to shut this nut up. Somebody start a I can't stand perez hilton site and I'll join.