Elizabeth Taylor

Tweets on Jackson's Death

6/26/2009 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Elizabeth Taylor -- who initially was "too devastated" to comment on the passing of her dear friend Michael Jackson -- has just released a statement via her Twitter account:

Michael & Elizabeth
"My heart ... my mind ... are broken. I loved Michael with all my soul and I can't imagine life without him. We had so much in common and we had such loving fun together. I was packing up my clothes to go to London for his opening when I heard the news. I still can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. It can't be so. He will live in my heart forever but it's not enough. My life feels so empty. I don't think anyone knew how much we loved each other. The purest most giving love I've ever known. Oh God! I'm going to miss him. I can't yet imagine life without him. But I guess with God's help ... I'll learn. I keep looking at the photo he gave me of himself, which says, 'To my true love Elizabeth, I love you forever.' And, I will love HIM forever."

Taylor is the one who gave Jackson his royal title, The King of Pop.

If There's a Sing Off in Heaven Between Michael and Elvis, Michael Will Win

If you are going to slam him, would you please use Spell Check first, so you don't look like a raving lunatic and an idiot. One is fine, but must you wipe out the validity of your comments by also being lazy?

jw

What a stupid shallow woman. Has been old hag.Get a life lqdy.

eyeswideopen

Dear World,
I am wondering where the true basic feeling of COMPASSION has been hiding? As I read the comments of so many stories about War, hunger, death and daily living I am struck by the hatred and disgust of so many of you. I am sure you are wonderful people and your family and friends love you. Please take some of that love and share it with a stranger.
Step into someone else's shoes for a change and try to understand and have compassion. I promise it will be a great journey.

NatureIsAmazing

For those who are concerned about the "140 characters" , the above message was made in 7 twitters.

Maru

I am very sad about Michael Jackson's death. I grew up with his music, Iam 50 years old and now my grandsons listen to his music, My 33 year old son would imitate him in talent shows.,when he was little boy.. How very SAD, how he died. I truly believe he was NOT a happy person,but a true genius. A great loss for the music world and for us !!!
My heart goes out to his children, his Mother, and all his brothers and sisters...May God help all of them during these trying time !!!
I love you Michael ,and I will always remeber you personally, as part of my childhood!
God Bless you and may you rest in Peace......Your music will ALWAYS live in our Hearts!!!!!!

Tiredofcruelpeople

TMZ, can't u just disable comments, so MJ's family doesn't have to see how cruel people are. Don't allow all these mean things to be posted come on have some respect for the family.

casey4442

I just do not understand how some people can be so insensitive at a time like this. We lost 2 great people on Thursday. This man do not deserve to be disrespected when he is no longer here. I have and will continue to be a fan of Michael regardless of what people say. He is human and deserve to rest in peace just like any normal person. He did not choose his fame. He loved children because he did not have a NORMAL childhood. Elizabeth Taylor was just speaking about their close relationship. I thought this was the land to speak freely without being judged by idiots.

L Bisson

All of Ms. Taylor's comments, I concur with completely, concerning how much Michael was loved, and how will we go on without him, which of course, we must find a way. So often we don't realize how much a person means to us, how much they have influenced us, until they are no longer with us. Michael, for those of us who truly loved you and realized your incomparable talent and beautiful spirit, know that you will always live in our hearts.

A Friend

If you don't have anything nice to say, about someone that can't defend himself any longer, then please don't waist your negative energy, and keep you malicious comments to yourself. It is people like you, that have made a man look bad, who was a giving and loving man. Maybe he had a childish nature, but he had the right to be who he wanted to be. Did he truly hurt anyone...how do you know? Where you there? (You would probably accuse your father of the same, if you knew you could get money out of him. The jealousy is in you words!!) A beautiful man has entered a new stage, and we should remember him with Respect, Honar and Graditude. All the good things he has done need not be forgotten. For he was nailed to the cross, and we did not help him off. He did not judge us, but showed his true forgiveness, because he loved everyone!!!!! Love you Michael...and Thank you!!!!!! You will be missed!!!!!

unnerved

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME you sat down at a meal with Michael Jackson or Elizabeth Taylor and got to know them as the person they are rather than a celeb blasted over the media waves? If you don't personally know them how dare you think you have the right to say such horrific things about total strangers. Are you that miserable in your own life? Would you like having total strangers make up lies about you again and again and again? If so, then rock on. If not, then take a look in the mirror!

Peace in the Valley

Ms. Taylor your are not along in your feeling for Micheal Jackson. He will truly be missed. Alot of us did not have his autograhped picture but we had and have his music in our hearts. I am greatful that while he lived he had someone he could call a friend. Some of the comments I've read here comfirmed the fact that this is truly a dowright mean country.

GetALife

Gm7999 you`re green with jealousy! Michael Jackson accomplished a lot in his short 50 year life...and when he was alive he couldn`t give a crap about what people like you think.

valrmi

To everyone:
Keep yout vile opinions to yourself. MJ was never convicted of any crime. As with any celebrity, many settle matters out of court, just because the cost of litigation even a frivolous law suit cost MONEY. STFU!!!

alicia

i think she should go anyway if it wasn't for the fans nobody would be famous go pay ur respects at the memorial michael would want her there

CrazyHorz

I hope that the family finds some kind of PEACE, but his father, big joke, Joe, is the one that SCREWED up this young singer soooo bad, and now look where JOE'S being a father led him. He was never a kid, and that he missed to the dayhe died. He knew how to LOVE his own kids, cuz he never got that LOVE from his so-called father. Joe is a CRIPPLE in the MIND, and relies on OTHERS to MAKE MONEY off of.... that is his decayed type of LIFE...
Dame Elizebeth, your pain is felt by all of us who LOVED his music, and his dancing. Because none of us had the privilege of having him as a FRIEND....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments