Jermaine Jackson -- Smile for Apple

8/4/2009 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's special administrators want the estate to cash in on a song one of his brothers performed at the memorial, but time is of the essence.

In docs filed with the court, lawyers for the estate say they've negotiated a very favorable agreement for the estate with Apple Inc., for the promotion, distribution and sale of the audio and audiovisual recordings of Jermaine Jackson's performance of the song, "Smile" at the memorial service.

They claim there is currently "a heightened demand for such products due to Jermaine Jackson's moving performance during the memorial service, which may diminish over time."

But they need to act quick, so they're asking the judge to approve the deal ... ASAP.

Cin

The King of Pop version is better.
released in 1995 in 'History' album

Cin

For God's Sake I'll rather have Apple to release MJ version of 'Smile'. It's in his History album and it sounds alot better.

Cin

Cin

robin

i did a a little of editing couple of weeks ago and created a duet song of michael & jermaine singing smile

[movie][/movie]

bunny

that's great, Robin (#94). Well done. I enjoyed listening to that.
As for everyone criticising the Jacksons and saying they're greedy and money-hungry, well I felt the same way for a long time, but now I'm realizing that they still have to eat and pay their bills etc. and that they've fallen on hard times and I for one can't blame them for trying to make a dollar at this time in whatever way they can. The brothers have known nothing except show biz from when they were young kids and I hate to think how hard it must have been for them to go from being stars to being dirt poor. Let's be a bit more understanding and humane.

Marla

If this was MJ's favourite song I rather listen to his version, there's no question about it!!!! Jermaine please go away, you can be a good singer and a ladies man but to be a star it takes much more and you don't have it dude, dearest Mike took it all with him!

AJ

Reading the posts here, it seems Jermaine is not liked at all. I watched him on the UK Big Bro and he came across really well, if the Shilpa thing hadnt of happened in that show then Jermain would of probably won that year. I know he has been a bit of a naughty boy in the past, but I thought the version of Smile at the memorial was lovely and I along with a few friends would love to get a copy of it, so I think their proposal to release it is more down to public demand than Jermaine wanting to profit, yes the money he will get from it will be nice for him, but lets not forget he has just lost his brother. Lots of people gain financially when a loved one dies, my friend inherited money from her father when he died does that mean my friend didnt love her dad and was only there for the money? I think not. I think the family need to be given some slack regarding the money thing. Besides Michael put the best people he could in charge of the estate, and judging from what they have done so far, in my opinion they have been doing an excellent job, and I cant see them letting the family abuse the trust Michael set up. Im more concerned about what happened to Michael than I am about his money/estate, I want to see the doc's who issue these drugs like candy to the rich and famous dealt with strongly, and the law tightened up to stop this happening in the future.

judi

Jermaine Jackson is a money loving piece of s**t. His whole family is selling him out to the highest bidder. Sad so sad.

Camilla

NOW EVERYBODY WANTS TO MAKE MONEY ON HIM

lankandiva

WOW,THE WORDS TO JERMAINES SONG,THATS TERRIBLE..MICHAEL HAS BEEN HURT IN SO MANY WAYS..BY HIS OWN..IM SPEECHLES..TO BE HONEST WHEN I WATCHEDTHE MEMORIAL,AND SAW JERMAINE SING,I FELT HIS PAIN,YOU KNOW ALL IN ALL BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER,WHETHER JERMAINE WAS MOURNING WHICH IM SURE REGARDLESS HE WAS AND STILL IS HE WOULD HAVE FELT GUILT..WHAT MANY OF US FORGET IS WE ARE ALL HUMAN,HOW MANY OF US CAN SAY WE HAVE NEVER HAD A FALLING OUT WITH A LOVED ONE?I KNOW IVE SAID AND DONE MANY THNGS THROUGH HURT AND ANGER TO PEOPLE CLOSE TO ME AND AFTER WE WILL TALK AND SAY SORRY..ITS "HUMAN NATURE",I WAS SUPRISED BY JERMAINES SONG..WOW..THATS ALL I CAN SAY..BUT I PERSONALLY LOVED HIS VERSION OF SMILE,I THOUGHT IT AS BEAUTFUL AND MEANINGFUL..I CRIED LISTENING TO IT,I COULD SEE HIS HURTING..AND I ALREADY DOWNLOADED IT NOT LONG AFTER THE MEMORIAL..I BELIEVE JERMAINE MEANT EVERY WORD AND YES EVEN IF HIM AND MJ DIDNT MAKE PEACE IM SURE MJ FORGAVE HIM..HE WOULDA BEEN SMILING DOWN ON HIS BROTHER..STOP CALLING MICHAEL JACKSON NAES,YOU KNOW WHAT NAME IM TALKING ABOUT, HE SAID HE HATED IT,AND I DONT UNDERTSAND WHY PEOPLE USE IT..SO DISRESPECTFUL AND HATEFUL..R.I.P MICHAEL JACKSON.YOU ARE IN A BETTER PLACE,WE LOVE AND MISS YOU ANGEL..GOD BESS YOUR SOUL..LOVE AUSTRALIA..

lankandiva

P.S I FORGOT TO SAY I LOVE MICHAELS VERISON OF SMILE-HE'S THE MOST BEATIFUL ANGELIC VOICE..TEARS JUST STREAM DOWN MY FACE WHEN I LISTEN TO HIM SING..NEVER WILL THERE ME ANOTHER LIKE YOU MICHAEL JACKSON.."OFTEN IMMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED' LOVE YOU..

smiles

I have been a long time Michael Jackson fan, and I am very fortunate enough to have collected an amount of memorabilia over the years, I love his music, his dancing and for what he stood for in trying to encourage people to take care of the world and each other, through decency and respect. I will not ever get on the band-waggon with what these people are doing with regard to leaching as much money out of Micheal and the public that they can now that MJ has gone, it is an absolute disgrace - sickening - it is to me and is nothing short of grave robbing. It makes me very angry and absolutely sick to the pit of my stomach! It is grotesque and shallow - but it seems to me that none of these money grabbing morons, can actually see that in so many ways that money was the core reason to Michaels demise!! Yet on and on about money they go, and the more they get excited about, it - it disgusts me! I don't think that he should be laid to rest at Neverland, as much as he loved it when he lived there for a while, but, it then became a home that he had violated on more than one occasion because of things that were said about him, and the people that he thought were genuine friends of his turned out to betray him, just like they are now. So here is the thing, if any un-released songs of MJ are made I would be interested in buying, but the rest forget it, I am boycotting anything commercial to do with Michael Jackson - out of love and respect for the guy! I am sure not going to filling the boots of these money grabbers, whoever you may be!

jean

Jermaine,was writting a tell all book about Michael last year ,what happened to that? Now he professes love for his brother? Michael was not even in contact with his sick family ,as mentally unstable as Michael was he knew how dangerous his own family was.or is.! Jermaine, was working with AllGood Entertainment for a come back tour of the Jackson 5 slated for 2010.AllGood slapped Michael with a lawsuit for $40 million in May/June 2009 for a no compete clause. Jermaine is crook like his father, and most likely another junkie like Michael,just not as full blown. The entire family has and always will be living off the coat tails of Michael. They all are washed up and they know it,so , now all they have left is to milk the profits of death of Michael under the guise to take care of his children that Michael bought and hopefully paid for! After all the children are the new lifeline for this money grubbling family!