Jackson Danced and Sang Last Night

6/25/2009 8:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've learned Michael Jackson showed no unusual signs of distress -- he was rehearsing his upcoming concert at the Staples Center in L.A. But, we're told, like other nights of rehearsal, Jackson was both hours late and lethargic.

michael jackson staples center

We're told rehearsal went late into the evening. Jackson was singing and dancing with the backup dancers and the band. Someone who was there says Jackson was supposed to show at 7 PM but didn't arrive until 10 and he was "listless." But that was normal, according to people at rehearsal.

Right now, some of the cast and crew are at Staples, packing up their stuff.

KrAmEr

I was at the rehearsal as well Wednesday night. The TRUTH is he was at Staples Center well before he hit the stage. He was in in good spirits and seemed normal, lucid and well composed when I spoke to him right before the sound check and subsequent rehearsal at 10pm!!! MJ did not hit the stage earlier because he was reviewing the new changes to his big screen video giving his input and listening to other production professionals on how to cut the video. That meeting lasted about an hour or so. He then went to his dressing room to prepare to rehearse while the band, dancers and crew took a half hour or so break. I stand 100% behind this statement, but due to the surreal nature of this monumental day I just witnessed from inside Staples Thursday, I wish to remain anonymous until the shock wears off. No B.S. here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TragicallyHip

Jackson's own lawyer and family spokesperson, Ben Oxman is basically saying that certain members of the family, including himself, were very concerned about the amount of prescription pills Michael was taking to manage pain for various previous injuries, and who knows what else but that he was surrounded by enablers. Could this be Elvis redux?

ME

I LOVED MICHAEL JACKSON WHEN I WAS YOUNGER AND UP UNTIL THE TIME HE TURNED INTO A FREAK. HE PAVED THE WAY FOR OUR MUSIC TODAY AND HE WILL BE MISSED. IF THIS WAS CAUSED BY DRUG ABUSE THEN IT HAS TAKEN ANOTHER STAR. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN TO GET HELP.

JANE DOE

Those Dancers will always Remember Him! nice!

RIP MJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith in Bournemouth UK

I am so saddened by the loss of such a great musical talent. being a mere 2 months 3 days older than Michael he was a constant part of my life through his music.

As a true fan throughout his highs and lows, this was not the sort of news I wanted to hear on my birthday. Within 15 mins of hearing the first breaking news Bournemouth had a huge Electrical storm, and I can only imagine that this was Michael giving an impromptu performance for all the fans that had passed before him.

My Thoughts and prayers go out to all his family, R I P Michael and thank you for bringing many years of enjoyment to my life !!!

Keith

Dave

No one has or will surpass Michael Jackson. He was the most succesful artist for the last few decades and simply one of the very best of all times. He brought a new dimension to music and entertainment, I will remember him for that.
R.I.P