Michael Jackson

Dies

6/25/2009 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

mj-dies-1We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived. A cardiologist at UCLA tells TMZ Jackson died of cardiac arrest.

Once at the hospital, the staff tried to resuscitate him but he was completely unresponsive.

A source inside the hospital told us there was "absolute chaos" after Jackson arrived. People who were with the singer were screaming, "You've got to save him! You've got to save him!"

We're told one of the staff members at Jackson's home called 911.

La Toya ran in the hospital sobbing after Jackson was pronounced dead.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Michael Jackson Photos

aeb1980

RIP Michael. I am so sorry for the chaotic life you led. I will always be a fan. I am so sad for your family, true friends and fans. FYI, anyone who shares my sentiments can purchase a "In Memory of Michael Jackson" t-shirt online at www.flirtygirltees.com. It is the only place I have found to purchase one so far.

lil'ol'me

Only in america can you be born a poor black boy and die a rich white female.

Nati

Due to the fact that Michael Jackson was 99% plastic, he will be melted down into lego blocks so little boys can play with him for a change!

holly

if michael jackson carried anything about his children, he would have taken care of himself, they were no different to him than bubbles the chimp, now maybe they might be able to have some semblence of a normal life. I know that sounds mean, but he was selfish about them. He really only wanted them for companions.. druggie and weirdo..i feel bad he passed, but he brought it on himself.. and now his children our orphans

Elephant-MAN-Bones

UUUUUUHHHHHHH......This is the elephant mannnnn..Well whats left of him anyway, Jacko was indeed a man of many many many....many faces and a spear nose, but he also was a man of many suprises, im sure he will rise out of the dirt and give everyone the worlds best live (dead) preformance of THRILLERRRR.........BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO.....children should not be without supervision...THIS IS THE ELEPHANT MANS BONES, I LOVE YOU BUDDY

VKEYBEN

1 AND THE ONLY PERSON KING OF POP...MJ..U ALWYS IN OUR MEMORY..

annick

I was shocked when I heard about M J's death. First thing, I want to send my sympathy to all the jacksons' family and a special thought to his 3 children, may god protect them, cherish them and helped them in their future. M J was a great humanitarian, an ecologist. He did a lot to help children all over the world, those suffering from hunger, from aids.
Michael Jackson is not dead for he will always live in our hearts, in our soul, in our live. Rest in peace, I LOVE YOU MICHAEL, till we met again.

hardball

He's been producing music for over 40 years of his 50 years of life, and influenced several generations of audiences around the world, from the late 60's until now. Truly a musician that comes along once a century or so; spanning, and often dominating several eras of music.

while it's hard for any one man to represent a generation of humanity; but if anyone, he would be the face of modern civilization since the early 80's; and certainly the most recognizable name around the globe even today. This is just a massive massive loss that most of us has not seen in your lifetime.

LUCYSEASHELLS

I STILL CAN'T BELEIVE, ITS LIKE A BAD DREAM. I DON'T WANT TO WAKE UP AND FIND OUT THAT'S TRUE. MICHAEL YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN, EVER! MICHAEL, YOU WERE REALLY LOVED BY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. MICHAAEL YOU ARE WITH YOUR TRUE FATHER, AND THE TRUE FATHER IS WITH YOUR FAMILY
**************************************** R I P YOUR HOME****************************************

wif3y4lif3y

rest in peace michael jackson!!! u will b soooo missed but neva forgotten!!!
KING OF POP!!!!

Imi

R.I.P Michael what a shock and very sad. you will truly be missed, your music will live forever.

munir

go with god michael jackson

bawna

I feel so saddend by MJ death.I feel so sorry for his three kids and i think the kids should go to janet or la toya they seemed to be the normal ones out of the group,and will have the kids at the best interest.

victor

Micheal you lived ur now rest in peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCS

I'm a music teacher and each year I talk about Michael Jackson. It will be difficult next year to have to face the reality that we have lost such a special person in our world. His music resounds in my head and to me his music is never dead but alive in the hearts of all man kind. He gave so much and he endured a difficult life, truly a musician, an expressive soul we have only to be thankful for having had the chance to know.