Akon Makes Penance For Teen Tossing

5/28/2009 7:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

As part of his community service for throwing a teenager offstage in a nearby town, Akon met with students in Poughkeepsie, NY today for a forum on gun violence -- speaking publicly about Dolla, his protege who was gunned down in L.A. last week.

Akon: Click to listen
Check out The Poughkeepsie Journal for more of Akon's speech.

hamilTonyan

first a

1974 days ago

let it go

2ND

1974 days ago

MZLB

and we should give a S*it because....twitter is lame

1974 days ago

barry Gordy is genius

I love TMZ because they keep us informed. Even if it is about this dude.

1974 days ago

writergal

i live in the area that he did this and honestly no body gives a crap about him. what he did was wrong and he's only doing this because he was told to. i was there the day it happened and we left the event right afteward. the kid didn't do anything wrong and didn't deserve to be treated like that. i hope one day someone picks him up spins him and throws him on his head. but then again, they probably have multiple times.

1974 days ago

DR WASABI

ANOTHER MORON WHOSE FATHER SHOULD HAVE SHOT THAT LOAD IN THE SINK!

I WANTS TO BE A RAPPER BUT I WOULD HAVE TO RUN AN ICE PICK THROUGH MY BRAIN TO HAVE THE SAME INTELLIGENCE LEVEL

HERE IS MY FIRST TRY........HIPPITY HOP TO DE BARBA SHOP!!!!!!! I TINK I IZ ONDO SOMTIN MA BROTHA!!!!!!!

1974 days ago

xcalibur

MEHHH!!! FUNNY HOW DOUCHE BAGS GET ALL HUMBLE WITH THE COURTS BREATHING DOWN THEIR NECKS. ANOTHER NON-SANGER DOPE TO KIDS WHO BUY IT UP. THE DOPE HE CALLS FREAKIN MUSIC. SMDH.

1974 days ago

Paige

This Akon animal is disgusting - what a great guy for the black community to look up to. He really made something of himself. Trash of a human, trash trash trash.

1973 days ago

Sand

I applaud Akron -- He now sees that the only people losing anything by senseless Gun violience is the people involved -- Poor Dolla, who supported his whole family with his music, and the stupid kid who shot him, who will probably eventually lose his life while incarcerated. RIP Dolla -- Maybe through your death, you will help others to change their ways.

1973 days ago

norjay

I'm gonna play Kate Gosselin just for today. You do not MAKE Penance---you DO Penance.

1973 days ago

Just sayin'

Go to hell. Can't stand his face or his crap music. His voice and the key he "sings" in makes my ears vomit.

1972 days ago