'Gossip Girl' Actress: Ex Is Endangering My Kid

5/19/2009 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Gossip Girl" star Kelly Rutherford isn't finished with her custody war with estranged hubby Daniel Giersch. She now claims Daniel is putting their kid in danger.

Kelly Rutherford: Click to watch

Kelly has filed legal papers asking the judge to prohibit Daniel from taking 2-year-old Hermes to his home until he has properly secured the pool and play areas.

She also wants Daniel to stop potty training the kid, stat. She doesn't say why.

The judge has set a hearing for Friday. In the meantime, the judge has ordered Daniel to properly cover the pool.

MJ

This doesn't bode well for their ability to co-parent their children if they have to use the court system to assist in decisions about potty training

wasup

She wants him to stop potty training the kid because he is a 2 boy for freaks sake!

wasup

oops, I meant to write, he is only 2 years old for freaks sake! lol, back to work

Only marry foreign women

Guys are always getting dragged into court about marriage.

"Ooh. Is this the line to lose my children, 18 years of income, home, and car. Great. Look the line is moving."

Only marry foreign women

The United States has one of the highest divorce rates in the world of about 200 countries. The divorce courts hate men. What was that guy thinking to get married?

Tink44

She names the kid Hermes and worries about stupid things like potty training?

ladyblue

If the father doesn't have enough sense to secure the pool, then he shouldn't have the kid at his house. All it takes is a few seconds and the kid is gone forever. He wants to potty train but he isn't securing his home for his child? He needs to get his priorities straight.

RobN

She doesn't want him potty-trained for the same reason that she still breastfeeds him; she believes in a parenting style that allows the kid to choose for himself when it's time to stop breastfeeding and using diapers.

She's a ding dong.

Heather

TMZ -- anyone there ever raised a boy?? There are no boys that I know of that can actually be trained when they're two years old. And many children wind up with life-long issues because of pressure early in life to do something that their body just isn't ready to do.

Cleveland-West_Side

I'm 33 and still haven't been potty trained, what's the big deal?

CajunMama

RobN... you are the ding dong! Ever heard of the American Academy of Pediatrics? They recommend AT LEAST 12 months. Ever heard of the World Health Organization? They say 2 years and beyond! yes, my 20 month old is STILL nursing and will be for a while as long as that is what he wants. Breastfeeding has amazing benefits to both mother and child!!! Get a clue.

As for potty training - I am the mother of 2 boys. The first was potty trained completely by 2 1/2 - it was HIS time. We only encouraged him a little bit. We tried once before, but he wasnt ready. The potty went away for nearly 6 months - until he started talking about it and showing signs. My second child, the 20 month old, has not shown any signs of potty training so we haven't even thought about pulling out the potty. There is no reason to rush a child.

I support the mother in this fight! He needs to make sure his home is SAFE before having a very curious toddler running around.

DawnB

If she wants him to stop potty training, it must be because she knows that he is not ready. I can't imagine she is doing it because she wants to keep changing his diapers.

DawnB

I just checked Wiki and it says that her son won't turn 3 till October. It is common for boys not to pick up potty training till they are about to turn 3.

antoinette

OKAY PEOPLE .......BOYS CAN BE POTTY TRAINED AT 2 MY SONS (TWINS) WHERE TRAINED DAY AND NITE AT 18MONTHS OLD OF COURSE MY HUSBAND WORKED AND I WAS ABLE TO STAY AT HOME AND TAKE CARE OF MY CHILDREN IT TAKES TIME BUT YOU CAN DO IT.

Google-me-bitch!

I'm sorry..I just couldn't get over the fact that the child's name is HERMES?
that name alone should be illegal

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments