The Video Simon Cowell Just Couldn't Bury

7/31/2009 5:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

That guy in the blue doggy suit is a young Simon Cowell -- and this is the video his buddy Nigel Lythgoe didn't think we'd ever find. Check and mate.

Simon Cowell: Click to watch
Nigel challenged TMZ to uncover the "horrible" video of the "Idol" judge singing -- and did we ever. Here's Cowell waaaay back in '82 on the popular U.K. television show "Top of the Pops" performing as his barking alter-ego "Wonderdog."

Nigel Lythgoe: Click to watchBritain's got talent, indeed.

Why?

That's just about one of the stupidest things I have seen in a long time! Simon you should think twice before ever using the word cheesy, a word you frequently throw out, to critique anyone from now on. Just reminds me how silly the 80's were- they were actually dancing to barking? WTF!?! At least that get up is better than those horrible t-shirts he wears. Now that I'm thinking about it- put the dog head back on, you look better. WHAT A TOOL!

Dasher

LOL I can't believe you found it!!! good job... lol

Why?

How fun! I LOVEEEE Simon! What a hottie! I wish I was alive in the 1980's. I would have made love to him doggie style! Yummy, sooooo sexy!

JFo

Props on finding the video, you go girl!

Webbster

That's not the one.
Nigel's challenge was for you to find him singing and obviously he wasn't singing in that one.

I do vaguely remember when he actually sang. It was on that same kids show in the first part of the clip.
It was a Saturday morning summer time show - one of those which was on whilst Saturday Superstore (or was it Going Live ?) was on their summer breaks.

Any other Brit Expats out there who can help here ?

Beat Down Brown is Going Down

That was then, this is now. Simon Cowell is worth probably hundreds of millions of dollars right now. So if singing like a dog helped him get his start, and he obviously wasn't too proud to do whatever it took, then good on him! All you aspiring entertainers and moguls should take note.

Nicole

I watched TMZ last night. I knew you'd find it, Congrats! Never underestimate Harvey (lord knows we never do)

mike

Simon has officially, PAID HIS DUES!!

Former Costume Characters, UNITE!!!

Dan da man

Sorry TMZ, the challenge was SINGING VIDEO, not barking. Get that surfer dude long blond hair intern of yours back on the hunt!!! NOT CHECK MATE, BUT STALE MATE!!!

Dustin

OMG!! LOL

Kudos to TMZ.

CrisDizzle

Michael Vick would have been proud. ;-]

Bearlvr

Did anyone else notice the dog costume that shows sporting a woody at the end of the video???

SassieAries

CONGRATS! That didn't take you long at all! I was watching the show last night wondering how long it was going to take you to find that imfamous video. And voila! 24 hours later. You know SC is going to be pissed though

lost in lalaland

Gee, the logo and intro music for that show don't look at ALL like the current A.I. logo and intro.

Josh

Actually, with a cursory search, I found it posted as early of December 2008 on YouTube. And that's without really digging. In other words, it's been out there. That is pretty hilarious though. I think Simon's lost all credibility with that one.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments