Coroner on MJ: 'No Indication of Foul Play'

6/26/2009 7:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County Coroner just announced Michael Jackson's autopsy has been completed -- but more testing is needed before the official cause of death can be determined.

The coroner said the cause of death was deferred because additional testing -- including toxicology and other tests -- is needed. It will take 4-6 weeks to complete.

There was no trauma to Michael's body and "no indication of foul play" -- but he said Michael had been taking "some prescription medications."

He said Michael was pronounced dead in the emergency room of UCLA. Jackson's body will be released after 6 PM.

barry Gordy is genius

TMZ, YOU ARE EVIL. WHEN YOU WERE DISRESPECTING MICHAEL DURING HIS LIFE, I DEFENDED HIM AND YOU DIDN'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO POST IT. NOW HE'S DECEASED AND I HOPE YOU HAVE ENOUGH RESPECT AND TACT (THIS TIME AROUND) TO KEEP IT PROFESSIONAL. YOU DEFECATED ON HIM IN LIFE, PLEASE DON'T DEFECATE ON HIM IN DEATH. HAVE SOME RESPECT.

Jordan R.

To: Commentor on #10

You said "Yep, he died from mixing RX drugs". How the hell do you know this? The coroner has not even released toxicology reports, yet you act as if you have the facts. Where you there? Did you watch him do this? You are the type of oblivious person who doesn't know crap yet thinks they know it all. Please keep your "I know everything" comments to yourself, as this only creates rumors that can take months to clarify. Would you like it if I said "#10 on here has a learning disability"? Stop assuming, especially when it comes to healthcare, science and pharmacology.

Dharma

its to soon for any of this as we all know, but its buzzies on patrol stirring up trouble... again!

bangus.

What kind of person that has not only cpr/first aid training but a medical degree, not know that cpr is more effective when on a solid surface... yeah they have people on gurneys but im sure Michael Jacksons bed is a lot more fluffy than a gurney. If you listened to the 911 call then you know what I'm talking about.

bingo

MJ may have been good at one point but he got a lot to wacky for me. I could care less he's dead. He's better off and so are a lot of others. He should have committed suicide long ago. He's not being put on a pedestal by me.

jim

I hear that he owed over 500.000, 100.000 alone in pharmisudicals, Will there be anything for his kids?

Momsbank

Oh where oh where can the good dr. be .....umm may-be Mexico or South America or just lawyering up. He has the answers as to what happened yesterday and if it was all ok then why is he hiding? Talk to the police if you have nothing to hide. Something is very wrong here.

Johnny Bittencourt

I'm Brazilian and I liked much of Michael Jackson, although I haven't had the opportunity to see him here in Brazil when he came because I was still a child.
I am sorry for his death. My condolences to his family at heart!

Rhonda Fleming

Another tragedy of many for MJ.
His doctor should be charged with aiding his death,
why he isn't being held for negligent homicide
is a question that I would like to know?!

Carla

Psychiatry Kills.

EOLIA

MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE JACKSON FAMILY THEY ARE IN MY PRAYERS AND THOUGH. MY HEART TRUELY GOES OUT TO MICHEAL MOTHER I KNOW WHAT IT LIKE TO LOSS A CHILD.SHE WILL ALWAY BE IN MY PRAYERS. AND TO THE CHILDREN OF MICHEAL I REALLY DO FEEL FOR THEM CAUSE I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO LOSS A PARENT CAUSE I LOSS BOTH OF MY PARENTS AT THE AGE OF 13. ITS HARD BUT GOD HAVE THEM AND HE WILL WATCH OVER THEM. THE JACKSON FAMILY HAVE MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCE AND MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP IN PEACE AND HEALTH.

fatty

i have a joke farrah fawcett died she went to heaven and god told her since she was a charlie angel on earth he would make a special angel in heaven and granted her one wish to grant for earth she thought awhile and told god that she wanted all the children on earth to be safe. god said hold on ill be right back he came back about 4 hrs later and said your wish has been granted. she said were did you go and he said i had to go kill micheal jackson. lmao lol

Diana

I really do not get the shock....hello, has anyone looked at the guy lately??? He looks horrible!! The doctor who was with him was a cardiologist...that would be a heart doctor! One would wonder why he had a heart doctor on staff....generally people do not see them unless there is need to do so. The guy was 50 and it has been known for a long time he is always having some kind of medical issue and taking some kind of drug.....so is it really that shocking that he had a heart attack? Even if the doctor was living at his residence, you can't hold them 100% accountable for choices the patient makes. Doctors can't stop people from mixing alcohol with their drugs. I am not at all surprised and really am shocked he lived this long.....when you look at the changes to his body over the years and how he has looked this past month, does this really come as that big of a shock?

baffled

I am completely stunned at how ignorant some people are. I can't believe that commentor #150 (aka bingo) actually wrote that MJ should have committed suicide along time ago. Haven't people ever heard that if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all.

Hector Aponte

No matter what kind of problems he had, he was a great performer, the best. RIP Michael Jackson.