Katherine Jackson -- It Wasn't 'Natural Causes'

8/3/2009 7:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson spoke for the first time about her son's death last night on Geraldo -- calling in to say "My son is dead and I don't think he just died of natural causes. He's too young. Something happened."

Katherine Jackson: Click to watch
MJ's mother also denied her husband, Joe, is banned from their Encino home and said Michael's children, who she currently has custody of, are "doing fine."

The family is expected in court this morning -- we'll be there, live streaming the whole thing.

vlo

# 26, I though she spoke very well and very clearly especially for a woman who's almost 80...she knows exactly what she's talking about that's why these pappos are not approaching her because she'll tell them the truth that they don't wanna hear...you can't put a lot past katherine jackson...when she said he didn't die of natural causes, she meant something else contributed to his death besides the obvious prescription drugs he was being injected with...makes sense what she said..

english

He's too young? No, lady, your druggy freakazoid meal ticket is dead. You're just trying to figure out a way to exploit the white kids that Jacko purchased from a catalog. I hope you get hit by a bus.

TEAMBRANCA

Huck I agree

vlo

I mean "THOUGHT"

Ina

lol if i was her i would kick that old dog of Joe out of the house. He hurted Michael so many times but she is protecting always her stupid husband. "A good Grandfather.. yea sure.. and i'm the Toothfairy! "
How can she live with herself? Her son just died and she's having fun with the whole family.
"The kids are having fun" If i had a father like MJ or a husband like MJ i would be so sad and depressed that i would not be able to get myself on my feet and they are all having fun.
Poor Michael always beeing protecting of his mother.. stupid woman..

DangerBaby

Jim -- That book is on my reading list. I have seen interviews with Bob Jones online, and it's plain as day that he had a grudge against MJ given the way he was terminated. It was abrupt and impersonal, and Bob had to go to the State to get his vacation pay. Whoever else MJ was, I've read enough to know that he was not the greatest employer. He learned plenty from his father, particularly how to be ruthless in business. The guards up at Neverland weren't being paid much at all, according to court filings related to their labor dispute with MJ. I think Tohme or MJ, expected people to work for next to nothing just for the privilege of working for MJ. MJ also fired his manager, Frank DiLeo, and John Branca, his attorney for a decade, in similar fashion. No warning and very abruptly, and some say due to the influence (at that time) of David Geffen. I lost some respect for MJ when I read these things, because he had so much and these people had done so much for him, particularly Branca. So Bob Jones had a grudge and you need to take anything written by him with a grain of salt (or a shakerful). The thing that strikes me about ALL these people who claim MJ had unhealthy relationships with children, is that they either had vested interests in doing so (a tabloid paying them for the story, a publisher paying them for a book), or grudges related to employment or personal dealings. Apparently there was a lot of competition between even people on staff (i.e., between Blanca Francia and another maid) for MJ's attention and affection. I blame MJ for creating the kind of environment where favoritism and internal strife between staff members was rampant (volatile and dangerous). When expectations of largesse are set up, and when people don't get what they want, they become very angry and vengeful. I have seen this over and over and it isn't pretty. It seems MJ used his money to manipulate and control people, and that brought out human nature in all its UNglory. He's partially to blame for the circus in other words.

vlo

#34 you are a mean person. your parents must have made you eat mud cakes when you were little...so bitter, so sad for you.

vlo

#34 you parents must have made you eat mud pies when you were a kid...so bitter you sound or do you even have parents? hoping someone gets hit by a bus sounds deranged and malicious...you need to get out more and get off your computer for a while...it ain't that serious....

entremedieu

Pure Katherine....so much pain. I am sad and i know what she feel....Katherine Michael is with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cali MJ Fan

28. #11: How do you know that Katherine actually said that? Were you on the other end of the conversation? Grace, who was the former nanny, DENIED that this ever happened, along with the lie that she regularly pumped Michael Jackson's stomach! This came from a TABLOID in the UK, like among so many other unethical newsrags, that are trying to make a quick buck from this story--and if you believe everything you read without doing research on you own, then you are just dumba$$!

