MJ's Animals Won't Flock Back to Neverland

6/30/2009 4:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If Neverland Ranch is turned into a memorial site for Michael Jackson, don't expect MJ's once beloved animals to make a triumphant return.

Michael Jackson Neverland Ranch Click to view!

We spoke to Tippi Hedren -- who runs the Shambala Preserve in California where MJ's former tigers (Thriller and Sabu) live -- and she said, "The animals will not be going back ... they're staying with me at the sanctuary."

We also talked to Freddie Hancock -- the owner of the Voices of the Wild Foundation in Arizona which houses MJ's giraffes, birds and reptiles -- and she told us, "These animals have become a part of our lives as they were a part of Michael's ... [the return to Neverland] would depend on a variety of circumstances."

too many stupid ppl

megan, no one cares bout dat dumb brod heidi, they r wannabe celebrities!! n all of u guys need to stop disrespecting MJ, he is gone now n let him rest in peace to all u haters

tloc

I have been to the Neverland Ranch before; I have a friend who is good friends with the family. Have to say one of the most surreal things I have ever done. Clearly seeing the property there was a sense of sadness, that a man had to build a fantasy world to this extreme. Was very disturbing, Michael clearly suffered from "Peter Pan Syndrome". R.I.P. Mj

Harvey Lee Roth

REALLY GAY!

Wendy

Rick - you have to be one of the most insightful commenters on here -- and that says a lot. I'm sure your bonus check is on the way, along with every other person who has posted such intelligent and informed commentary about the death of a revolutionary cultural icon. Let me know how you make and I hope you spend some of the money from your check spreading the wise words of Rick and opening our eyes to the infinite knowledge you surley have.

Jayme

Our local news station, KLTV in Tyler,TX, did a story on last nights news that Michael Jackson's ex-tigers (Sabu and Thriller) are here locally. Someone is lying to get some attention!!

Read the article and watch the clip here...

nahnah

sooooo, jackson loved animals too. does that mean he was an animal molester? RIP, MJ.

Corey Feldman is the king of douche!

Who is going to get custody of little Corey Feldman?

Jessica

The animals in East Texas were taken back 8 months after he got them back in 98 or 99.... needless to say he got a second set of tigers, and like George Foreman isn't very creative with the name.

pinkronin67

If you don't have ANYTHING nice to say about someone be they alive or died then shut up & quit bitchin. Will someone say something nice about you if you die, think about it.

Too much evil and hate in this world.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

OK, #13, I got a hearty laugh out of that one. Good work. (Also actually sounds like something Flynt would do.)

It's him for sure

NOT TRUE!!!!!!! I will be there in my tie and suit to greet all the fans! Just bring me my damn banana's!

WHOOP WHOOP!! WHOOPY DOOPY DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMansLife

haha nice check out the blog http://askthecollegekid.blogspot.com/

pam

Good for her! Keep the animals in a safe place..good for her!

kade

Bubbles is NOT dead. He's in Florida.

Now, I do think MJ shares a lot of the blame with making Chimps look like acceptable pets. Bubbles certainly isn't so cute and cuddly now.

Nicole

R I P MJ....
I just wanted to say HOW CRUEl ...take away the home he loved with all his heart...NOW they wanna give it back as a remembrance for him ... how cruel! just cruel!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments