Liz Taylor Avoiding Jackson Memorial 'Whoopla'

7/6/2009 7:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guest list for tomorrow's Michael Jackson Staples Center memorial is pretty prestigious -- but one person who definitely won't be there: Dame Elizabeth Taylor.

Elizabeth Taylor Twitter
Taylor just wrote on her Twitter: "I've been asked to speak at the Staples Center. I cannot be part of the public whoopla.
And I cannot guarantee that I would be coherent to say a word. I just don't believe that Michael would want me to share my grief with millions of others. How I feel is between us. Not a public event. I said I wouldn't go to the Staples Center and I certainly don't want to become a part of it. I love him too much."

And, for the record, she also writes she's "not on suicide watch."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

tommy

good for her

The Truth

Proud2bBlack

Liz we all know how much you loved and adored Michael, so feel free to grieve in your own private space.

R.I.P Michael

linda

Good for you, Elizabeth. Someone with a brain.

Ashleeee

ABOUT TIME THIS WOMAN STEPPED UP!!!!!!!!! WASN'T THIS SUPPOSE TO BE MICHAEL'S BEST FRIEND???

reggie

Good for You Liz ! You're a Class Act ! It's going to be a circus anyway...Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson is enough of a reason Not to Show Up ! They are a Disgrace to the American Public! Remember Michael in You and Heart and Music...

SUN

Michael love you lots, and the world knew it. I am sure, you know what he would want, and you are a class-act.

agnieszka

she loved him so much!

awakewoman

...and so...you Twittered about it?

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

She probably stays more whacked-up on dope than her pedo buddy did.

Wise choice there, Dame Noncoherence.

TEAMBRANCA

Dame Elizabeth you are so classy and I am so glad you were his friend.

Amazing

Good for you Liz. All this Hoopla is all about making money, it has nothing to do with grieving.

vile comments

addressed to former Gavin Arvizo... / GAVIN ARVIZO

You’ve changed your name but I’m sure you read TMZ these days. Please read the whole post.

It’s pretty obvious that adults made you lie... and here’s just one example: "During the course of an August 2003 police interview, the boy alternately said that Jackson molested him "less than five times," "a total of five times," and "about seven times," according to a law enforcement account of the Q&A.“

Later, in the trial, the number of alleged molestations was reduced to two as the timeline jibed with MJ’s and your stays at Neverland.

You were mocked by friends, obsessed fans hated you... – and you suffered by the results of what lawyers, your mother and others started. You had to change your name and move. Your whole life changed and probably feel anger and disappointment.

But could you imagine the hate, pain and disgrace Michael Jackson had to bear? It’s a miracle he survived over years all the sensational, unfactual media reports which must have hurt him so much. He was acquitted by a jury but your accusations and the media have convicted him.

If you address yourself to a quality paper or reputable tv station, like for example the newspaper LA Times or CNN, they sure would protect your identity. Don’t go to any tabloid or blog. They will hurt you more.

Now Michael Jackson died... but it’s on you to clear his name if you lied to the world about his actions. It’s not too late, Gavin! Truth but also false allegations outlast life.

Keegan

Bless her heart. I don't blame her. I wonder if she is going to his private burial. I hope so.

Hugs to all the fans as we mourn MJ in our own personal way

Pablo

great for her...but, if it's so between them why does she post it so much in twitter?
a bit contradictory from my view.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments