Jessica Simpson --

Part Indian,

Part Mysterious

8/3/2009 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Simpson
When Jessica Simpson looked into our camera this weekend and claimed, "I am Indian" -- she wasn't kidding around.

Jessica's rep tells TMZ the singer is 1/16th Native American "on her mother's side."

So far, Simpson's peeps have not revealed which tribe Jessica is descended from.

Of course, the revelation only came to light after Jessica started receiving criticism from Native American groups after she claimed she wasn't an "Indian giver" -- regarding a gift she bought Tony Romo.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Paparazzo@frog.cc

Jessica Simpson is not Indian. She's hillbilly.

Mememememememe

and i bet she has a family friend who is one, therefore, she could not really mean what she said!

Seriously?

Mememememememe

WE DON'T WANT JESSICA SIMPSON. THE HILLBILLIES CAN KEEP HER!

eew

oh my gosh... let it effin' go already!
you cry-babies are gonna PC us into the ground!

First whores!

Paparazzo@frog.cc is not clever. He's a douche

Mememememememe

3. Is that really supposed to make Native American's feel better? Don't all white people claim to be indian when it benefits them? Posted at 5:40PM on Aug 3rd 2009 by Seriously?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, only to get certain financial assistance!

laura bell lou

Grow up and cry over something else!! I'm sure the native americans are not upset over that at all one bit. My family has indian blood in it and I'm not going to jump over a bridge because of what she said! People are just wish they were her!!

First whores!

Jessica is a very talented and smart individual who just had a momentary lapse in judgement. We still love you Jess!! Loved your latest album. Keep up the great work.

First whores!

p.s. - I'd still hit that! Over and over and over and over and over and over..........................................

Willx

Its No wonder then, why she can't handle the Fire Water!

Me

likely there has barely been a stir about what she said...however the press loves to start controversy which is what i believe that are doing right now. Yawn..next topic... geez.

Chuck D

Being part Indian is not something that comes up ever in my life either. Paoparrazo at frog etc is not very bright. His or her moronic comment is typical for him or her.

Kayan Phoenix

Gonna have to Agree with # 3 n 4!!!! she's just trying to cover her mistake!!! n again i doubt she is Native .. i will laugh my ass off if she says Cherokee!! every white person trys to say that!!

Ryan

If you are 1/16 Native American, I'm sorry, you ARE NOT NATIVE AMERICAN. As the product of an Aleut mother and white father (thus being half Native), I can tell you there is a point at which you can quit calling yourself Native or using it for an excuse, and 1/16 is way past that point. I'm not really offended by what she said initially, but don't pull the classic "But I am Native American!" card. It's more disgusting than the Indian giver comment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments