Jessica Simpson --

Part Indian,

Part Mysterious

8/3/2009 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Simpson
When Jessica Simpson looked into our camera this weekend and claimed, "I am Indian" -- she wasn't kidding around.

Jessica's rep tells TMZ the singer is 1/16th Native American "on her mother's side."

So far, Simpson's peeps have not revealed which tribe Jessica is descended from.

Of course, the revelation only came to light after Jessica started receiving criticism from Native American groups after she claimed she wasn't an "Indian giver" -- regarding a gift she bought Tony Romo.

Mememememememe

I KNOW THE DOUCEBAG FROM CLEVELAND IS THE ONE WHO IS USING MY SCREEN NAME. TOO BAD CLEVELAND IS SUCH A DIRTY AND $$$$$$$$$$HITY TOWN AND THIS IS THE ONLY ENTERTAINMENT THAT YOU HAVE THERE. THE FLATS SUCK JUST LIKE YOU!

First whores!

Hey Real Meme blah blah blah, you would not hit that. Ever! She would never want a loser like you. Dream on dork.

Mememememememe

CLEVELAND....HAHA...YOU COULDN'T AFFORD BEECHWOOD! BROKE A$$$ BIOTCH!

RR

I am so SICK and tired of "people" pulling the I'm part Indian card! In the future, please know that the Native American community finds it demeaning to be referred to as "Indians". Those are characters you find on television being chased by cowboys. Futhermore, if Jessica Smpson really is Native American, then she should know the term "Indian Giver" is RACIST and an ABSOLUTE LIE in American History! Native Americans did not GIVE away land, rights, diginity, etc...only to ask for it back. Those things were STOLEN with GREAT force and sacrifice of many lives. So much so, that the family lineage of many Native Americans have been completely destroyed. So, please if you want to be a part of our community, do your research, and stop being OFFENSIVE!!

Fools Rush In

Oh yes, all upset over someone saying something "offensive" but it's ok to scoff at her heritage and dismiss her as a "hillbilly," if you are really Native. I see it all the time, Native American culture is easily getting washed out into the mainstream but none mind the money that comes in from the Federal Government and the vast amount that comes into the casinos. Pick and choose, pick and choose, cherry pick and complain.
It may indeed be a rude comment in some people's eyes but then again, current Native "outreach" to gently teach people how to respect Native culture has flopped. I don't even bother to acknowledge mine anymore. Dark skin is all that means anything anymore.

hmmm..

Yeah, probably CHEROKEE, just like almost every one who claims they have "Indian" in their blood.

Fools Rush In

19. If you are 1/16 Native American, I'm sorry, you ARE NOT NATIVE AMERICAN. As the product of an Aleut mother and white father (thus being half Native), I can tell you there is a point at which you can quit calling yourself Native or using it for an excuse, and 1/16 is way past that point. I'm not really offended by what she said initially, but don't pull the classic "But I am Native American!" card. It's more disgusting than the Indian giver comment.

Posted at 5:57PM on Aug 3rd 2009 by Real_Nate

See, it's this kind of crap that divides people. People are so caught up with "how much " this or that someone is or what their skin color is, rather than who they are and what they do. We see this same line of thinking with MJ. He wasn't black enough according to some, not really like a white guy to others. His children don't look black enough etc etc etc. Other people thinking they can decide what another person is and what they should claim.

That kind of thinking is what destroys people rather than enriches them.

Trooper Tom

1/16th LOL she is still 100 percent air head

lazz

Saw Tony the day after he broke up with her at a pool party. He didn't look too broken up.
Check out some pictures

First whores!

Funny sh*t Meme,
I know it is you who has been hijacking my name and leaving comments with my signature. I have NOT been hijacking your name. You owe me an apology.

Angryatidiots

WTF !!!!!!!!!!! IS NOT ONE ON YOU STAFF ABLE TO THINK

AN "INDIAN GIVER" IS SOMEONE WHO IS BEING ASSOCIATED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MANY YEARS AGO.

YOU KNOW! THE ONES THAT TOOK THE LAND FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNERS... GAVE IT BACK UNDER TREATIES... AND THEN VIOLATED THE TREATIES.

THESE (THE GOV) ARE THE ONES THAT GAVE AND THEN TOOK BACK.

I BELIEVE THAT SERIOUS APOLOGIES ARE APPROPRIATE ALL AROUND!

Mememememememe

Poor Cleveland Guy - I owe you a Section 8/subsidized housing card so you can *TRY* to get out of Slumland! I don't have time to change my screen name to your LAME, LET ME REPEAT IT, *************LAME*********** screen name. You couldn't make it to Chagrin Falls? Broke beeotch!

Trey's pop

If she is in fact part Indian, wouldn't that make her an Indian giver ??

who dat

Who cares what she says. She has HUGE breasts and prefers anal sex & is stupid. My dream girl.

J