Michael Jackson's Demerol Tonic

6/27/2009 10:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonMichael Jackson had a habit of getting Demerol injections -- he even had a special name for them.

We're told Jackson called it "health tonic." He would have a doctor inject him because, we're told, he didn't like needles.

Our sources have told us Jackson was injected with Demerol at 11:30 AM the day he died. Shortly thereafter Jackson went into cardiac arrest.

You'll recall, Jackson also had a name for wine -- Jesus juice.

Usagi

Gary

Why was there not a defibrillator at his house??
Most people know that prescription narcotics inhibit the respiratory system.
Michael Jackson had a Doctor at his home.
I don't understand!

missypooh68

WOW!!!, WOW!!!,WOW!!!!.......I AM IN TOTAL SHOCK!!!!!! I'M SITTING HERE READING THE POSTS ,AND COMMENTS THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY MATURE ,COMPASSIONATE HUMAN BEINGS!!!!!!THE WHOLE WORLD HAS LOST A MUSICAL LEGEND,ICON AND GENIUS IN HIS OWN RIGHT,AND THE BEST SOME OF YOU CAN DO IS TO MAKE CRUEL, HURTFUL AND HARMFUL JOKES!!!!!! YOU ACT AS IF YOU KNEW MICHAEL JACKSON PERSONALLY, LIVED IN HIS HOUSE, OR AS IF HE HAS ASKED YOU A THOUSAND TIMES TO GET HIM SOME PAINKILLERS, OR TO GATHER UP A VAN LOAD OF LIL BOYS TO BRING TO HIS HOUSE. DONT YOU KNOW THAT THOSE ALLEGATIONS WERE MADE ONLY FOR MONETARY GAIN!!!!!!!! DO ANY OF YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE EVERY SICK AND PERVERTED STORY THAT IS REPORTED ON CELEBRITIES????? MANY YEARS AGO I ASKED MYSELF WHO IS THE ONE CELEBRITY (ALIVE OR DEAD) THAT ALL RACES,NATIONALITY OR GENDER ABSOLUTELY LOVE, AND THE ANSWER IS MICHEAL JACKSON!!! BUT NOW THAT HE HAS PASSED ON TO A PLACE WHERE,HE WILL NEVER BE RIDICULED OR POINTED AT, (SIMPLY BECAUSE IN OUR MINDS WE THINK HE SHOULD BEHAVE ANOTHER WAY) AND ALL OF THIS IS FROM THE PEOPLE WHO CLAIMS TO BE FANS OF HIS WORK, AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER! FOR HIS FAMILY SAKES I HOPE NONE OF THEM ARE READERS OF TMZ.COM, BECAUSE THEY SHOULD HAVE IMMEDIATELY DELETED ALL OF THOSE HARSH COMMENTS, AND LEAVE THE SPACE FOR TRUE FANS OF MICHEAL JACKSON. NOW FOR YOUR OWN SAKE I HOPE KARMA DON'T COME AROUND AND KNOCK YOU UPSIDE YOUR HEAD( ON SECOND THOUGHT.......) BECAUSE IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, KEEP YOUR DAMN MOUTH SHUT AND STOP TYPING!!!!! FOR ONCE, JUST THIS TIME, HOLD BACK ON WHAT YOU ARE THINKING, AND SAY TO YOURSELF..."NAW, I CANT SAY THAT ABOUT HIM" I REALLY, REALLY DIDNT WANT TO READ THESE COMMENTS, BECAUSE I KNEW ALL IT WOULD TAKE IS ONE IDIOT TO OPEN UP THE FLOOD GATES!!!!!! LISTEN AND WATCH SOME OF THE "TRUE STORIES" LIKE ON THE "E" CHANNEL,LISTEN TO ALL THOSE STARS YOUNG, AND OLD TALK ABOUT MICHAEL. THEY WERE THE ONES WHO REALLY KNEW HIM AND LOVED HIM. DO YOU THINK ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE ARE WRONG,OR WERE MISLED,OR JUST TURNED A BLIND EYE TO THE TRUE MICHAEL?????? MICHAEL JACKSON LOVED EVERYBODY, AND ALL HE WANTED WAS TO BE ACCEPTED AND LOVED IN RETURN................. MICHAEL JACKSON, I HOPE AND PRAY THAT YOU HAVE FOUND PEACE AND IS ABLE TO REST COMFORTABLY IN YOUR NEW HOME,I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf

Usagi

There is a picture of Anna Nicole being taken out of the hotel room. It looks just like this one of MJ. She at that point was dead and her eyes were closed.

Evelyn Montesano

Here in Brazil everybody are very sad about the death. I worked with him in a videoclip and i can´t believe that Michael isn´t here anymore. All his friends are in shock.

wtf

Usagi

Also don't forget this was a pain medication. It works fast and knocks you out. There is a good chance he fell asleep/passed out and then died. I used to be shot with a lot of pain meds after a bad back injury. They will knock you silly.

