Jackson Family --

Demerol Shot Caused Death

6/26/2009 10:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson demerol shotA close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

Story developing ...

See Also

michael

rhip michael should have stayed off the drugs

Comeon

Is anyone taking into account that he must've lost his mind? Look at www.youtube.com and type in "Making of We are the World". Twenty five years ago, Michael Jackson not only looked completely different, his demeanor and behaviors are completely different as well. How does this happen to someone who is not mentally ill? Not condoning diddlers, but......
look at the big picture. His loved ones should've had his butt committed when he had the total personality change, and at least force an evaluation. I wonder if anyone ever even considered it? Hmmmm

joseph r. mariano

Beleive me i know all to well about demerol i had back surgery ,that night i was asked if i needed something for pain and i said i did not need the shot but the nurse said your doctor wants the shot so you have to take it well low and be hold she gave me 75 % more than ordered , well i began to fell pretty back and i was scared my blood pressure dropped bery low and they had to call a cardio doctor up to my room an he gave me some kind of shot in about an hour i started to feel better but it was scary now i warn doctors not to ever give me that again . Doctors just give there clients what ver they want in michael,s case if thats what killed him the doctor should be punished very hard some jail time then maybe doctors will start to get the massage not to give drugs like they do like candy . joe

Jenny

The man was put through the wringer enough when he was alive, can we possibly let him rest in peace? And maybe, just maybe focus on the good things he did. Talk about the some 39 charities that he donated money to. Not to mention the unmeasurable amount of influence he had and continues to have on pop music from time he was a young boy up until his untimely death. I doubt, though, that his influence on music will die with him. There will not be anyone to surpass him in talent for a very long time.

Jackie

MICHAEL JACKSON IS GOING TO BE AS BIG AS ELVIS IF NOT BIGGER.............I WISH ALL THESE PEOPLE WOULD STOP WITH ALL THE BAD THINGS..........HIS KIDS JUST LOST THERE FATHER AND THE FAMILY LOST A LOVED ONE............LET HIM REST IN PEACE..........I DONT CARE WHAT ANY ONE SAYS MICHAEL WAS GREATER THAN GREAT.............I HAVE ALL HIS SONGS AND WILL CONTINUE TO BUY THEM KNOW JUST BECAUSE...........REST IN PEACE MICHAEL JACKSON.........I LOVE YOU AND YOU HAVE MANY THAT LOVE YOU ALSO............JACKIE

Dean

R.I.P.Michael.You died way too young.

FAST EDDIE

Dear God ! What a heavenly Choir You have now! Dear Michael since you now have your wings as the newest ANGEL and Farrah is also!!! Please don't forget us! Please ask the Creator in our name for; Peace, Beauty, and Great Music!!!

icu2nurse

This doc sounds like he's in a lot of hot water. Maybe he accidentally injected it into a vein rather than a muscle? That would kill you right quick!

Tom from Chicago

I have been injected with Demerol numerous times during hospitalizations and I can tell you that it does kill the pain but also it does induce a state of euphoria and that is probably what Michael was in need of

RIP

queenb

Micheal Jackson was a master at his craft. In his performances he seemed so strong and self assured and yet in his personal life he seemed a man who was searching for peace. His smile lit up the room. I know his family's hearts must be breaking and his children must be so confused during this time. Debbie Rowe did not want the children and I pray she does not get them children. They deserve to continue to be raised in the Jackson family surrounded by those who will never let their father's memory die. Please stop all the nastiness and the hatefulness. Rememeber, everyone is someone's brother/sister, mother/father, family member and the same goes for Michael. He was a brother who was respected and adored especially by Janet and his mom. Let them grieve in peace without all the nasty people of the world putting him on trial all over again for things he was found NOT GUILTY of. Just stop already! It is time to let him rest in peace and time to pray for and send positive thoughts to his children especially. My heart goes out to them all.

Sue C. from Metairie, LA

I agree with the comment about if Catherine and Joe are still together. Michael would never want his children raised by Joe. No offense to Catherine, but she didn't show much of a backbone as a good mom either allowing that abuse to go on! (I would kill for my kids, I would rather be on the streets and homeless, than allow them to be abused) I think all THREE (3) would be better off with the nanny. Two of them really don't know Debbie, much less the third. They need to stay with the only security they have ony known. This all is so sad. As weird and strange as he became, he will be missed.

ronniecinWV

I remember seeing the Jackson 5 on Ed Sullivan when I was 7 years old. I was fascinated that he could do the things that he did. He inspired me to try things that were new and I'll always owe him for that. He was an inspiration. Peace and Love Jacko.

Angie Hicks

i think it's a tragedy for his kids and family he was a great singer when i was younger thats all you heard about and ...........to all these people saying he got what he deserves case he was a child molester and put his baby in danger by holding it over ther banister ........would you be saying it if it was your brother, uncle or father think of how his kids must feel my prayers are with them and god bless

jennifer

Micheal was a true soldier he battled it out until the end.For the past 2 nights I've been listening to his music and if you listen closely to his words you hear his pain.Althogh this man was filled with lots of riches and had more things than an average person could ever dream of.He wished to human.He wished to be normal, and it just startdeles me that his family his mother ,father, somebody!Did not see this until the day of his untimely death.I'm a so heart broken, so sad ,my heart is filled with tears.Last but not least my prayer to God is that he delivers him and that he goes to the promise land and find his enternal peace.R.I.P. Sir Micheal Joe Jackson.

Mordaki987

MIchaels death is a tragedy, i won't deny that. But, as a fan of his who grey up with his music, i lost a lot of respect for him as a person and a musician when all the court cases and media attention were drawn to him about possible molestation charges the whole nine yards. That alone was what made me lost a lot of the respect i had for him. At any rate my condolences go out to his famly on their loss but me i can't mourn someone i've lost total respect for.