Posted at 10:22AM on Aug 3rd 2009 by Tracie

**************************************

Tracie,

Actually, Nanny Grace came out on Deepak Chopra's *website* and said the interview didn't happen. THEN Daphne, the UK reporter who conducted the interview (2 days before MJ's death), released a snipet of the interview on video. Since that time, Nanny Grace hasn't made so much as a whisper in the press. She was however, spotted going back to the UK to try and convince Daphne to not release the interview... which is slated to be released. I would guess the only way we won't see it is if The Encino compound is willing to pay enough to keep it quiet.

If I hadn't seen the video, I wouldn't have believed the comments Daphne claimed Grace said-- but now that Daphne's willing to call Grace's bluff and still release it-- I say -- the comments are true.

Grace of course doesn't want the Jacksons to see all that she gave up on MJ... I'm sure it's going to be a doosey!

Andrea

19. No kidding it wasn't natural causes !!!
I mean how long can a body go onwith that many illegal drugs?????

It wasnt illegal drugs dumb ass...it was prescription medicine given by an cardiologist and many other LEGAL doctors. Michael Jackson wasnt the firs person, not only celebrity, to die because of that. I saw an interview with a mother who also lost her non-famous son because of a anesthesic medicine overdose and the journalist say that over 30,000 american die because of that a year.

DangerBaby

Why is KJ referring to Joe has her husband?? From what I have read, he lives in Vegas and has done so for quite some time. While still married and living with KJ, he fathered a child by another woman and even bought her a home etc., and doted on that child According to one of the MJ biographies, he was unfaithful to KJ as a matter of routine, and set an example that most of his boys followed in their married lives (excluding Michael, who was appalled by his father and brothers' philandering). Also, if KJ says Joe didn't beat his children, then she's calling MJ a liar. I have no doubt that he will be a better grandfather than father (there's no where to go but up!), but suddenly he's her husband? And she's coming to his defense? He put his wife through the ringer with his philandering and he sure wasn't looking out for her best interests when he did so. Now, suddenly, they are a couple. No, now suddenly KJ stands to get 40% of MJ's estate, plus custody of children who have another 40%. That kind of money will set the hounds to sniffing from miles away.

1906 days ago

There is no such thing as reality tv

She knows her son was a drug addict. But his doctors need to be held accountable for what they have done, too.

lawry, from France

DangerBaby at # 38 said:
"blame MJ for creating the kind of environment where favoritism and internal strife between staff members was rampant (volatile and dangerous). When expectations of largesse are set up, and when people don't get what they want, they become very angry and vengeful. I have seen this over and over and it isn't pretty. It seems MJ used his money to manipulate and control people, and that brought out human nature in all its UNglory."
As an hypothesis i would say that MJ wanted so much people to love him for only being a human being, and not the star he was, that he couldn't see what was going on in an boss-employee relationship.
Am I so wrong thinking that way?
And i suppose that some managers made him ignore lot of things.

doc murry

MESSEGE FROM MIChAEL..THIS IS TO ALL THE NERDS ..ERRR I MEAN MY FOLLOWERS...PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THIS SITE AND PLEASE COMMENT ON EVERY STUPID DETAIL ABOUT MY LIFE..YES I AM A DRUNK DOPE TAKING OVERMEDICATED CHILD MOLESTOR BUT I CAN MOON WALK SO IM KOOL..i HAD A FEW HIT SONGS AND NOW IT SEEMS I AM GOD TO THE RETARDS..ERRR I MEAN MY FOLLOWERS,,PLEASE SEND ALL YOUR MONEY TO MY DAD AND CRAZY MOTHER.SO ALL YOU GEEKS AND PEOPLE WITH NO LIFE KEEP COMMENTING BECAUSE EVERYTIME YOU DO MY DAD GETS 100.00.PEAVE LOVE AND THE BUCK RULE..OH BY THE WAY..MY NOSE SEEMS TO HAVE FALLEN OFF AND I CANT SEEM TO FIND IT,