Nas -- I Don't Make What Kelis Thinks

7/13/2009 2:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nas -- I Don't Make What Kelis ThinksNas has fired back in his bitter divorce case with Kelis claiming he's paid her more than she says and he makes less than she thinks.

For starters, Kelis claims Nas raked in $11 million for his album deal. Nas fired back in legal papers, "I did not receive even half that amount"... claiming it's more like $4 mil. Nas claims his income is declining, and he's only pulling in $147,165 a month.

As for what he spends ... $71,371.96 a month, which includes $10,000 a month in clothing/hair/toiletries/personal effects.

Kelis, who is about to give birth to their child, claims Nas hasn't paid a penny for child or spousal support since he left her. Nas, who says he wants to be "fully involved" in the parenting of their child, claims he's agreed to pay $350 for a stroller, $450 for a baby sling and $1,598 for two cribs.

Nas thinks $5,000 a month is reasonable for child support since the kid will just be a newborn.

Nas And Kelis

Maggie

Oh poor Nas, I wish I was only pulling in $147,165 a month. F him and his whining!

Just sayin

What I want to know is, what the hell is that baby sling made out of? It's not like theres much to them....

and with an income of 147K/month his child support would be a lot more then 5k

K-Jay

Well, Kelis should be lucky she will even get $5k. While there are so many other REGULAR single mothers who can barely get 100 dollars a week for child support. She needs to count her blessings and STFU. I don't think Nas is being cheap or negligent. She is is just being greedy w/ her funny-looking ass.

econofemme

Hell I wish I has gotten a piece of $5000 a month for my child, I think he is being more than fair! I would take what I can get. Where in the flipity-flop is her money?

mztee

she is askin for waaaay to much, $5000 a month should be enough. number 1, why the hell does she need a nurse or a nanny, she doesnt work,and its only one child, I had 3 all under the age of 6 and I didn't need a nanny to help me take care of them, that's just plain lazy. Number 2, women need to stop depending on a man to take care of them, get your behind up and GET A JOB!!! I feel it's the mans job to HELP you take care of the kid, you are grown... you can take care of yourself.........

I'm Just Sayin....

tg

he's so cheap!! it's not like he has any talent or has done anything relevent to earn the ridiculous salary he is getting.

msix

Silly people...it's called GUIDELINES. It's not about what you think is fair, it's about what the LAW states are the guidelines. Alimony aside, in California, she will GET 20% of what he makes.... 20%. So, lets say he makes $10,000 a month, she will get $2000.00 a month NOT including the child care. If her child care is $800.00 a month, he will pay half of that in addition to the GUIDELINES. So, lets say he makes $100,000 a month....stay with me now. THE STATE WILL GIVE HER $20,000 a month for child support, plus his half of the child care, making that $20,500.00 a month. IT'S THE BABY'S MONEY, NOT HERS. The baby will live in the style that he/she deserves because the father brings in the dough. He better spend a little less on soap and facials. As he seeks out poor stupid Kim Kardashian look a likes, he better budget the dates or move in to her trailer....

Tonia

Most states will only take 3% or less of someone's income for child support. My ex made crap but was only supposed to pay $250.00 a month for 2 kids if he kept their medical insurance paid thru his employment. Never did either but since I wasn't on welfare and couldn't afford a lawyer, I got nada! This woman needs to quit whining.

michael jackson

Britney Spears pays either 15k or 20k a month for her 2 kids and she makes $786,000/month at the time it was awarded.

Gotcha

First of all she's asking for support for a baby that hasn't been born yet.

orlandojon

Who is NAS?

Just sayin

Britney also pays spousal support on top of child support AND employees Kfed as a nanny!

Sidney

Hmm. I've clearly got some time on my hands because I'm on TMZ. I see a story about two African American people I don't recognize. Perhaps I might utilize the same Internet capability to GOOGLE it, before I go shooting off my mouth. Well, that would make sense unless I'm really looking for a cowardly outlet to talk racist trash. Yeah, that's all I'm doing. I just wonder how dumb I look. It doesn't matter - the like-minded racists will love it, and they're the only ones who respect anything I have to say. Maybe I can offend some African Americans whose knowledge of history, current events, sociology, economics and psychology is as non-existent as mine. Otherwise no real harm done.

bettiebb

Who are these people and why are they famous? Blah, off with their heads.

margaret

she is just greedy why in the hell can't she get a job like the rest of us. that's the problem these bitches just want to get pregnant so they can get they hands on these guys money. He's working hard for his the business ain't no joke now dayz so stop depending on these guys to spoon feed you get a job and stop trying to get over on him.