John Wayne -- The One Million Dollar Man

7/28/2009 1:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Wayne -- The One Million Dollar ManJohn Wayne's six-shooter wasn't the only thing that was loaded in the movie "Big Jake" -- the legendary cowboy pulled in a whopping seven figures for playing the lead role in the flick ... which was made way back in 1968.

Wayne's fat paycheck was revealed in a boring "Jake" lawsuit we just got our hands on -- and won't waste your time on -- which clearly states John was guaranteed $1,000,000 for the job.

But that's not all: Wayne was also set to make 10% of every penny the movie pulled in over $10 million -- too bad it only made a little over $7 million.

Ironically, "Big Jake" was also known as "The Million Dollar Kidnapping."

TEXtex

I was really suprised to learn Harvey is a blazing f a g.

B.

Very fricken nice

TEXtex

The idea of q ue ers getting married is ridiculous/

knucklehead

ran out of dead stars

Ooooo Noooo!

As you can see . . . all the kids here don't have a clue who The Duke was! Quick, someone do a Lady GaGa post so the kids will have something to talk about.

DangerBaby

Murray's lawyer claims these leaks are 'timed' and that everyrone needs to chill and wait for the "long-delayed" toxicology reports. Even we plebes know that report is going to say NOTHING about Diprivan because it disappears immediately more or less and we all know there was a LONG delay (hours) before he was ever pronounced dead or his body tested. At that point Dr. Murray can say, "I must have misspoke, I did not administer Diprivan and if you claim I have, where's the evidence. I have no idea why he died." What do you bet...

DangerBaby

Oops, wrong forum. Sorry about that.

Scarletcat

I've missed the point on why this is important now. Could you please give a follow up or expand this piece?

Rufus T. Firefly

The Duke ran his own production company so he was his own boss. Clint Eastwood did the same thing.

Juliette

Why are we even bringing this up after all these years he's been dead?????? Is there a point or was it a slow day for news.

savvydude

John Wayne will always be the greatest movie star ever. All the newbies should pack their stuff and go home. The Duke is the king.

Ziggy

I didn't learn about his racism until much later. I read a Playboy article he did back in the 60's. He was pouring it on strong saying blacks can't do this and can't do that and blah, blah, blah. He thought he was better than everybody because he was The Duke.

He was very racist, so strange that he only married latino women.

Anyway, he's long dead and his movies are pretty darn good. I appreciate his great body of work, his art. I don't dwell on his personal views. If we cared about what movies stars really believed, no one would like them.

Ziggy

I'm sure his wife spent that million dollars a long time ago on diamonds and dead animal skins (oops, I meant furs).

Discount Codes

The idea of q ue ers getting married is ridiculous

Discount Codes