Betty White Dead?

'Today' Makes Grave Mistake

7/8/2009 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've lost a lot of icons recently -- but no matter what NBC says, Betty White isn't one of 'em!

Today Show: Click to watch
During a report yesterday morning at Forest Lawn Cemetery, "Today's" Michael Okwu listed the "Golden Girl" as one of the celebrities already buried there.

Meredith Vieira corrected him -- he probably meant Bette Davis.

Lynne

Dumb ass reporter!

syl

This is why I watch ABC for MY news!

Sandra D

I think he meant or said Barry White.

Iselin007

With the rapid loss of celebs over the pass few weeks the error could of been taken as the truth. Recently one of the "Golden Girls " did die but it wasn't Betty White.

Shawn

I understand that this was a mistake, we as a society need to stop being so critical. No one and I mean no one is perfect, yes this could have caused people close to the actress to be very upset, but lets get real. I am a nurse, with the good lords help and my knowledge, I hope I never make a mistake, but people are people and we make mistakes.

Iselin007

The Golden Girl who did pass away recently was Bea Arthur.

renoshay

The news is nothing more than sensational BS,gossip,and advertising for reality shows as well as non stop paid ads for drug companies ect. this MJ reporting is sooooo over the top I cant stand it.they did spend a lot of time on him when he was accused of molesting kids huh? now he's another pay day for the media and they are eating it up.You go Betty White! the media sucks!!!!!!!!

MWEST

Mistakes happen, I am glad Betty White is not dead. I had the pleasure of meeting her and she is VERY GRACIOUS and CARING. On another note about the notables at Forest Lawn, they reported Lucille Ball is burried there.....WRONG. Lucy was moved from Forest Lawn to her homwtown of Jamestown, New York about 3 years ago, by her children Lucie and Desi Jr.

Mike

I think this is the same guy who said "this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Michael Jackson will only die once."

Long live Betty White! I love everything she's done, even the short-lived "Betty White Show" with John Hillerman and Georgia Engel, and "Maybe This Time" with Marie Osmond.

Anonymous

Ridiculous comments to NBC/Today. This is a once in a lifetime honest error which I am sure they are sorry for. To my knowledge, a celebrity error of this sort has NEVER been made by them or at least spoken on national TV in all the 25-30 years I have been watching their show. Cannot say that much for FOX network!!!!!!!!! So save your nasty comments for FOX.

sher

whoever said Betty is a iv drug is sick

crystal

its BS comments made by desperate reporters that jump the gun. on another note to prove what i m saying ......most of us knew when that DIAMOND witch jumped the gun about MJ being a C molester she leaked it out to gain fame b4 anyone else and now that the chandler boy feels the guilt for lying and coming forward with his story now ......its remarkable u dont see them exhonerating michael ON THE NEWS .not one NEWS SOURCE HAS BROKE THAT STORY !!!!!!!!!! why? because if they did looks like they will all look like fools for daming MJ the way they did. i hope evryone involed including that kids fathr gets slapped with charges for what he made his son do .and i hope the DIAMOND women GETS HERS TOO >SHE DONTT DESERVE A TV SPOT to anchor news and she sure doesnt deserve a happy life from here on out for what she put MJ through.and i hope once and for all they shut down these rag magazines like star and inquirer all they r in my book is smut . and i would love for the jackson family to sue the pants off of every tabloid that bashed michael. RIP MICHAEL il never foget the day u walked into my radio station and i had the pleasure of meeting u and having dinner with u. my faith in u never faltered .i for one have a brain and i donnot accuse someone just by what the damn press puts out there .more than half of the stuff they report is bogus anyway .will always love u my friend

yohan

first goober

yankees26

dummmy

Anthony

HERE WE GO AGAIN, THE RACE HATERS AND THE IGNORANTS!!!
LET IT GO MAN, THIS IS, AND WAS NEVER YOUR COUNTRY...
DEAL WITH IT!!!
KKK ARE TERROISTS, HAS ALWAYS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!