Michael Douglas' Son

Busted for Meth

8/3/2009 8:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0803_cameron_douglas_mug_ex-1We've learned Michael Douglas' son -- actor Cameron Douglas -- has been arrested in New York City for possession of methamphetamines with the intent to distribute.

It's not the first time Cameron has been busted for drugs. Back in 2007 he was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance after cops found a syringe with liquid cocaine in a car he was in.

The mugshot in this article is from his 2007 arrest.

We're told the 30-year-old actor was taken into custody by federal authorities earlier today. He remains in custody.

hmmm..

SPEED KILLS!!

ugh

His son looks like Butthead LMAO

becky

I say all those actors/signers need to line up with their children and they all get help. Mentally and physically. It sounds like LA is keeping the drug lords very very rich.

shar

What is it with these hollywood kids, money galore and end up doing drugs. Is there no family pride or is the Douglas family as screwed up as the O'Neals.

Anita

Apparently, to guys like Michael Douglas kids are like cookies - they throw the first batch away and cook up a new batch with the trophy wife.

get a life

Seriously, commentators need to get a life. It's none of your business what he does with his life. We all mess up.

DivaLoveMagic

Wow, i'm surprised. I thought Michael Douglas was more grounded than that - to have a METH addict kid?? Still love his movies tho. http://www.mediancs.com/rd_p?p=186122&t=9534&a=18148-tmz&gift=18148

Anita

Messing around seems to run in that family.

For those of us who are old enough to remember, the oldest Douglas had an affair with his HS teacher in the 50s and the woman neglected her own crippled son while lavishing her love on Douglas.

His son, Michael Douglas - Cameron's father - cheated on his first wife for many years and we can just imagine the storm scenes Cameron saw in his parents' marriage.

Now Cameron has a hole in his soul and is a drug dealer.. Quelle surprise!

pollynoo

Why didn't they book him under his real heeb name 'Danielovitch'????

NYC

I thought Michael Douglas' son was named Smugmond?

Money Talks

Catherine Zeta-Jones (what a fake name) married old Michael Douglas to get into more movies. What must she be thinking now, I hope she feels guilty as I am sure she no loger loves her husband, notwithstanding all the face-lifts he has endured trying to keep up with her in the looks department. She is getting uglier too and doesn't seem to get that many offers for movies. KARMA is hitting you both, the younger gold-digger and the old fool. I certainly hope Michael will take care of his son Cameron now, as much as he takes care of the younger ones. Life is so cruel, my heart aches for Cameron. His life is kaput, unless his old man really tries to help him. This story is very sad indeed.

know it all

Michael..Don't bail him out..and don't come to his rescue..He is a 30 year old MAN..Let him be responsible for his own behavior..That will be his first step to finding lasting sobriety...From another DAD who knows

Redtopp

He's that broke he needs to 'distribute?" --- or maybe that's how he gets his free --- oh well...very sad. I like Michael Douglas.

GRouston

Tough stuff addiction, so many out there caught in this vicious circle, addiction does not respect anyone, its hell to get free but it can be done, I did it so can you. Addiction comes in many forms, people,places, things, drugs and alcohol, money, power and sex. If you ever tried to control something it is out of control and if you ever get into trouble doing it your hooked big time. Addiction is the disease of isolation, pleays big time trickes on you, you think your not hooked, your doing just fine but you cannot get free. Just know that there is hope, hope and freedom for everyone out there that has a problem, millions have done it, millions are free. I was blown up in a gas explosin-suffered third degree burns over 40% of my body, literally kicked out of Denmark, served time in a Navy red line brig in CA while in the Navy, charged with two counts of attempted murder after a shoot out with police trying to kill myself, many hospitalizations, attempted suicides, car wrecks, divorce, job loss, you name it I did it and survived. My book tells it all, MY MIND HAS A MIND OF ITS OWn, I now devote my life to writing and speaking, offering hope for all addicts, you can do it. God Bless

GRouston