Sherlyn

i dont think so that it s importatnt that how did he called the injection,or his "juice"...you'd better think about,and wirte about the real truth,and not about MJs crazy things...

Usagi

84 - I guess that's true. I'm curious to see the results of the autopsy though. If he had a cardiologist with him he must have had some health problems.

laura

Michael used to use demerol since years . he wrote a song called Morphin about that.
Anyway he's an angel forever...I will never forget him.
Never forget his genius, his fantastic smile, his amaizing voice.
I'll never forget his sence of humour, his heart, his music.
MJ I Love u...You were a gift from god...a real Gift.
RIP...

Dee

Just look up the side effects of demerol, um. The major hazards of meperidine, as with other narcotic analgesics, are respiratory depression and, to a lesser degree, circulatory depression; respiratory arrest, shock, and cardiac arrest have occurred. wow!! It's too bad this happened. They say fpr adults the usual dosage is 50 mg to 150 mg orally, every 3 or 4 hours as necessary. Dosage should be adjusted according to the severity of the pain and the response of the patient. Meperidine is less effective orally than on parenteral ( administration. The dose of DEMEROL should be proportionately reduced (usually by 25 to 50 percent) when administered concomitantly with phenothiazines and many other tranquilizers since they potentiate the action of DEMEROL. Interesting isn't it?

Respectful1

TMZ, please refrain from your usual crass, a-hole, disrespectful jokes and comments regarding Michael Jackson during this time of bereavement & reflection for his family and fans who loved him! This man was a one-of-a-kind artist, humanitarian, musical force, business man and innovator in his time, and should be recognized & honored for this at this time, now that he's just 48hrs dead! Now, I applaud you all for being the first to break this story, but please...Have some class & respect!
Everything is not a punchline and this man has a mother, father, sister, brother, nieces, nephews and children who are deeply deeply in pain & loss over this extraordinary man! There will be time enough in a month or two after his burial, where the media will start to trash and sensationalize the negative aspects of his life...but for now, You should all try really hard to be human beings with some semblance of respect. Thank You!

kath

I respect that MJ was an icon and a good man. I do not believe he was a guilty of molesting children. I am aware that he did a lot of humanitarian fund raising. I respect that his family are in mourning. But people like missypooh #85 dont seem to be appreciating that there are indisputable facts here. He was a global icon and therefore people will talk, speculate and give opinions, whether others approve of them or not.

I hadnt realised up to now how apt his 97 song 'morphine' was. It would seem like demerol has been a part of his life for a very long while before his death:

Attorneymom

Dr. Conrad Murray, your azz is in trouble. The only person I feel sorry for is Katherine Jackson. I am praying for her.

My heart is deeply saddened for Katherine Jackson. I cannot stop thinking about her. I hate for any mother to have to bury a child.

During MJ’s career, she had to watch him experience the extremes of success - love and pain. She had to watch her son - the most talented man to ever grace the planet Earth – self destruct right before her eyes because even with all that talent he never took the opportunity to love himself or fully accept himself.

He spent his time wanting to go back to a place in his life that was never to be again – childhood. Once it is over, it is over. And no amount of money or plastic surgery can bring it back.

The stage is where he felt the most comfortable. However, you cannot live your life on stage at all times. He was off stage more than he was on stage. While off stage, it is hard for him to ignore his pain and self hatred. And Katherine had to stand in the wings and quietly (sometimes crying) watch her beautiful and gifted baby destroy himself.

Depression and mental illness should be taken more seriously within our society and the healthcare community. Medical professional have to do more than just write a prescription. The church, medical profession and holistic practitioners have to come together and create more holistic approaches to mental illness and depression and make it more assessable to the general public.

géraldine

repose enfin en paix Mickael ! Tout mes sincères condolèances à la famille . Adieux l'artiste !! Géraldine

kath

80. Kath - 76 - I believe that's him but dead people have open eyes unless someone shuts them. If this was a photo from an actual emergency scene there wouldn't have been time to shut the eyes like that.

Posted at 5:19AM on Jun 27th 2009 by Usagi

USAGI, whether the deceased's eyes are open or closed all depends on whether they were awake/asleep conscious/unconscious when they died!! Besides reports say that paramedics wanted to call time of death at Jacksons house, meaning by the time they got him to the ambulance to transport him to the hospital, they already thought he was dead and they may very well have already closed his eyes, if it was the case that he died with them open!! But hopefully he would have been drowsy, asleep or dozing at the time of his death if he had been injected with strong painkillers.

This was no publicity stunt. I think MJ and some of his entourage new it was coming. Reports of MJ possibly suffering from cancer? Recently appointed entourage doctor? Nobody seems particularly panicked or shocked or rushed in the 911 call recording. Maybe MJ had had enough and wanted it to happen? We'll never know!