Jackson's Death -- Demerol OD?

6/26/2009 9:54 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Micheal Jackson DemerolThere are reports ... Michael Jackson may have died after getting a Demerol injection.

The Sun is reporting shortly after the injection, Jackson's breathing got "slower and slower until it stopped."

We cannot confirm this story. We can say, however, that after Jackson was badly burned during the filming of a Pepsi commercial, he became addicted to painkillers and ended up at the Betty Ford Clinic. As for the painkillers, there are reports he was given Demerol.

In addition, during the child molestation trial, cops seized syringes and drugs, including Demerol.

babjt1972

Never proven to be a child molester? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? An innocent man DOES not pay $20 mill "hush money" for something he didnt do! His NeverLand was nothing but a spiders web spun to catch little boys! He ADMITTED in an interview that he liked to "share" his bed with little boys. THE DUDE LIKED LITTLE BOYS! WHY does the words "little boys" keep showing up? THE MAN WAS A CHILD MOLESTER!

Allknowingone

Everyone needs to stop blaming the friggin' doctors for the overdose deaths of prescription addicts. MJ went to rehab in the '90's for opiate addiction. Upon coming out of rehab sober, he knew that he could never have these drugs in his system again, at any dose. To start on them again, is asking for death. He knew this and he made the decision to fill a prescription for them anyway, at some point. He decided to resume his use of opiate painkillers. Nobody forced them on him and he clearly knew the risk he was taking. When you tell a dr you are in pain, they are legally not allowed to tell you that you're not. They have to give you something. That law is there to protect people who are genuinely in pain. Opiate addiction is a progressive condition where the addict must take more and more over time in order to get any sort of high or pain relief from them. Not all who take pain meds are addicts but anyone who takes them on a regular basis will have a dependency meaning that if they stop taking them, they will experience physical symptoms of withdrawal. Michael was taking his opiates to get high or to escape psychological pain but that is not the fault of his doctors. Michael knew the risks and took them anyway. That is what addiction is all about. No Dr can force a patient into rehab or make them get clean. It is up to the addict to decide that and want it for themselves. Stop blaming the medical profession for the weaknesses and bad decision making of patients otherwise the people who really need these types of meds to physically be able to function will not be able to get them at the doses they need over time.

yvette

I almost died with a shot of Demoral in 2006 the doctor gave me after complications from a previous spinal tap. About an hour after I got the shot, (a friend drove me home), I suddenly could not breathe and slowly began to lose consciousness. I even saw "the bright white light" people say you see when you are on verge of dying. It was the most horrible thing I went through and wouldn't wish it on anyone. My friend ran out the car and into KMart and called 911. The ambulance got me within 8 minutes my friend told me (thank God they came quick). I was rushed to emergency - where they gave me doses of Benedryl which is normally used for allergic reactions. When I found out about Michael getting the Demoral shot and reading what he went through...then dying....gosh...it just brought me back to that day when I could have been in his shoes...

Whoever

Until the toxicology report comes back we wont know for sure. But, if it was a Demerol OD - then the Doctor needs to go away for a long, long time. Michael Jackson in no way needed something that strong for pain. I am under pain management and I know these medications very well. Honestly, I dont like going to the hospital with my back so bad they have to give me that or Dilaudid. If you are at that level.. something is drastically wrong. IF, again, IF, it comes back as this, then Michael truly was addicted to Narcotics in a BIG way. He shouldnt have had a doctor around just giving him what he wanted... I'm really afraid this is what happened. He probably said "Give me 100mg of Health tonic because I'm in alot of pain today"... after having eaten some other meds earlier. This is how you die from this stuff.

chickenman

MICHEAL IS A DRUG ADDICT THAT WENT OVERBOARD....BOTTOMLINE....HE;S A GREAT ARTIST BLA BLA BLA...
BUT IT SHOWS WHEN YOU HAVE MONEY YOU CAN OBTAIN ANY NARCOTIC YOU WISH,AT ANY TIME,ANY PLACE,
r.i.p DRUGS KILL .... LONELY IN HEAVEN

johnnycewe

Pervert, dope feind, pederast, his legacy
maybe the flame caused brain damage, a real frankenstein, Makes Keith Richards look like a normal guy. Jackson was a freak and anyone who thinks different, like everyone of his Japanese fans , he is no pop hero and if you think he is would you allow your kids to share his bed as an act of love? Good riddance to the king of sicko. He should be the posterboy for NAMBLA

I_H8_NGRS

drugs, I;m shocked!!

Jojo

first!!!

confused

I wanna know where Janet is...Does anyone KNOW?

jocuri

What is Demerol?
Demerol is in a group of drugs called narcotic pain relievers. It is similar to morphine.
Demerol is used to treat moderate-to-severe pain.
Demerol may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Demerol may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Demerol should never be given to another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. Do not drink alcohol while you are taking Demerol. Dangerous side effects or death can occur when alcohol is combined with a narcotic pain medicine.Check your food and medicine labels to be sure these products do not contain alcohol. Never take more than your prescribed dose of Demerol. Tell your doctor if the medicine seems to stop working as well in relieving your pain. Demerol can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. Do not stop using Demerol suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Talk to your doctor about how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when stopping the medication.

broken

It explains the Dr. being there before the paramedics doing cpr on MJ as the paramedics showed up. There is a big big story here...wait for it.

Shellz

Let's not start the rumor mill. Noone let him live in peace. Can he have peace in his death?? Please? Anyone out there.

Valerie

Poor Michael..never had a "normal" life...he was doomed from the beginning.

mrs. brand

Drugs. It's ALWAYS drugs, isn't it? Figures. And now he's gone. The end. Sad.

Rob the medic

whacko jacko's last words, "take me to the children's ward!"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments