Jackson Never Adopted Kids

6/30/2009 12:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonWe've learned Michael Jackson never adopted his three children, even though he's not the biological father.

We broke the story that neither Jackson nor Debbie Rowe are the biological parents of Michael Jr. and Paris. And Michael was not the biological parent of Prince Michael II either.

Now here's the rub. We've learned Jackson never filed legal papers to adopt any of his children. Legal experts tell us Jackson would be presumed the father but it's not conclusive by any means.

As for why Jackson didn't formally adopt -- we're told at the time the kids were born there was no third party whom he believed would try and claim custody. For some reason, Jackson never thought Debbie Rowe would mount a custody challenge.

Prince Mike

I am sure those kids are very happy their "father" has just died. It must be like being on death row and waking one morning to find your cell door open. Thank god he won't be molesting them any more.

hamilTonyan

So what did he do buy them? I hope they find the receipt.

SerHuo

You guys, what is going across your damn mind. Leave this guy rest in peace. All of this bcz the giy was so spetacular. Envy in life, envy in death, plz people.
TMZ. pls, gossiping at this level does not help. Hope u ar eright, othewise, plz, keep in mind to ask apology in the same way u are posting all of this mess (not of Michael, but of u guys of TMZ...
RIP MJ

Robin

He doesn't need to adopt them reguardless of who the egg donor or sperm donor is they are his kids period stop making more problems. My family has the same deal with a baby born from donated spermand egg and no adoption was nessecary. So please stop and think of these kids and the rest of the family before you report this stuff!

fordtocarr

I really wonder if Michael was anorexic. He'd fast for 40 days, he'd do the colonic thing... he LOOKS like it and really, that is how you die of anorexia. Maybe the coroner was getting the colonic stuff and things of the such anorexics use. People LOOK at him. They speculate his weight was 108. His face looks like a long time anorexic. If he were, his heard would go into cardiac arrest. And now...geez...TMZ...is this just tabloid reporting on the childrens conception?? I can see that the children look like Michael...NOW!! I think that may be why he continued to alter his nose and features LATELY. To look more like his children. Cuz, really, Michael didn't have the white skin as a youth, so should we believe his children just totally got Debbie's skin and also Blanket's mothers too? Or were they BORN with the same virtilego as MJ? Such a mess. I'm sure it would've destroyed him anyhow to have seen all his life erupting like a volcano when he just lived to get the love he never go from Joe.

Bahamian

it does not matter if he's the biological father or not. A father is the person who loves, take care of the children and have their best interest at heart. That's exactally what he did. Leave the man the hell alone. Let him rest in peace and his kids go on to have somewhat a normal life and remember the loving times they had with their father MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!!!!

LcrazyC

I CAN'T STAND THE FACT THAT PEOPLE WANT TO JUGDE MICHAEL BECAUSE OF WHAT THE MEDIA HAS SAID ABOUT HIM!
I AM DEEPLY SADDEN BY HIS DEATH AND KNOW THAT HE WASN'T RIGHT IN THE HEAD ,BUT WHO THE F**K IS RIGHT IN THE HEAD NOW AND DAYS!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE WE ALL FOUND OURSELVES ROCKING TO ONE OF HIS SONGS , EVEN HE U LIKED HIM OR NOT!
SO, STOP JUDGING AND LET HIM REST IN PEACE!

Tink44

Oh what a tangled web he wove...

:what ev errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Give it a rest TMZ. Gosh this poor man can't rest in peace. The Jackson family will take care of these kids. Life WILL and DOES go on. What's it matter to any of us who's kids they really are.

hahahaha!

Good info Josie .. thanks!

Deborah Julius

Whether Michael Jackson is the biological father or not, he is not the only man in America or the world , who has fathered children who are not biologically their own, and not adopted them. Case in point "me". Is it that important as long as he was a good provider, loved them, and cared for them as though they were? The only reason I can think of why this would be a concern, is for future medical related issues that may come up with the children in the future. I can think of no reasons to make public circus of this matter, other than to promote negative information, and cause extremely evil torment to his already grieving , family , friends, and fans. Remember you reap what you sow, so careful how you treat others, it could come back to haunt you.

mimom

I can not believe how stupid some people are. They are his kids in the eyes of the law. If you are married to someone and even if she has a baby by another man, the man you are married to is legally the father. You do not adopt if you are married and artificially insemenated. I think TMZ needs to consult an attorney before they write such junk. How about thinking of the KIDS.....they may not have been told all the details yet, they are so young. I have a 25 year old adopted son and all through school there are ignorant people who still think it makes a difference.

karen

if Michael & Debbie had an agreement with the fertility doctor that implanted the fertilized eggs back to Debbie then no adoption is necessary. My son is from donor sperm and eggs and I carried him for 9 months; no adoption necessary. My husband & I are both in the agreement. It's not clear to me whether Michael & Debbie were married at the time.

Lori

It is amazing to me how deeply MJ was in submersed into his own
little world. I realize he was so famous that he had to retreat...
but he was a man with three children and the minute that first child
was born he really needed to GROW UP and provide for them legally and
financially. And if he really did not have a will... yeesh! I mean,
if you have kids, you need to have a will! This is not a case of he
has one child born last week and he hasn't gotten around to it yet!
He was BEYOND naive to the point where when it came to his personal
life, he was just plain stupid. Yes he was a great entertainer, but
the way he ran his life was just freaking bizarre!

My two cents

He never, "adopted" them because it would be public record and he never wanted it to be known he was not the father. Arnie Klein never would have gone after those kids, nor would have Debbie. They were paid HANDSOMELY for their part in those children's birth.