Jackson Family --

Demerol Shot Caused Death

6/26/2009 10:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson demerol shotA close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

Story developing ...

See Also

Marla

I am beginning to strongly dislike the press, this is all sensationalism at its worse. We all need to wait until the tox report is released. There have been so many rumors surrounding Micheal . He tried to discuss openly with the press to clarify the questions and many did not believe him. Virtiligo is a skin disorder, my mother and brother and grandfather have this disease. Micheal had virtiligo !!! His children althrough they may look white are more than likely his children...I am black and have 5 neices and nephew who do not appear to have a drop of black blood in them, all are biracial. So you people need to hush your mouths with these alllegations /assumptions. Leave Micheal and his family alone !!!!They have been tormented enough........ !! If anything you all who are trying to destroy him and pretray him as some kind of freak need to publicly acknowledge that you were all wrong about him.. Are you all blind....do you realize how muvh you've hurt MIcheal Jackson ??? The question is "Are you responsible for this outcome" THE PRESS,Lies, Greed, MONEY

prairiedog

Well said #49. You know, as sad as this is... why don't you wait for the autopsy results before publishing irresponsible, unconfirmed information? Why must the media rush to speak so fast before finding out the FACTS? It is distasteful for this site (or his family - if that IS the case, which I doubt) to publish information before it is confirmed just to get page hits.

pockets

Another talented druggie gone, like so many before him. Sad but true. He's gone, its over.

Helene

I am devastated by the loss of our “KING”.

I went to see a concert in Montreal in 1984 and it was and still is the best concert I have ever seen. I still have the Victory Tour sweatshirt that I bought and will cherish it forever! The theatrics, lights and stage presence proves that he is truly the most talented person on the earth. Even though he is eccentric, I think this is all part of what made Michael Jackson who he truly was a STAR. I have always believed in my heart that he is innocent of all child molestation accusations. He loved children and I think it was his money that put him in these situations and the greed of others trying to take it from him.

God knows the truth and the people that believe in him know the truth.

May you rest in piece my dear child…..I feel I have known you my whole life, I feel I have lost my friend !

June 25, 2009 will be a day I remember forever !

Sadly,
Helene from Ottawa Canada

wtf

It's being said Michael's mother will now raise the kids. Is she still married to Joe? Michael has spent all of his adult years talking about how abusive his father was. Why in the world would he be allowed to raise these kids?

jocuri

so it's finally Demerol?

Tom Vjestica

RIP Michael Jackson
Whatever happened we all LOVE YOU

Logan

nah this cant be true =
R.I.P. MICHAEL JACKSON

Christina

I am just heartbroken.....with no words to express how I feel. I know not everyone was a big Michael Jackson fan, but I grew up with him. I had pictures of him all over my walls, read every article I could get my hands on, have all of his albums, and even went and bought them again when they came out on cd. He was truly an artistic genius and contributed more to music, dance, culture, then anyone could ever imagine and will now begin to realize. He was my generations Elvis Presley and is going to be missed worldwide forever.

I truly hope he is in the arms of our precious Lord. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and fans. He may have not been liked by everyone, but no one can denounce his ability and gift to cross over into different generations, cultures, race barriers, with his music. My hearts wish now is that Michael is finally at peace.

Christina Walk, NC

Nuahcerpel

Wow what a sad and preventable way to go. RIP Michael your talent and persona was larger than life and we will always remember you as the greatest.........Nuahcerpel

wtf

He received? As in someone else gave him the injection? Who is going to be charged with murder.

Dumbass in Alabam

Oh goodness.....souns like the family is fishin for another lawsuit. You watch. Big lawsuit. Just let the guy rest in peace. This family is money hungry, that's for sure.

Whitney

I believe it...still sad though, RIP MJ

kddjci

Jackson used to talk frequently about being bullied from childhood through adulthood - by his family members, by so-called friends, by extortionists. Go to missyjenkins.com to try and change that bullying culture - nobody knows what bullying can do to innocent people more than Missy does. May Michael finally rest in peace.

dangerusscurvs

OMG!! How sad. Sis Jackson, it is good to know that Jehovah is comforting you at this time.