Jackson Family --

Demerol Shot Caused Death

6/26/2009 10:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson demerol shotA close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

Story developing ...

See Also

bellair

I think everyone had a pretty good idea of his talents and of weaknesses. What we have no real idea of is what went on in his life from a small boy all through his adulthood. It is time for us to accept him for who he was - the good, the bad, and the in between. I doubt there are few people out there who could come close to walking a mile in his shoes. His life is now in the past and he is no longer here to answer to his critics, so lets leave the past in the past and appreciate him for the contributions he made to his many charities and the music business. In no way am I asking anyone to nominate him for saint hood, nor do I think we should sit in judgement of him and condemn him to hell. . I will always remember the Michael Jackson who appeared to us as the talented pop star that he was, who filled my teenage years with a lot of fun and menories that appear to me as if it were yesterday when I am lucky enough to hear his voice on my radio.

Grneyedsoulman

It didn't set in until yesterday, when the radio was playing your songs all day. Damn, Mike!! I grew up with you and now my radio friend is gone. I hope that you are getting the peace that you deserve, resting comfortably in God's arms. The Pan did not have to grow up.

I'm praying for your children and your family...

PEACE!!!

фото

Michael Jackson is an AMAZING Person , he has a caring heart and will ALWAYS be the best Entertainer. Such a genius and will never be replaced. My Daughter and I attended his 45th B'Day Party and he was so sweet to talk to, he spoke to me about Glasgow, Scvotland, Edinburgh and he really liked it there on his visits.
People that think he is weird or wacko, I think that is sad. Don''t Judge a book by its cover. There are many werd people out in the world. He was loved for being the Greatest Performer and for being such a caring person.
He was done wrong in his short life.
His Childhood was taken away from him and My heart goes out to Michael Jackson.
R.I.P Michael

T.J.

Does anyone remember that Farrah Fawcett died the same day, and that Ed Mc Mahon died earlier this week. Now we will be blessed with recaps of his life, his so called music, for weeks and weeks. MJ was a child toucher, a disgusting freak of nature. So long M'J I won't miss you

Hoozyamama

Sometimes medications don't leave your body-they are stored and in time build up-the shot of Demeral was given and his breathing decreased....maybe not an intended overdose,but a stupidity of not being monitered with tests from a doctor and giving him anything he wanted.Very sad for his family and children-he's at peace now.

truthinfacts

You have to be kidding me, heres a man "loose term" that lined his pockets with millons, spent millons on self indulgence and had a "thing" for children. And you verbalize your LOVE for him with sincerity. The end was to long in coming, amazing what this country idolizes, just amazing.

Shirley H

I believe he shouldn't have been given the demerol. That's what might have been the cause of his heart attack. The world has lost a great person. I will surely miss him, he was one of my greatest idols. There will be no one else like him. May God Bless his family, especially his children.

mariep

THE JACKSONS ARE LOOKING TO CASH IN ON HIS DEATH, YES HE WAS FAMOUS BUT FAMOUS PEOPLE DIE TOO. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW YOU SEEM BEFORE A HEART ATTACK. IT CAN HAPPEN IN A SECOND. HE WAS PROBABLY PUTTING TOO MUCH STRAIN ON HIS BODY. AFTER ALL HE WAS FIFTY YEARS OLD AND THE BODY CANNOT PERFORM LIKE HE WAS THIRTY YEARS OLD. I HOPE THEY DON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS BECAUSE IT WOULD MEAN IF ANY OTHER CELEBRITY DIES THEIR FAMILY CAN SUE TOO. NO ONE CAN LIVE FOREVER.

DrAnne65

He was a very cute little boy and a good-looking young man before he started remodeling himself. I remember teaching my nephew how to moonwalk twenty-six years ago. But having been a pederasty victim, I don't have any sympathy for a pederast, and that's almost certainly what he was. A middle-aged adult sleeping with children not related to him almost certainly a pederast. What I am sorry for is whatever mental condition caused his bizarre conduct. My brother said, "He's the only person I know of who was born a black male and died a white woman." He should have had better judgment in terms of how to behave. He should have been a lot less spoiled. His alleged religion (I do not consider him a Christian, although his Church is Christian) didn't teach him to do this.

There is no reason a shot of Demerol by itself could cause death. He must have taken several other things, probably in high doses, before the Demerol. I can understand his doing that if he was in severe pain, but that doesn't jibe with his reported emotional state prior to the Demerol. NOBODY should take multiple pain remedies, anti-inflammatory meds, antidepressants, and muscle relaxers without KNOWING how much of each is safe in combination with the others. Due to several medical problems I take a lot of stuff, but I keep close track of it, and I NEVER take anything addictive for longer than two days in a row except in an unusual situation such as post-surgery.

purple

RIP Mike. Brought fresh memories of one of my youngest uncles. He was a twin. He use to imitate Michael when I was younger and he stayed on top of information. When we heard mike passed, it just brought up the past and it really sddened my family because we could remember when my uncle would do all the moves. RIP Biggie (Stevie). We miss and love you. Hopefully, you now get to meet your favorite pop star. To michael's family, may God comfort you at this time may you despite all the drama, stay close to one another and be there for one another. We will be praying for you. He was human just like all of us, Not excluded from life's daily stressors. We can't be judgemental because we all have skeletons. Get it together world.
And for Laura H, get your tired ass off. No one wants to hear your talk. We know all about those things. Small minded ass.

DrAnne65

Cardeteller said: "Most drug addicts and alcoholics become that way from some sort of inner pain; whether real or imagined."

Most alcoholics and drug addicts become that way because they are self-medicating an imbalance in their body chemistry such that their body does not produce enough endorphins for the receptor cells in the brain. They don't know that's what they're doing, most of the time, but a good antidepressant and a LOT of BALANCED Vitamin B will stop addiction cold in its tracks.

Ngoz Nwankwo

May you rest in peace.

mia

What ever happened to live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse?

agent orange 1221

Agent M diddent die , He just went home. thats all

Louise

A sick human being is what he was. People need to wake up and quit hero worshipping such sick evil in this world.