Chris Brown

Apologizes for Rihanna Assault

7/20/2009 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've obtained a video of Chris Brown telling his fans how sorry he is over the Rihanna assault.

Chris Apology
Brown says he wanted to apologize earlier but couldn't on the advice of his lawyer.

Erica

This must have really affected his career because it looks as if he filmed this during his break working as a chef somewhere.
I think he regrets it only because it became such an uproar but I believe his shame.

OhNo

Day late, dollar short. You just want people to buy your crap again.

Sue

Not only was the beating horrible, he goes and LEAVES her at the scene. Didn't EVEN come to his senses
and make sure she was allright or needed medical care. WHAT A COWARD

C in OC

Chris Brown can kiss my ass, he is a piece of trash for hitting a girl and its disgusting and he should have his ass put in jail and see what will happen to his ass in there.

MADRADDER

All this is about, is him trying to get people to buy his new CD. He's mentioned recently he's working on one. I know he has high hopes for it, and I personally, can't wait to see it come out, watch it FLOP, and that will be the end of Chris Brown.

A.B.

Respect him? He should scrub the floor of a shelter for battered women and children. With a toothbrush.

Magan

To bad for you Chris, cause I doubt that people are going to buy your crap apology! It's a little to late, don't you think!

fs

Seriously can someone tell people of all ages, gender and races that it's ASK not AXE !!!! I live in Houston and a famous basketball player has a radio show and is always "axing" people questions. Pass it on !!!

Jeff

We all make mistakes in our lives, and I think it was brave of him to come out and say what he said. He still has a life ahead of him, and hopefully we can all learn to forgive him and forget about it, same with Rihanna, because its not good to hold grudges

Yolanda Nixon

If she hit him first, she got what she deserved.

I'm sorry Chris, all I heard was:
"blah blah blah im so sorry blah blah blah I'm running out of money blah blahhh"

How can you admire?

He can barely even talk, how does he manage to sing!

Amy

I'm sorry too that I'll never ever buy any of your music again. Jag!

londongirl

all of you make me laugh, uve been shouting for months for an apology and now u have one its not good enough,,,, tell u what why dont all of you write what you want him to say n have him read that lol... u all need to get over yourself... do you think u can break his career just because u wish to? stop being naive the music and film world isnt like that... if anything he will probably sell MORE records... just like more of u read about him and watch things on him than would have before this happened... thats the way of the world today everyone messes up no1 is perfect and people who have criminal records also have hit records its the way it is

MAX is SUPER HOT!

What a D-bag! If he was really sorry, why did he make that video of himself saying he's 'not a montser'? Or why was he seemingly reading of of a prompter screen??