Paula Abdul -- One Pissed Off Judge!

7/20/2009 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul is pissed off that Ryan Seacrest is a very rich man, our "American Idol" spies say.

Abdul isn't angry at Ryan personally for his new $45 million, 3-year deal, but she's bent out of shape at producers that she's making minimum "Idol" wage -- we're told between $2 and $3 mil a year.

Our spies say producers want Paula back for sure, but she's now doing the Hollywood thing of pretending like she'll walk.

Here's the fun part. Auditions for the next season start on August 6. We're told there are already plans to start the auditions without her if they don't have a deal.

As for what Paula wants -- we're told somewhere between 2 and 3 times what she's making now. Here's our guess -- $4.5 a year ... a lot better than the $5,000 a week she pulled in for season one.

Mememememememe

Paula should stand up for her rights!

jake

Yo, Randy also could go. The same words year after year after year. Maybe he can learn some new words in the English language. Paula and Randy SHOULD go. She cant speak right and all he can speak are the same words.

agnes

Hey American Idol: I will be more than happy to take Paula's place for 2 million a year!!! I don't care what you pay Ryan or Randy or Simon - would be very happy with 2 million a year. One catch though - I really don't want to work with that Kara girl. Okay - make it 2.5 milliion and I'll work with Kara.

ly9512

You guys have to remember that Paula only had six number one hits in the late '80s and early '90s and everything she did after that was a flop (albums selling only one million copies, singles not even hitting the top 50). Its odd to me that she's even a judge based on her musical background and past. She is more of a dancer and choreographer than musician or singer.

But if you compare her to Simon Cowell, he is way bigger and in higher demand. That is why Simon will make more than Paula. Then you have Randy who has played with Journey, Jerry Garcia, Santana, Aretha Franklin, Keith Richards.. the list goes on.

The point is, Simon and Randy are more highly regarded in the music business because of their accomplishments so they will make more money for being on the show than Paula.

sheesh

The only good thing about Paula on AI is the comic relief. Wait a minute, she was one of the reasons (Randy the other) I quit watching that stupid show. Oh yeah, and Ryan is a big flaming pain in the a@@

Ziggy

Curious to see what Randy makes / episode. Paula should be making equal as they are doing the same job....If it was substantially less I'd be pissed too.

Mrmonk2000

Well she wasn't that good after all. Usually appeared as retarded or drunk or just stupid. Her comments were usually pointless, erratic and biased. I Love her as a performer, one of my favorites ever , but as a judge in Idols she simply sucks.

norjay

OMG! I truly hope she's GONE. I cannot stand her endless slo-mo comments and her standing up and dancing while those people are trying to sing. It isn't about HER! Get over yourself, Paula.

Holly Wood

Paging Dunkleman! He will work for a free t-shirt and he has even offered to highlight Seacrest's hair.

Lucinda

It's all about greed in Hollywood. I'd love to see one of those big time celebs make it paycheck to paycheck like most of us in the real world have to do.

He's just another Idiot

American Idol wouldn't be the same without Paula and Simon. What's her name - that new girl- should go. She's a BORE.
Ryan Seacrest is such a Queen. Why doesn't he come out already? Randy is OK, I guess. So glad that the cute guy from Arkansas won last season.

Deanne

That's BS. She deserves a big raise and paycheck just like the others! She is just as much an integral part of the show as Simon, Randy and Seacrest. I hope she holds out until the last minute. I heard a piece of an interview where Ryan was asked about Paula and it was telling. We WANT Paula, we LOVE Paula. The implication being....Kara? not so much...

Laura

WITHOUT PAILA "AMERICAN IDOL" IS NOT WORTH WATCHING. SHE IS THE MOTIVATING FACTOR FOR THE CONTESTANTS. SHE DESERVES A BIG, BIG, BIG RAISE. COME ON SHE DOES A LOT MORE THAN RYAN FOR THE SHOW. IF PAULA GOES, BELIEVE ME I WILL NEVER WATCH THE SHOW AGAIN...SHE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MOTIVATES THE CONTESTANTS TO DO BETTER...

The man is out to get Tiger

While Paula Abdul does add to the show and I wouldn’t mind seeing her back... In the past she has created alot controversy with some of her off screen antics, resulting in bad publicity for the show. She is lucky to still have a job and should be happy with her current salary.

slow umbrella fade out

Many people hang on every word and view of Paula and Simon's antics - it would be sad to see the judges chairs upfront, knowing Paula wouldn't be sitting in one. A large discrepancy in pay is definitely something I would have an agent protesting on my behalf if I were in Paula's shoes. Ryan is no better than the rest of the cast as far as I'm concerned, he deserves no higher pay than the judges. Insane. AI won't be the same w/o Paula - 19/FreeMantle should offer to pay her more, apologize and plead for her to return, if 'the powers that be' want the show to continue to be a success. Hope Simon Cowell steps up and talks with Simon Fuller on Paula's behalf. Part of Paula's charm is to be loopy.