Chris Brown

Apologizes for Rihanna Assault

7/20/2009 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've obtained a video of Chris Brown telling his fans how sorry he is over the Rihanna assault.

Chris Apology
Brown says he wanted to apologize earlier but couldn't on the advice of his lawyer.

Naomi

Just sayin'

BULL SH*T! He has a new album coming out ! That is the ONLY reason he is "apologizing" now! Remember that video he put on youtube where he was like You are all haters! blah blah blah!!!

Doucher!

gusterfan

what's with the Star Trek outfit?!?

HotMama76

you guys are so unfair - he admitted he did "something" - he took his punishment, he did not try to get off and say he was innocent. He admitted GUILT. He is publically saying sorry. GOODNESS! he is a young kid, who made a mistake. Give him a freaking break. Those of us who are reading TMZ, like this kind of crap, tht has no importance in our own lives. And some of you get off on being mean to celebrites hoping to hurt their feelings or their pocket$$. It doesnt, if anything brigns them more money! THIS TYPE OF ABUSE GOES ON IN THE WORLD ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT! At least Chris, is commiting to his consquences & making a public statement - he is not a coward and running away from it. He is manning up and is taking like a man should.

Chris, of course it shoud not have went down the way it did, and we still have not heard from the "other party" what really happened, but I am sure, her mouth played a part in your reaction. I am not making excuses for you - you should have controlled yourself but dang, it takes two to Tango (IN THIS CASE). If Ri-Ri aint tripping, why are you? It was a private matter that went public. How would you respond if all your dirt landed in the media on a daily basis.

Give the kid a break.

Stephanie Torres M.

Although it was one heck of a speech.. Its obvious to me he either memorized what to say or is reading from something. Thats why it probably took him months to come out and apologize. The jerk was taking his time writing the perfect speech. I am a believer in forgiveness; but I won't be listening to his music. How about coming out and saying don't blame the victim Chris. He should make some type of foundation or work close with one against domestic abuse for me to believe he's truly sorry..

fleiter

He's sorry he beat a young girl till she bled. He's a thug. This is not something you can apologize for with words. Maybe if he gave a million or so to a battered woman's shelter. But these are just hollow words. He should have gone to prison. Hopefully his career is over.

QE2

105. Seriously can someone tell people of all ages, gender and races that it's ASK not AXE !!!! I live in Houston and a famous basketball player has a radio show and is always "axing" people questions. Pass it on !!!

Posted at 4:39PM on Jul 20th 2009 by fs

********************************************************************************************************************************************
fs, I couldn't agree more. While "someone's at it" the "t" in often is always silent. Some people just never pay attention in high school English class! Or just don't go at all.

John Jacob

WOW! Well it looks like acting is not in Chris Brown's future either. He makes me sick.

Dissapointing

Forgiveness can only come if there is one of the 3R's: Remorse, Repentance, or Regret. No one can know his heart but our creator. Since actions speak louder than words, only time will tell. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt people, gosh. Constantly criticism is DEstructive, how about some CONstructive criticism to build instead of tear down, huh?

kissmiass

Chris I forgive you. You sound sincere to me. I just don't understand people who don't know how to forgive. It is in the BIBLE Christians! If Rihanna can forgive him why can't we? Everybody makes mistakes. Its not like he did it before. This was an isolated incident. Chris is still very young and came from a house of abuse. He has learned his lesson and promised us it will never happen again. Have a little compassion! He is very talented and I will buy his music again if its as good as his past music.

Liz

He messed up, and he's sorry. Simple as that. I wish him and his ex well.

A.B.

One last comment to all the forgiving people here, especially the girls and women: You can't change a person like this by being nice and compassionate. He only thinks you are suckers, easily duped. Just stay away from the beaters, be they talented or not.

John Jacob

Open letter to YOU ARE FORGIVEN CHRIS

You are a douche bag too.

SIENNA IS A HOMEWRECKING WHORE

125. Why would he wait until now to apologize? Does that make any sense? NO!!! He said that he grew up around domestic violence during his life. That's not an excuse. Too many people use that as an excuse. I'm only 15 and I grew up around domestic violence, you don't see me hitting my mother. He should've said sorry to Rihanna a few days after it happened. I don't know what the hell he was thinking of apologizing publicly now. This thing happened 5 months ago. I used to be fan of Chris , but now, I lost respect for him.

Posted at 4:49PM on Jul 20th 2009 by Naomi
**********************************************************
good for you Naomi, you sound very smart and logical for a 15 year old.

as for CB's apology, I'm not interested, it's only to save his crappy career now and is worthless. does he deserve a second chance? yeah sure...he got one. he didn't end up dead or in jail...had he beat ME up my dad and my brothers would make sure he ended up dead and that would be the only way he'd avoid jail time. as far as a "second chance" for his career...HELL NO, I will not spend one penny of my hard earned money to make this loser rich. let him go get a real job working at McDonald's or something similar like every other 19 year old, maybe then he will realize how blessed he was and how he ruined his own life by being an out of control violent animal. if the comments in this thread are any indication of how many fans he's got left then I say HA HA...might as well hang up your career now...quit while you're ahead loser. for every one naive, stupid little girl who is "still a CB fan" and "loves him for life" there are about 50 posts telling him to go shove it. I can't wait until his next album crashes and burns. buh buy breezy. you're done.

Maryl

Wow-AT LEAST he is admitting to doing wrong;the damage is done and he obviously knows he can't change that- but at least he got the apology out there and now he can try to move on from the incident and SEE if this apology will help or hurt him in his career.

It does look scripted though, but it was well thought out and most of the time a lot of stars who speak directly into cameras have a teleprompter nearby.....

Whether not it is a publicity stunt not-if we were in his shoes and knew we screwed up our career was about to be in the tank and worked so hard for, I'm sure we all would be laying low (as he has done) and try to say sorry and recover what is left of a career.

No taking sides, I mean HE DID DO Rhianna wrong, but we have seen these things happen to superstars and star athletes ALL THE TIME.