Jessica Simpson --

Dates Cowboys,

Is An Indian

8/2/2009 11:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Simpson insists she is not an Indian giver -- but that she is, in fact, an Indian. Huh?

Jessica Simpson -- play video
Simpson angered some Native American groups when she told us earlier this week she wasn't an Indian giver -- after we asked her if she would take back a boat she bought ex-BF Tony Romo as a gift.

When we asked her about the comment last night outside of Katsuya in Hollywood, she told us, "I am Indian, alright?"

Her Indian name would be She Who Does Not Speak Good.

me

its true tho everyone says they are cherokee..

Candy Barr

Why doesn't the TMZ staff take Sundays off? Not only is it a story that has been played out already, but people are being hurtful to others with their comments.

Lippy Loo

She is such a friggin moron... no wonder Romo dumped her trashy butt. This girl cannot sing if her life depended on it and she is the worst actress on the planet.

Christina

#1 I'm Indian but not like Native American i'm South Indian like a Malayali #2 whoever wrote this article needs to stfu cuz just we're ndn doesn't mean u need to offend ppl races so u no wat go hump a tree for all i care or go to back to hell from where ur born RETARD! god

Good Road

Just another celebrity trying to claim they're Native American. What else is new????????

Percy Ballantyne

Jessica is really my lost CUZZIN` who ran away.. ,She`s part Chinese & East Indian which makes her CHINDIAN!! UR my CUZZIN`EH, Jessica?

n8vgran50

There is NO WAY Jessica Simpson Native American. What is she Cherokee? America anyone who claims they're Cherokee, an ounce of Cherokee or their great-great-great-great-grandmother was a CHEROKEE or INDIAN PRINCESS is Flat our lying. The term Cherokee Princess was used by the White men who slept with the head men's prostitutes. So there. It was the town prostitute, so to the white man she was his Indian Princess. So people who say Indian or Cherokee Princess the "real" natives are laughin at you. People say Cherokee because its the only tribe name they know because of Hollywood. People think that by adding Princess to any type of Native Tribe brings royalty to them, like they are a better than you. If your Royalty, then why the Hell don't you know about your background or a registered member? Any tribe you has their bloodline 1/4 or greater have PURE bloodline. Anything less is very questionable, and can not prove it otherwise. And just because your ancestors MAY have some Indian Blood, doesn't mean it was passed down to you automatically. Once your parent mingles with a Non-Native ur Bloodline is lost. It takes a 4/4 Native of both parents to create a Pure Native (Navajo, Apache, Sioux, Ute, Pueblo, etc. ) Jessica Simpson is a White Girl! By her making false claims, she's losing fans. Natives who's ancestors struggled this is an insult from people claiming anytype of Native Bloodline. Shame on you Jessica Simpson.

rick

in order for you to be Indian you need the following
1.know the tribe language
2.be registered and have an Indian card
3.live on the reservation
4.be a fall down drunk
5.if your a girl, love sleeping with the white man

if you cont have all these your not Indian

n8vgran50

TRUE NATIVE AMERICANS, YOUR GREAT-GREAT GRANDPARENTS SURVIVED ANY ATTEMPT THE US GOVERNMENT HAD OF WIPING YOUR TRIBE OUT COMPLETELY. IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE MAKING JOKES ABOUT IT. DO YOUR RESEARCH, OUR US GOVERNMENT WAS DOING ANYTHING THEY COULD TO DESTROY ALL NATIVE AMERICAS IN THE US. BECAUSE THEY WANTED THEM TO BE "CIVIL". SO DON'T LABEL ALL NATIVES AS BEING DRUNKS, OR SAYING NATIVE WOMAN LOVE SLEEPING WITH THE WHITE MEN. NATIVE AMERICANS TODAY ARE STILL BEING DISCRIMINATED. THEY WERE HERE FIRST, AND MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE STILL LIVE IN THEIR TRADITIONAL WAYS. IF IT WASN'T FOR THE NATIVE AMERICANS WE WOULDN'T HAVE WON WORLD WAR II.

Risi

What a ditz!
I'm so glad even my kids don't like her....or much that's on TV.

If she'd used the N word you folks would not be so ready to defend her.

Could she get away with saying she was black?

What tribe is she, does she know her culture, and what has she done with them?

If she really is (not a chance in hell, likely) she should be doubly ashamed of herself.

Saying you're ndn after a faux pas like that is so old hat...everybody does it.

If you can't name it, don't claim it.

Risi

Jessica,you're not an indian!!

Miia

Let me set some of the record straight. To be Native American depending on which tribe you are from, Its governed by the tribal council how much blood someone has to be to be "enrolled". When someone is enrolled, yes they get their tribal card. you do not have to live on the reservation. There are alot of myths. I am not sure where all the "white' especially Rick gets his information. I wonder what you do for a living ? Yes I am Native American.The "white man stole the Native American's land.
And if you are wondering what I do for a living, I am an attorney, both my sons are prosecutors
The myths are we all are drunks. What about the "white man" they are are meth heads.

Whop der it is

Calling all SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are above this. Yatahai

Risi

My own observations about the term "Indian giver". it is firmly based in white people's still-uncorrected misconceptions. Yes, I read the definition someone threw up. Like so much in white america--the definition itself portrays their lack of intercultural education. Native tribes(including ones encountered early on by the invaders) were not confined to a "barter" economy. Many north american tribes used denominations of shell beads ( known as wampum and other names)in certain lengths of string. Others in MesoAmerica used gold tucked into transparent quills as forms of currency. This is just as "valid" a form of currency as a hammered out flat piece of gold or paper. If a native was in the act of exchange, like you or me, he or she would want to make sure he or she got full equal value for whatever they were using for trade--barter or "money". Don't you when you sell something? If you don't feel you have been fairly paid for an item--you'd like it returned so you could make a better deal, wouldn't you? If the Euros who first landed here were so stupid or such thieves that they could not recognize this simple economic concept, then it is not the fault of the natives and we should not have to put up with such ignorant labels.

I personally don't think the whites were that ignorant. I think they meant it as an offensive term from the beginning because they were getting caught so much on their cheats by us "ignorant savages" and it hurt their pride to think we were as smart or smarter than they were.

That said, I'm less offended by the term itself than how the dimwit tried to justify it....

rick

Yes I am Native American.The "white man stole the Native American's land.

In elementary school I was taught that the white man bought the land from the chief with cigarettes and beads. Later in life I learned the white man started their extermination of the Indians after the first harvest, so I wondered why do Native Americans celebrate Thanksgiving.... But anyway you know you and your sons are the exception, you know on the tribe lands alcoholism is a serious problem.