Arrest in Death of 'American Idol' Contestant

7/27/2009 2:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Alex Cohen American Idol ContestantAn arrest has been made in the death of an "American Idol" contestant who was struck and killed by a car over the weekend.

23-year-old Daniel Bark was booked on charges of death by reckless driving as well as leaving the scene of an accident in the death of Alexis Cohen, who appeared on "Idol" in seasons 7 and 8 but failed to win a trip to Hollywood.

Cohen was struck on a road in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. Her body was found by two pedestrians ... it was found 350 yards from Cohen's parked car.

Cohen received notoriety for her post-audition rant in Season 7.

If convicted, Bark faces a maximum of 15 years in prison.

meli

oh that's awful! my friend told me at school today and I was shocked. R.I.P.

jackschitt

I guess she won't be trying out this year-she was one crazy broad!

say what

his bumper was worse than his bark

justsaying

I'd bet my life that no.1 is white. Questions: Do you all have soles? Is the word "emphathy" in your vocabularies? Is there anything....I mean anything.....that you all feel sorry about? I'm not trying to be facetios. I really want to know. When you all cry when your family members die are you all truly sad or are you all just trying to fool the rest of the world? Yeah...I know. I'm an idiot...a bigot, e.t.c. But after you say all those things, please answer my questions. I really truly want to know the answers.

crazy101

Oh my God i cant believe it, she is the crazy contestant i cant forget her..very sad.. she really need justice.

say what

To poster 3: We don't care at all. We're self-absorbed selfish punks who have been told that the world is all about us. We are here to laugh at other's problems.

HUH

#1 You are an inconsiderate basterd. I hope someone runs you over with a hummer. Alexis was kooky but I liked her and am sad that she died.

Fred M

No.3 you're an idiot.

FouckTards

Seriously you TROLLS a person died and was murdered!

I like for you cowards to say what you write here on the Internet at your local mall, while standing on a podium. Bet you wouldn't do it! I dare you and if you do put it on youtube you piece sh@T! If you do this, then well your not a TROLL but a true PIECE OF SH#T!

Scot

Wait a minute! "death by reckless driving as well as leaving the scene of an accident" is on;y punishable for up to 15 years in prison? That seems like a crime itself. Does one have to use a Halle Berry or a Brandy defense?

Moni Goy

I Really feel sorry for her..............

DIRE

To poster #6: BOY DID YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD! You all are a bunch of self absorbed punks! But the one thing you are sadly mistaken about is the world is NOT ALL ABOUT YOU! One day the whole lot of you will come to realize that and there are going to be a lot of you that are not going to deal with it very well!!!!

vickster

i feel sorry for her mother..she seemed to be troubled young lady and everyone is giving her a hard time may she rest in peace

Val

Too sad. I loved watching her on Idol and was looking forward to seeing her again next year. Remember when she kept yelling out "Eat it!" Too funny.

KmVoss

#3 starts off by saying "I bet #1 was white". What a moron. People like you continue to bring race to the forefront of discussions. Moron.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments