Betty White Dead?

'Today' Makes Grave Mistake

7/8/2009 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've lost a lot of icons recently -- but no matter what NBC says, Betty White isn't one of 'em!

Today Show: Click to watch
During a report yesterday morning at Forest Lawn Cemetery, "Today's" Michael Okwu listed the "Golden Girl" as one of the celebrities already buried there.

Meredith Vieira corrected him -- he probably meant Bette Davis.

Hatetexas4ever

merideth vieira is a useless skank. something about her just gets under my skin. dumb biatch.

KatyKatt

Why don't you have a way to report the inappropriate comments you claim you will remove? Everyone else does. It's a good system.

That being said, I'm glad Betty is still with us. I love the sweet, silly character she plays. She's also an animal lover. Long live Betty White!

cmarg

Another Today show inaccuracy. The Today show is not a news show. It just does empty- headed entainment and gossip news. And it can't even get the gossip right.

Sheila

Sorry Betty White; however, Meredith doesn't always write her own stuff.... way too much coverage on MJ can get confusing. I can't believe all the basic cable channels changing schedules to accomodate a funeral for someone other than a president. This reminded me of the royal wedding between Prince Charles and Princess Di.

thecutestkitty

I heard Michael Okwu say that and I sais out loud, "WHAT? Betty White is not dead!!" I guess like Mark Twain she can say, "Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated".

thecutestkitty

Ugh... typo. I meant SAID.

The Dreamer Who Pursues

Wow. Some of the people on here who comment on these stories are completely ignorant.
Let's grow up and be mature please? Why does anybody feel the need to be racist or discriminatory towards anyone? Michael Jackson was just a person like you and I. Sure he made a couple of mistakes along the way, but we all do. The only difference between a celebrity and ourselves is that our lives aren't broadcasted all over the news and media. Our lives aren't rumored and gossiped about worldwide like some soap opera. Has anyone ever thought about the fact that maybe celebrities go through their fits of insanity because people are too judgemental and believe everything they hear on the news and in magazines? Maybe they just want to be left alone. Realize this even if you choose to never accept anything that isn't something you believe in again.

Vanilla Bean

To: Posted at 3:33PM on Jul 8th 2009 by Jamie Foxx is ill

Your comments are simply asinine and fraught with hateful vitriol. If you have a less than amiable inclination towards Michael Jackson established upon the premise that he is a sub-par entertainer, that is wholly your opinion. That aside, the mere coincidence that the reporter is of a distinct ethnicity is irrelevant to the inadvertent transgression whereby he stated that Betty White was buried in that particular cemetery. To suggest otherwise is but a mental aberration on your part.

Boo

If she was Betty Black, we would be having an international celebration. Anyone else tired of the reverse discrimination?

TERRY

I TOO AM SOOOO TIRED ABOUT THIS AND THAT BEING BLACK!
I AM JUST SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THIS BLACK NEWS. WHAT HAPPENED TO CIVIL RIGHTS? I THOUGHT THAT BLACKS WANTED EQUAL RIGHTS? WASN'T THAT WHAT THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT WAS ABOUT?
BUT YET I KEEP HEARING BLACK THIS AND BLACK THAT ALL THE TIME!
MICHAEL JACKSON'S DEATH SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABOUT UNITING THE WORLD REGARDLESS OF SKIN COLOR.
HIS MUSIC BROUGHT PEOPLE TOGETHER BUT HIS DEATH SEEMS TO BE MORE ABOUT BLACK AND WHITE.
THIS IS NOT WHAT HE WOULD HAVE WANTED.
IF WHITE PEOPLE HAD THEIR OWN WHITE AWARD SHOWS, THEN EVERYONE WOULD BE UP IN ARMS...SAME AS WITH WHITE ONLY SCHOLARSHIPS....
WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST MOVE ON AND BECOME ONE NATION INSTEAD OF THIS BLACK AND WHITE SHEET?
MICHAEL JACKSON DIED. HE WAS NOT THE BEST ENTERTIANER IN THE WORLD. THAT IS ONLY AN OPINION.
I THOUGHT HE WAS A GREAT ENTERTAINER BUT NOT THE BEST. BUT THAT IS ONLY MY OPINION.
WHEN IS EVERYONE GOING TO GET OVER THIS BLACK AND WHITE SHEET? IT ONLY DIVIDES THE COUNTRY.
AND JUST BREAKS MY HEART THAT PEOPLE ARE STILL TALKING BLACK VS. WHITE.
IT'S LIKE THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT MEANT NOTHING.

Jus plain Karen

My only comment is we must move on...we are born,,we live,,we die,,
and despite all our decision making,,we are human,,and what we may feel is best for one will also be poor judgement to others.
That is how I see the passing of Michael Jackson. My heart broke as I heard his daughter Paris speak how much she loved her Daddy, are we going to harm this child more and her siblings with our own prejudices?? Maybe this is why MJ hid his children the way he did..let him rest in peace,,it's not how he died,,it's not how he lived,,it's why he did so many things in seclusion and did not ask for any more than to be who he was..A man....

What a bunch of BIGOTS!!

Next thing you know they will be saying I'm Dead. GEEZEEEEE!!!!!!

Even Meredith doesn't know what she is talking about.Didn't Estelle Getty one of the other Golden Girls die in the Last year? Nevermind I looked it up ,YES she died a year ago. They both need to be fired now.

guywoj

I believe that this guy meant to say Barry White not Betty White. What can you say sometimes they just can not read there own notes.

ml

I quit watching NBC Today and NBC network long time ago. It because they belonged to General Electric.
I don't know what programs is on NBC anymore.

TMZ still ought to leave Betty White alone. She doesn't belong to TMZ. She doesn't like anyone say some bad negative thing about her. Betty is such a sweet lady. I am a big fan of her.

Staar

Sammy Davis Jr was a singer , a dancer, and an actor which makes him a better all around entertainer than MJ.
Micheal couldn't act and was not a friend of Frank Sinatra..