Jackson Family --

Demerol Shot Caused Death

6/26/2009 10:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson demerol shotA close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

Story developing ...

See Also

Previous 15 Comments | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Brillo Pad

freeaprilgriffin
I would think that people were staring, because it isn't every day you see an escaped mental patient, standing in the middle of the park, farting with a straight jacket on.

Paul Mungai

You were an insipiration to many the world over. RIP MJ

MattAZ

I think Jackson's death is similar in many ways to Karen Carpenter's death. I imagine anorexia or some eating disorder weakened his heart.

buffbodz

Always prescription drugs, usually painkillers. What's the connection? Don't the Dr.s know they're giving out legal heroine?

Tricia

If this is true and this docotr has been giving all kinds of drugs for the $$$ then I hope and pray that he will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!!!!!!!!

naysayer

Good riddance!

Kasandra

I'm FURIOUS furious furious furious...

If this is truly the cause of death they need to hang this doctor to dissuade other doctors from doing these things.

mick

all smells fishy to me...wanna see what the autopsy says.....lotta people in the govt meddia were out to get him, because he knew how corrupt they were andmay have wanted to expose them in his upcoming concert tour

DARIA

MICHAEL IS THE KING OF POP FOREVER!!! I M FROM RUSSIA TOWN VLADIMIR. I WAS ON CONCERTS OF MICHAEL 2 TIMES IN MOSCOW, I CAN T WAITING FOR ANOTHER ONE, BUT TODAY IS A BLACK DAY IN THE WHOLE PLANET. WE ALL CRYING! HOW WE CAN BE LIVING WHITHOUT HIM? MJ FOREVER!!!

hummingbird

MJ was diagnosed with lupus in the mid-80's. Not the immediate cause of death, but people with lupus don't often live longer than 10-15 years after receiving the diagnosis.

freeaprilgriffin

Only those who are ALIKE know the feeling of feeling the spirit of our ancestors, at least Michael knows the truth-'they dont really care about us!-'So i would not expect 'you or you' to understand-whats' understood doesn't need to be explained-I KNOW for a fact Michael Is transiting, and is feeling Better in this stage as he meets the Father- Michael will be one of the saints who judge the earth-REAL TALK-Michale You Brother-WHere Truly In This Earth But Not Of It-love ya babe!

Funny Though.

Well freeaprilgriffin, from reading your post, I would say that you two truely were alike....................two freaks in a straight jacket pod.

freeaprilgriffin

Michael a freak- there was no evidence of Michael hurting anyone- 'you' people are nothing but liars, history of being liars, George Washington was a child molester that's a fact- Michael was a great man, just suffered what many Blacks suffer, the wrath of hate, want to be him, but despise him, Michael is transitioning in the heavens, a place I seriously doubt you will ever go-Michael is feeling good right now, cause this brother is FINALLY home! In the end, he went back to Black, he knew the truth, he saw the real...and he made his peace!

Linda

I am caucation, 60, believe in God, yet not a fanatic, and I go around humming a Jackson tune now more than ever before and feel truly sad that he is gone. I have always admired his abilities and felt compasion for him no matter what was written about him. I had not seen the tour announcement and the other day I saw it for the first time. I said to myself, is that Michael? It doesn't look like him, it doesn't sound like him, and his movements are all off! Is that what drugs do to you? Give you a new found demeanor all together? The Michael I thought I knew and loved was calm, moved with poise, soft spoken, and very humble. This guy slouched when he walked and looked more like a hip hopper. I listened to his voice and turned my head away just to make sure. It did not sound like Michael Jackson. I hope someone will admit that was a "stand in".

I have been watching old videos and viewed many pictures of him alone, with Lisa Marie, and his children. He was one "hot "dude! I don't think the world realized that until now and I have no doubt MJ was unaware. What's worse, is he never got to see just how much he meant to all of us. It is ashame we wait until people die to show well deserved love and admiration.

R.I.P. Michael