Nic Cage Film Car Crash Sends Two to Hospital

5/4/2009 9:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nic Cage has another hit on his hands but this time the people suffering aren't in the audience -- because a car crash on the set of his latest film took out two bystanders last night in Times Square!

The wild set footage from NYPost.com shows a Ferrari weaving through traffic -- but the car skids on the wet pavement, careens into the sidewalk and hits someone walking by. The crash also takes down a lamp post -- which falls on another victim.

According to the Post, both people were taken to the hospital and their injuries do not appear life threatening.

Whamo

Cage hasn't had a hit in what..10 years or more? I use to love his work but this guy has become a f#@king punchline.
Wake up Nic. Get a new agent. I want to laugh with you not at you!

2000 days ago

carrie

I can't believe how unconcerned people are that there is a light pole on the person's leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one seems in a hurry to help or to worried at all. Weird????

2000 days ago

awake

Oh, I totally agree with princess carrie. No one seems really that concerned with the two injured, even the cop! If I were injured I'd be suuuiiing!!!

2000 days ago

Delicious

Nic Cage, just blame it on Christine..

For those that don't know who Christine is~~> Christine is a horror novel by Stephen King, published in 1983. It tells the story of a vintage automobile apparently possessed by supernatural forces

2000 days ago

MJ

I'm sure the "bystanders" were extras. They don't let regular people wander onto a closed street for filming. Regardless, Mr Cage and the production Co are going to have to come up with some $$$.

2000 days ago

Terri

Indeed, injuries are injuries and if those injuries are covered in their contractual clause, and they were regular people (which I'm not sure of myself), than they'll definitely be suing, no doubt.

2000 days ago

Ms. Hysterical

People in Hollywood seem to think that chase scenes only look exciting if the streets are wet. If it's not raining, they bring in special-effects crews to "wet-down" the streets. Most cinematographers refuse to shoot a scene with dry streets. No one in the audience gives a damn about the "look" of the street. But most cinematographers seem to think their reputations will be ruined if their peers see they shot a chase scene on a dry street. You would be amazed how much money is wasted trying to impress their peers back in L.A. with stuff the paying audience could care less about. The chase scene sucked, but the reflections of the headlights off the wet pavement left me breathless. NOT.

2000 days ago

Patrick Joseph

Race when it rains, common sense doesn't apply I guess, and it's NYC, people don't care if you live or die, that's why nobody rushed to help.

2000 days ago